SAU Community

Sandown Anzac Day - Saturday 25th April

Belsil80

And for people who do not believe street rwd cars can be quick. Nizpro built a 200SX that did a 1:18.6 8 years ago. Still registered that probably weighed near std becaue of the cage etc

LOL, many, many moons ago... from the Maserati website :banana:

At the sharp end of the field it was a bit of an arm wrestle between Mike Roddy in his Jaguar XJS and Simon Gischus in his spectacular Nissan 200SXR...

There were of course quite a number of good performances on the day. 911 GT2 and Greg Lovett (1.22.65) in the Porsche GT3 were closely matched and Ben Derks (1:23.31) in his Nissan GT-R was close behind.

A little further back in the field there were also some good performances....as did Ray Evans in his Nissan 200SX. Times recorded by John Kennedy in the Mitsubishi GTO...were also impressive.

Some familiar names there. Good to see 8 years on that ppl are still playing with cars :banana:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hang on ...300 at the treads and coil overs. So you are allowed a turbo upgrade (two of them) with ECU and exhaust with coil overs to go as fast as you are. But Tim in his GTSt isnt allowed a turbo upgrade and coil overs? :banana: You were also running better Federal tyres then what is on his car.

the point that i was making was you would need to spend more on a gts-t to get it to do a quick time.

for example, you want to run a 1.25 at sandown. you wouldnt have to spend anywhere near as much on a GTR as what would be needed to spend on a gts-t. mainly because the GTR's are already half way there in the performance from factory...

and what do you mean i was on "better" Federal tyres than Tim? how so? :banana:

And for people who do not believe street rwd cars can be quick. Nizpro built a 200SX that did a 1:18.6 8 years ago. Still registered that probably weighed near std becaue of the cage etc

LOL, many, many moons ago... from the Maserati website :banana:

Some familiar names there. Good to see 8 years on that ppl are still playing with cars :banana:

Awesome car... if only mine would be as quick one day!

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_107989/article.html

the point that i was making was you would need to spend more on a gts-t to get it to do a quick time.

for example, you want to run a 1.25 at sandown. you wouldnt have to spend anywhere near as much on a GTR as what would be needed to spend on a gts-t. mainly because the GTR's are already half way there in the performance from factory...

and what do you mean i was on "better" Federal tyres than Tim? how so? :banana:

LOL, its time to rev up more GTR drivers. :banana: When i have seen Tim run he has always had odd from to rear tyres that were nothing special. That may not have been the case, i just assumed so. I guessed when you posted that you ran Federal tyres that they were 595s which are good street tyres, people run them in the street class at Superlap,

I do agree, that an out of the box GTR with bolt on upgrades and coil overs with 250rwkws is a good thing. The only real downside is the inadequate brakes and how hot they run with coolant and oil temps. But they are quick things...didnt Scotsman do a high 1:21 or something with nothing too crazy in the area of bolt ons and still std turbos? That is my target, i hope to be able to do about the same times as a well sorted std turbo/engine GTR in a GTSt with about the same power, ie 250-260rwkws. I am hoping that the low speed traction advantage of the GTR equals out with the better power to weight of the GTSt and better braking and corner speed

I will add that my GTSt did sub 25s with an adpator allowing me to run 324mm rotors, a used turbo setup, Power Fc with the usual exhaust, filter and cooler mods and with off the shelf Whiteline shocks and swaybars. It did a 1.23.1 to br exact using RE55s. So the difference in mods is really the turbo setup and intercooler, easily cheaper then the purcahse price difference between a GTR and GTSt.

LOL, i will defend the broken ass POS GTSt to the death :bunny: Until Aaron, Chris and JFK chime in with the times their near std GTRs did at Sandown and PI then i will go to my cot and have a cry :rofl:

Gah silly argument. GT-Rs and GTS-ts are so different in terms of weight and philosophy! Jack's right about just getting out there and having fun.

Still I'm only down to a 1:26.6 at sandown with 245rwkw reduced by some very average misfiring coil packs. I'm waiting for a drama free run, I can't seem to get one at sandown.

Gah silly argument. GT-Rs and GTS-ts are so different in terms of weight and philosophy! Jack's right about just getting out there and having fun.

There you go. I obviously cant say it better myself as i have been offling on for pages! :P Different cars that are both fun that can achieve similar end.

Thats the main word we are looking at hear, FUN. who cares what car you rock up. its great just to get out there and have a ball!

I was running ok streets at sandown, hankook fronts and used toyo proxies4 on rear.

Keen to see my times once i settle the rear , change a few suspention settings and get semis on there.

And if I cant nip at your pb bris I will be an unhappy boy.