SAU Community

I Went To See Fast And Furious Last Night

and it was sik!!!

They did try to include everyone this time around including the late Hans. The first race scene will put a big smile on all of your faces and then make you cry afterwards. A lot of reference to the first movie so you feel right at home. They've also improved on the cars they used this time around, so none of your typical american rice rocket civics and intergras. This time around, they are using Mustangs, V35s, BMW E39 and limited appearacen of an NSX along with some nice american muscles that I don't know the names of. I did think Subaru must have paid them handsomely to have their car included in the movie because there's no way, anyone would've chosen the new WRX. It totally lacked the presence onscreen. The R34 is still as bad ass as ever, one look and it's like I'm a teenager falling in love with it all over again, that car will NEVER get old.

So yeah, hopefully it comes out on DVD soon, or BlueRay coz I just gotta watch it again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see this on Thursday!!

I was reading the latest Autosalon mag yesterday where they interviewed Vin. He did the cameo apperance in Toyko Drift for free! Good man.

Yeah ive seen it aswel. Its not as bad as the last 2.

Why do they feel the need to trash the skylines though? I just dont understand. Although pretty much everything gets trashed by the end - real "drivers" just dont do that to their cars.

Was NOT expecting the outcome from the second last scene though

Yeah only in movies are skylines built from scratch to a tuned monster (including running in new motor) in 24hours lol

Ha!

Yeah like 2F2F where if you watch the Prologue on the DVD where Brian buys a crummy looking R34 GTR sitting in the corner with a darkish green paint job, no spoiler and cob webs all over it.

Pays for a paint job and a GT spoiler and wins the 1st race and then buys an exhaust upgrade or whatever...

Yeah saw that one, funny how the ricer at the dealership has him infront of a civic trying to get him to buy that and he doesnt even look at it - just goes straight to the R34

Yea i remember in 2fast 2furious they killed Paul Walkers skyline in at the start of the movie then give him an EVO.

Evos are great but would have rather seen the movie the other way around with the skyline living and the Evo being killed off at the beginning.

Mitsubishi has a fair stake in the cars the'hero' driver drives 1: Walker has a Eclipse for the star 2: He is given a Evo and his mate Eclipse 3: The main guy is given a Evo...

Edited by JarRah

Paul Walker owns 2 R34 GTR's in real life :)

Yep +1

Got specs on them by any chance?

"2 Fast 2 Furious" Brian O'conner

1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

Engine: RB26DETT

Type: In-line six, iron block, aluminum head, twin turbocharged and intercooled

Internal Modifications: None

External Modifications: K&N Ram Air system, HKS Titanium Exhaust, Turbonetic Intercooler

Engine Management Mods: None

Drivetrain

Layout: Front engine, all-wheel drive

Drivetrain Modifications: Front driveshaft removed, Super HICAS disabled

Suspension

Front: JIC Magic shocks, Goldline springs

Rear: JIC Magic shocks, Goldline springs

Brakes

Front: Stop Tech brakes

Rear: Stop Tech brakes

Exterior

Wheels: HRE 446

Tires: Toyo 275/30ZR-19 (F/R)

Performance

Acceleration

Quarter Mile Time: 14.1 sec.

Quarter Mile Speed: 101.0 mph

0-30 mph: 2.6 sec.

0-60 mph: 6.0 sec.

30-50 mph: 2.1 sec.

50-70 mph: 2.9 sec.

Handling

Lateral Grip (200-ft skidpad):0.91 g

Braking

60-0 stopping distance: 127 ft.

Interior: Sparco harnesses, MOMO steering wheel, Clarion head unit with LCD TV screen, JBL amp, Infinity speakers

- http://www.modified.com/features/0307scc_1..._r34/index.html

Plus all the In Car Electronics (ICE) crap on the inside and neon crap on the outside with an ugly GT Wing and terrible looking decals.

Quote - "In that "2F2F" alternate universe, that means this car rockets to 60 mph in just 4.1 seconds, consumes the quarter-mile in 12.1 seconds and has a top speed of 180 mph. Back on the actual planet Earth, the performance is still strong, but not quite as strong as fresher, intact R34s we've driven."

Quote - With Josh Jacquot doing his suave Paul Walker imitation, the Skyline, which is bone stock under the hood, groped its way through the quarter in 14.1 seconds at 101 mph--the third quickest car of the six included in this movie car test. With 22,254 km (13,797 miles) on its odometer, this car wasn't old, but it definitely had been beaten up pretty determinedly.

Power output seemed down from other R34s, but a direct comparison is tough since the other R34s had the advantage of all-wheel-drive launches and didn't need a feathery throttle down the track.

This car literally smoked its rear tires on every 1-2 upshift, which was cool to watch but certainly added time to each run. Its performance is also sabotaged by its big diameter wheels and the added heft of all the add-ons. The last stock R34 we drove hit 60 mph in just 5.07 seconds and crushed the quarter mile in 13.3 seconds at 103.7 mph.

Quote - "The lack of AWD and 4WS knocked the movie Skyline's performance to 0.91g on the skidpad, although we expected worse. The missing front differentials made the car much easier to drift, which is of course, the point, and we have to admit the car looked great doing it."

Basically the car was thrashed during the filming of the movie.

Also the review did not add up to the specs and they explain why...

really???? how nice would it be to be able to afford that!!

LOL!

Yeah but there are a lot better R34 GTR out there tho...

Yea i remember in 2fast 2furious they killed Paul Walkers skyline in at the start of the movie then give him an EVO.

Evos are great but would have rather seen the movie the other way around with the skyline living and the Evo being killed off at the beginning.

Mitsubishi has a fair stake in the cars the'hero' driver drives 1: Walker has a Eclipse for the star 2: He is given a Evo and his mate Eclipse 3: The main guy is given a Evo...

I think Mitsubishi rather "GIVE" the car to the ppl encharge of casting the cars in the film to get their name out and do a bit of promoting...

If not they probably Pay big money for the car to be in the film...

Got specs on them by any chance?

This is from Auto Salon.

ASM: Back in 2001 you came to Sydney for the premier of the original The Fast and The Furious movie. Some of us from Auto Salon showed you the car scene here and sourced some Nismo parts for your R34. Do you still own the car and have you done anything else to it?

PW: Yeah i still have that one, that's the white one. And then O.S. Giken set me up with a bunch of stuff for another R34 V-Spec, Sonic Silver, Tomei gear, full roll cage, sequential, everything. It's not quite done yet. So i have one for the track and one for sreet.

He also talks about his Porches that he owns and talks about his car company he is partners in called AE (Automotive Enthusiasts) previously known as Autobahn Exotics. Was a really good article to read. The interview with Vin Diesel was good aswell.