SAU Community

Sau Wakefield Trackday - Who's Going?

Frink

ok sweet so i can go :P ill probly bring the car on a trailer there in case i wipe out. when you say expect additional changes do you know what they are exactly? i already have oil catch can i dont have bonnet catchs or tow hooks im not even sure what they are

If you can pass it as being a street car (have you handed the plates back?) all you will need to do is pass the safety checks of scrutineering. You won't need bonnet catches, nothing extra to add apart from the fire extinguisher and some basics. They will check brakes, steering, seat belts (standard okay), blue triangle for battery location (blue masking tape on the day), approved helmet among other basic checks to ensure the car is mechanically safe. If you don't have the plastic cover over the positive terminal on your battery, they will get you to stick some gaffa tape over the top. Its all pretty commonsense stuff, but we're happy to help if there is something you're not sure about.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If you can pass it as being a street car (have you handed the plates back?) all you will need to do is pass the safety checks of scrutineering. You won't need bonnet catches, nothing extra to add apart from the fire extinguisher and some basics. They will check brakes, steering, seat belts (standard okay), blue triangle for battery location blue masking tape on the day), approved helmet among other basic checks to ensure the car is mechanically safe. If you don't have the plastic cover over the positive terminal on your battery, they will get you to stick some gaffa tape over the top. Its all pretty commonsense stuff, but we're happy to help if there is something you're not sure about.

sweet my car should pass i just need to do the brakes and tyres which im doing anyway so how much will it cost for cams licence and track access + any other fees? should i keep roughly $500 for the day to be safe?

Costs vary depending on the event. The local hillclimb is $75 for the day, motokhanas approx $30, Wakefield track days normally range from $110-$180, Bathurst (Mt Panorama) supersprints/hillclimbs $150-$160.

CAMS L2S is $95 a year

Club membership depends on the club.

$500 is plenty for L2S events, say if you did the next SDMA hillclimb, membership for $50 year (or $10 day), CAMS $95 (year), Entry fee $75 = $220 all up for your first event. Thereafter, it would only cost you $75

It only costs me $395 to do a full circuit event with IRACE (but thats a different licence and racing door to door/grid start)

Costs vary depending on the event. The local hillclimb is $75 for the day, motokhanas approx $30, Wakefield track days normally range from $110-$180, Bathurst (Mt Panorama) supersprints/hillclimbs $150-$160.

CAMS L2S is $95 a year

Club membership depends on the club.

$500 is plenty for L2S events, say if you did the next SDMA hillclimb, membership for $50 year (or $10 day), CAMS $95 (year), Entry fee $75 = $220 all up for your first event. Thereafter, it would only cost you $75

It only costs me $395 to do a full circuit event with IRACE (but thats a different licence and racing door to door/grid start)

So can i pay all the fees and sign up on the day? or do you need to do all before hand?

You'll need to pay the entry fee before the day... they fill up and you need to grab your spot! You pay this to whoever is organising the day SAU, Autosports etc...

When an event is being held, everything you need to know will be in that thread, so just follow the instructions to enter :P

Drift Days at Wakefield are normally empty. I think there is normally about 60 spots available. Last time there was only 11 cars.

With drifting, you only need a L2NS license. $45 cheaper than a L2S license :P.

Edited by StinkyPoo

With drifting, you only need a L2NS license. $45 cheaper than a L2S license :D .

But for an extra $50 you get the option of a LOT more events to attend - Speed events FTW :D

As with most "club days" if you attend an SAU track day or SDMA hillclimb day you can get your cams licence there on the day, but you have to enter and pay entry fees in advance for popular events, especially Mt Panorama, or you will miss a spot.

Well looks like my issue was a loose water pump pulley nut/screw. Now to replace my broken wheel stud, and try and get my stuck on hub ring off, have three street tires and 1 semi slick on the car atm, lol, still had fun.

sorry i haven't been on for bit i crashed my motorbike being an idot and haven't been near my pc. yeah i would love to get into drifting and racing i cant right now until my shoulder heals but when im all healed up ill come out and have some fun with you all :D thanks again ill get that license that allows me to do more events so if i want to i can.

Edited by R33Gtst Driver