SAU Community

Sandown Anzac Day - Saturday 25th April

Belsil80

brisby, my car is so far from 22s its not funny. id love to know where 4 seconds is hiding... i can account for 2 secs max with the current set up. i will be back to give it a red hot go. Today was meant to be about shaking the car down and giving Mick some seat time so effectively i had one session with 2 clear flying laps.. i also had a whole session of datsuns and rexs spinning in front of me..

im much more keen to get back to PI to smash out a time there... corners ftw!

Well done Dean with the 1.22. nearly had a RWD on top of the list for a change.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dean Taylor did a 1:22.0!!!!!!

Thats an awesome effort.

BBGTR was looking very strong out of the last corner, and boy does she let out some flames.....

Thats awesome! Good work Dean, i was starting to think that i was insane for thinking more of the later model rwd boys should be up in the 22 bracket! The Datsun boys are flying too these days :)

Deano well done for smashing ou a 1.22 flat. That is an amazing effort. Raising the bar for late models RWD Nissans.

Its shit like that that helps Bris and I sleep at night.

Peace

Some Footage

Session 2 - 1.21.9 lap -

Session 3 - Red Flagged :w00t:

Session 4 -

Session 5 - Short - Memory card was full - didn't empty it from the last session

Session 6 - Didn't bother with camera - did fastest lap of the day 1.21.5 :P

Hey guys thanks for the kind words

Car was good- suspension upgrade helped.. I cant believe a didnt play with it or change it after owning the car for 5 years!!

definately more time in it currently- i think another second.. getting close to teens!!

Dean

I had a great time yesterday.

Was SOOO thankfull that the rain held off all day .

sorry to see Chris' car had engine dramas, hope its nothing to major.

Highlight was the run where I was chasing mick in ryans car. SO nearly had him at turn one ( he locked up big time lol)

Just struggled on 3 or 4 tight corners to get lateral grip. Was very entertaining though.

Had a major moment and dandy kink. pushing a lil hard only me and Wayne- Rchoo will know how much of a moment it was lol.

BRIS best for the day was 1.28.5. Not sure how to get to 22s , 24s is reachable with tyres and a few other lil adjustments,

Here is a pic my lil bro took just before lunch.

post-22171-1240754753_thumb.jpg

Cheers Guys see you all at Deca

With the same turbo setup and brake setup your car can definitely do a 1:22, i dont know what you have with regards to suspension but my old Bilsteins were not anything great so.... you need to bin the 18s and go lighter 17s with decent rubber :(

I am mega pumped and catn wait to get back behind the wheel later this year. LOL i bet my car will be slower with all the new mods :(

Brian track days require 2 balls... and i hadn't been off yet so thought it was about time. I had a great day, dipped into the 1:26s for the first time, was trying to go quicker than the Sil80 coz that always makes for a bit of fun but little mistakes cost me. And i have less power so i guess it was expected there.

As for the 1:22's there is a big difference at sandown between a car like the brisby mobile that has 260rwkw and the suspect 220rwkws sil80. I'd say thats a good number of seconds right there.

Twas a great day with no rain coming in the end, started to be able to pick off a few of the faster wrx's in my group too which is always fun.

Bad luck to Chris stacey too, hope it turns out ok.

what ever happened to the days when group 1 was full of rediculously quick gtr's and getting into a track day meant you had to enter as soon as the forms came out!?

what are the hsccv days like? i'm addicted now

I think you might want to upgrade your brake pads and fluid before going to the next one,

those brakes were overheating in 2 flying laps

what ever happened to the days when group 1 was full of rediculously quick gtr's and getting into a track day meant you had to enter as soon as the forms came out!?

Combination of the GFC, Targa and softness on the account of the rest..... :D

As for the 1:22's there is a big difference at sandown between a car like the brisby mobile that has 260rwkw and the suspect 220rwkws sil80. I'd say thats a good number of seconds right there.

Yeh, Sandown is all about grunt. But my 23.1 was with 230-235rwkws as i was only running 15psi. At PI i used 18-19psi to do the 52 flat. So i did a 25.2 at Sandown with my old ICE tune and the 10cm housing which was a laggier 222rwkws. I ran Dutton / Sandown with 260 and went slower at 1:24.2 or something :D Not posting to fly flags, simply pointing out that i think Ryan needs to throw his car on the dyno and get the tune looked at, i suspect its simply not making the power it should.

As others have said, power rules at Vic tracks, Sandown being the most obvious example, lol probably the reason i like it... :P