SAU Community

Wheels For Street Spec

handbrake

I realise there is an old thread from last year on this but thought a revival was worthy now the cars are out in more numbers.

Plenty of focus has been on track wheels/tyres and rightly so.

Me though, I can't help myself, I am going to get some new wheels for street use. Will keep the original set for prosperity or track (I know - track tyres at 20 inch are expensive and scarce at the moment but realistically I wont be tracking this car more than a few times per year and not for a few months yet)

Now having seen the car in person, darker wheels really seem to suite the car well. Some serious dish may need to be considered too.

Sure the 20 inch stock Rays are ok but I love to mod. I cant remember the last car I had that kept the stock wheels for more than a few minutes.

The edgy shape of the car I think begs for a modern play on a classic design. No chrome or ricer styling need apply!

Everyone knows the likes of the BBS LM, TE37 G2's, R57GT (think Zele) and GT30's and Kris has blogged plenty on wheels over at GTRBlog from SEMA and TAS.

Anyone else getting twitchy for some new shoes for their baby too? Please share your thoughts/pics.

Edited by handbrake

Sell her. They look great.

If possible, more dish :D

2.5 inch dish up front, 4.5 inch dish out back not enough for you? oh wait let me guess, you want all 6 inches? :(

The gloss black lip (i think thats a silver pinstripe) hides a bit of the dish I think

Edited by handbrake

lol, no not really - i had "big" front and rear dish on an r32 :P

Have you been looking on US and UK forums aswel for wheel choice? They're a few steps ahead of us as they've had the cars for a bit longer officially

On your GTR, i personally think some matt black wheels would make it look 100% sexy

lol, no not really - i had "big" front and rear dish on an r32 :)

Have you been looking on US and UK forums aswel for wheel choice? They're a few steps ahead of us as they've had the cars for a bit longer officially

On your GTR, i personally think some matt black wheels would make it look 100% sexy

These wheels are on a car from Miami Florida. You would not believe the forums I have trolled and sites i have searched for the right wheel.

I have noticed older GTR's can handle more lip up front!

Keen to see what others are doing or have liked. I have been searching since putting order in 6 months ago!

Edited by handbrake

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a set of these. will post pics in about 2-3 weeks when on the car (shipping from states next week apparently). they are HRE 590R satin charcoal/polished lip as in pic.

Anyone had issues when fitting alternate wheels with ecu warnings / errors? I know a few guys have had track wheels on these so I assume no problems.

I have heard all you need do is fit the TPMS and replace the wheels with the car electrics off.

Advice re best pice/place to buy an esxtra set of TPMS sensors locally? have sourced a reliable ebay seller with them for 50 US each.

post-56949-1240662480_thumb.jpg

post-56949-1240662491_thumb.jpg

Ordered a set of these. will post pics in about 2-3 weeks when on the car (shipping from states next week apparently). they are HRE 590R satin charcoal/polished lip as in pic.

Anyone had issues when fitting alternate wheels with ecu warnings / errors? I know a few guys have had track wheels on these so I assume no problems.

I have heard all you need do is fit the TPMS and replace the wheels with the car electrics off.

Advice re best pice/place to buy an esxtra set of TPMS sensors locally? have sourced a reliable ebay seller with them for 50 US each.

They look awesome, you can also get them with CF rim section so a 2-piece... alot dearer ofcourse!!

great choice! =)

should've bought it with ya !!!

they look sensational. what sizes offsets, and how big are the tyres you're going with?

20 x 9.5 front and 20 x 11 ET15 rear

will double check offsets, posting from iphone and dont have email invoice with full specs. cant remember offsets but they are 2.5 inch lip front and 4.5 inch lip rear.

standard tyres to go on (yes it is safe if done by someone who knows how)

spending some money on a track wheel and tyre setup when I can make my mind up which way to go.

keeping stock wheels for prosperity.

Thanks Hypnotik, unfortunately they need to be the premium wheels (my hands are tied) but fortunately I am in no real rush. If nothing turns up in the next month or so I will just grab a set when I am in JP/US next. There seem to be an endless supply there. Would be nice to keep it local though.

have you thought about HRE wheels? it's rather expensive but i think it will look good on GTR, a little bit European touch doesn't harm ey...

http://www.hrewheels.com/

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/202757...d368c8971_o.jpg

http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/...atinBlack19.jpg

GTR 35 with HRE P40 Monoblock

http://www.vividracing.com/blog/announcing...noblock-wheels/

The factory rim have serations on the inside of the rim stop the tyre slipping on the rim, just something to think about when changing rims.

yes have looked into this. HRE and US owners have reported no problem with street use and this tyre without the knurled rims. These wheels are not for tracking.