SAU Community

Sandown Anzac Day - Saturday 25th April

Belsil80

Great pic tim. Where is that on the track?

Love your signiture re sandown lap times Ryan haha.

i cant see all of his sig. please tell me of this hilarity :D

This is yet another cracked rotor... dont tell rowdy... it was his :P im pretty sure it had a hard life at some stage because it was warmed up very slowly and had a massive cool off period and cracked 10 minutes after the car had stopped...

25042009705.jpg

And thanks again Jack... Turned up at the right time ;)

25042009707.jpg

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a major moment and dandy kink. pushing a lil hard only me and Wayne- Rchoo will know how much of a moment it was lol.

Yep.. A major moment is what i would of called it to. But ya did well to catch it.. ;)

That reminds me and of another silver 32 that when past me and Mav having a major moment. :D Hey Bris...

What pads ryan?

Ive had front disks crack as well without rym or reason. Usally been DBA ones though and they crack along the slot.

Also what pads in the rear. Ive heard that under brakeing the rear puts strain on the front which can leed to cracking.

Wayne - I forgot to tell you what happened, I saw you put your hands up as if to ask what happened as I drove past in the afternoon with the rescue fourby behind. You didn't see me after the practice sessions as I came off in the first session on the first lap on the first corner and my car was just parked on the infield for the rest of the day until we could retrieve it. I came off in style haha. She's all fixed now (tyres reseated on rims, wheel balance and wheel alignment.)

How embarrassment.

Brisby, i always find it interesting comparing drivers and times and their cars tho. I agree the 180 could be going quicker, it really didn't seem to have much go coming onto the main straight but i would be very surprised to see it into the 22's in its current form.

The thing that always gets me is that i often go and watch Improved production as i have a few mates who run in the category. They seem to have less power, less tyres, simpler suspension and smaller brakes but still do fast times. EG early rx7's with carby fed 13B engines on 185 60 14 tyres getting around the island in 1:48s! A friend of mine has a datsun 1600 and has a turbo smaller than ryans, with a 36mm restrictor in front of it running around on 195 50 15s and gets around the power track that is sandown in 1:20 flat. I don't get it, i'm sure they are good steerers but so is mr bell.

Yeah there was a guy called Ryan Brown at superlap in an early RX7 doing 1:15's with like 185 tyres when some super quick evo's with 400kw's were only running 1:14's! It's a NSW improved production car so it's carby 13B.

What pads ryan?

Ive had front disks crack as well without rym or reason. Usally been DBA ones though and they crack along the slot.

Also what pads in the rear. Ive heard that under brakeing the rear puts strain on the front which can leed to cracking.

hehe funny you ask. if i remember right there was a set of endless and some hawks.. as they had been through a heat cycle i couldnt tell which was which. do you remember what you used last because they were still in the calipers?

the mu's cracked in the same way after a deca which makes no sense at all, they never got hot there. I have no idea about the history of the ones that just cracked, they were a temporary fix that stayed on for sandown. They werent the best looking rotors to begin with...

you may be onto something with the rears though, they arent anything special and seem to be lasting a fair while..

As for the ipra cars and their crazy times im still not sure what it is thats getting them round so quickly. im 99% a huge portian of that time comes down to geometry. its about time we did a test day at winton with a string kit and a temp gun. im sure there is a ton of time to be had there. Im interested to see what power can be made with a 36mm restrictor and unlimited boost also... i think we need to get cams 1600 on a real dyno.

Check out this restricted SR20. Stil makes ~200rwkw so it's not like they are gutless. Plus they will generally make more midrange because they pump heaps of boost into them for torque to compensate for the lack of top end. They then mate them to long diff ratios to compensate for the lack of revs.

post-41244-1240835937_thumb.jpg

Bris . Wheels - and Tyres are definates , just need the cash , light weight 17s coming in the midish future lol .

Russman , that pic was taking coming onto the straight. Lil bro does some good work on the camera.

Ryan : Sig dont fit properly due to SAUs sig line limit

Also your car pulls hard for 220rwkw , I was pushing to catch mick on the straights and it was only in the last few hundred metres that I was catching him . Your car has some good speed to it .

BBGTR, your car is crazy , I want your motor and brakes and wheels and tread, You snapped me up under brakes big time , I was very impressed. Tuff car .

Also just a reminder to all that Jack is a TOP BLOKE . City Wide Towing Use him next time you need a tow.

BBGTR, your car is crazy , I want your motor and brakes and wheels and tread, You snapped me up under brakes big time , I was very impressed. Tuff car .

Well I need to get it down to Mick to get some Aerocatch's fitted to the bonnet b4 the May 31 PIARC. Don't steal any shit off it while it's there!!!!! :down:

I am with you Lee. Half the fun for me is looking around and seeing what makes cars quick etc. Some people think its me hanging shit or what not, its not. To me its trying to work out the package and what you can easily do to bridge the difference is what i fnd real appealing/interesting.

Rather then look at Improved Prod etc i tend to look at things like Brute Utes, they are more indicative along woth Prod Cars of what i think i should be able to match. Its pretty difficult to match a 850kg car with 180rwkws, (RX7) as its not just the acceleration, its the braking and corner speed that is difficult to match in a road car that weights 1350kgs with driver.

I cant recall, but i think Brute Utes did 1:24s at Sandown when i first moved down, which is mostly the reason i was confident i could get below a 1:24s.

Not saying this is always the case, but i thnk if people used 3rd gear instead of 2nd, 4th gears instead of 3rd for about 4 laps they will find their lap times would drop because it makes braking easier when you are going back through less gears, the car isnt so sensitive to throttle when in the corner, you tend to row through the corner quicker. It may not work, but people laugh at the fact i use 4th gear for turn 1 at Sandown, but turn 1 thru 4 is where my car is strong. I do turn 2 & 3 in 3rd and also 4th onto the back straight. So may not work for other cars but i suggest people at least give it a try.

Other then that i got nothing, there is a reason why when you take me to a place like PI why the gap back to Ryan etc all closes to within only 1-2 seconds :down:

Sorry Leigh, just read my post and think i spelt your name wrong. I just watched my vid again of the 1:23.1 and it is a long way from being a clean smooth lap. The car was a handful and i kind of enjoy the ride too much to smooth it out (plus there were other issues brewing)

That first lap was a 1:23.1. It is making decent time up and down the straights, but you would need to play it side by sde with Ryans vids. I only have a 160rwks vid of Ryans car and it is painful how slow it is in a straight line. If you guys have vid footage to play side by side, start them both at the same point and see what the relative pace of the cars is in a straight line.

Could be interesting. :P

And different days, so different grip levels, but if you start my vid above at about 4 seconds and BBGTRs

at 3.21 then you can see that there isnt a massive amount in it.

Up to turn 4 i could be a tad quicker, but pretty even. On the back straight he pulls a tad on me, but nothing really, but over the back he slaughters me and is so much more confident up through the kink and into the braking area. I think he pulls a second there. So if i can just get my car settled a bit more under brakes and through there then there could be high 1:21s in it for me...lol some more power has never hurt either :)

So we may not hahe GTR power but you have to remember that with fuel, fluids and driver the GTR is probably about 1630kgs, the GTSt and S13 would not be any more then 1380kgs. So thats 3 passengers :down: