SAU Community

Sandown Anzac Day - Saturday 25th April

Belsil80

Oh come on dude, no excuses. I'll be entering in a stock auto GT-T - we can be GT-T buddies. If you don't drive I'll be dissapointed.

lol Juliette i actually did start thinking about putting the car in but the following thigs are stopping me

fire extinguisher = have that but not installed so no biggy really

tires = dont want to run on the 19's and even if i did i have little to no tread at all for the rears and the fronts are a shocking cheapo brand so i dont trust them. will have better treads for the next rund

brakes = my front rotors are warped so under hard braking they shudder

clutch = slips under heavy load from 4000rpm up

so ye all this will be done for the next round if there will be so will do it then.

but still coming to spectate and take a heap of pics and vids :)

also if you have a helmet and long sleeve and all can you ride shot gun in a car on the track??? would love to get some incar footage plus be good time to learn some things on the track while watching one of your guys drive.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also - the battery triangle - would I be able to use blue Painters Tape instead of duct or electrical tape? It won't hurt my paint and I have that at home.

as long as it sticks to the car, its blue, and you can make a triangle out of it, it'l be fine :)

hmm... i could be wrong. i havent done DT myself before. i just thought that as it was training, its not a part of the official timming.

but now i dont know... :ninja:

well I sent off my app for regular lass anyhow.

Just do what I did at HH and gradually increase speeds and stay within my comfort zone.

should be fun

so you could use a magnet?

something like http://www.magnet-eze.com.au/product/fastm...ic_sheeting.htm.

as long as it sticks to the car, its blue, and you can make a triangle out of it, it'l be fine ;)

+1 for slow group :)

Hmm ok

well no point going if I don't get lap times

soo slow group it is

fun and games for all

Would anyone be offended if I rocked up in my stock line? Can I please be placed in the really, really slow pack?

Edit: just had a read. So I'll need a fire extinguisher, secondary bonnet catch and battery triangle - am I missing anything? :down:

so you could use a magnet?

something like http://www.magnet-eze.com.au/product/fastm...ic_sheeting.htm.

you could, but i wouldnt. if the wind catches it, it will take off.

if you want you can usually pick up the proper blue triangle stickers from any good race suplies outlet eg. concept racegear or merridian motorsports. they are $2... :P

can i just say that for all you begginer guys in stock cars

be fricken carefull breaks dont work after one hard lap thats number one cause even the slow groups are pretty dam fast

(the last "slow" group i was in was the SAU group and the other boys were doing like 1.30's 1.40's)

i ran my car and its not standard at all around the 230kw mark apart from breaks and cheapo tyres and after a lap i was worried.

but that was on a wet track so i was pretty much treating it like a drift day

anyway i ran like 1.50's and higher and now i know that stock breaks ect dont suit a race track at all

also driver training sucks they drive your car and try to teach you the "race lines"

who doesnt know how to take a corner fast????

most of you wont like the training and you learn more just driving and watching others fly past you at 200km+ per hour down the back straight anyway

just my 2 cents

ill probably come and have a look but i wont be entering my car

till ive done a few more tweaks and thats just so i can stay safe on that track

I won't be pushing it 100%. I've done Sandown a few times (not in the Skyline) so I certainly appreciate that it's heavy on brakes. Plus my car's stock as a rock and average Jap street tyres aren't really going to help my cause :P

also driver training sucks they drive your car and try to teach you the "race lines"

who doesnt know how to take a corner fast????

LOL, really? I have done driver training plenty of times and i always learn something from people teaching me. Its like a golf coach, we all know how we should be swinging the club, but the faults are only obvious to those watching.

I will also add i have been in the passenger seat a lot doing Driver Training and i can honestly say, whilst i am no pro instructor, i feel i have been able to help every person. What is scary is the number of people that have no clue how to brake and get back through the gears and get into a corner.