SAU Community

Adm R35 Gtr - What The Car Did Not Come With....but...

Gibbo_R35

I've put my Tom Tom in the same place as Jeff - it also means I can now have the GPS on and still see the MFD functions.

It's no big deal.

The car as a car is amazing and I can live without a built in Sat Nav, auto headlights (I just leave mine on as they switch off as soon as the car is off), auto wipers and an SD card slot. I will try and get an iPod hooked up but if I can't I can live with playing MP3 cd's.

Anyone who needs the above things doesn't get what this car is about so really shouldn't buy one anyways as it's the wrong car for you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell.............. I don't give a rat's arse about GPS............. I can find my way to any race track i need to visit

I just want my car..........was suppose to get it tomorrow :woot::D

However, the only 2 mechanic's that can work on it have been off sick yesterday and today :ermm:

So now it is Friday afternoon (if I am lucky)............

Oh well nothing like a 2 hour drove home in peak hour traffic to test out this amazing car :D:)

Cheers

Mark

Agree with both of the above.

although I am looking at solutions to some of the things listed, I am more than happy with it as it is stock. 2 weeks post delivery and I am if anything more amazed with the car than ever.

I had every gadget in my last car (540i) and only ever really used the bluetooth, and this bluetooth $h#ts all over it anyway!

Mark,

I think you will enjoy the drive home from the goldie even if you are stationary most of the time. will give the northern coasties something to gawk at.

although I am looking at solutions to some of the things listed, I am more than happy with it as it is stock. 2 weeks post delivery and I am if anything more amazed with the car than ever.

I had every gadget in my last car (540i) and only ever really used the bluetooth, and this bluetooth $h#ts all over it anyway!

Mark,

I think you will enjoy the drive home from the goldie even if you are stationary most of the time. will give the northern coasties something to gawk at.

Yep...too easy getting points as it is.....Bluetooth was a must....

you guys are bastards

so envious

man, Ive spent around 120k on my knees, that cash could have been my morgage paid out plus a GTR on finance......

now Im in insane pain being 201cm tall and no patella's. On disability pension as of this year; cant afford to buy a 24mm socket to take off my blown (oil seal) turbo in the stagea

stop grouching about satnav, thats crazy talk, enjoy the GTR for what it is. a Nissan GTR 38tt, supercar.

Mark,

Yeah I know............. gonna stop at a mates place in Sanctuary Cove to have a bite to eat and head off later so i can give it a squirt on the way hame (nothing above 110 of course :P ).

BTW I spoke to Maroochy Car Sound about a rear view camera and they quoted me $1,349 (does that sound fair) with an RGB converter, camera (hi res hi angle) and fitting.

For the things it lacks the GTR is still an awesome car. The acceleration and sheer fun of this package make you forget the small things that are omitted. I picked up a Navman S200 and mounted it under the CD player. The section there is big enough and shaded enough to fit and view the S200 perfectly. You can run the power cable under the middle console so that you can not see it and into the power outlet in the middle console itself, alternatively you can just run it beside your seat. Using the front power outlet made it look unsightly.

Other than that, I am just waiting on getting the reversing camera pricing and I will be a happy chap.

However if anyone finds a way to activate the GPS on the ADM cars please let me know.

Cheers,

Jeff

mapping will still be an issue - unless you can find out what engine the USDM and JDM units run. the new clarion is IGO and Navteq based. this thing *should* be similar.

as for turning it on - consult 3 or a hardware swap I figure.

Yeah I know............. gonna stop at a mates place in Sanctuary Cove to have a bite to eat and head off later so i can give it a squirt on the way hame (nothing above 110 of course :P ).

BTW I spoke to Maroochy Car Sound about a rear view camera and they quoted me $1,349 (does that sound fair) with an RGB converter, camera (hi res hi angle) and fitting.

by the time they tear it down do teh fitting and bits - its close. as it sits now with marks car thats close to what it works out doing it aftermarket. I'm still looking at the OEM idea more closely.

Edited by Chris Rogers

2 MORE SLEEPS AND I WILL FINALLY HAVE MINE :):)

2pm Friday and did I mention I am excited.

BTW has anyone looked into/had thier windows tinted?

Also i love good quality music in my cars, what are everyone's thought's on the OEM sound system

Cheers

Mark

My thoughts are the OEM system should have been better.

I got the "premium audio" package in the Mrs VW and that is a kick ass sound system - I was expecting the GT-R's premium one to be similar but its lacking in depth and the music box thing is a PITA to use unless you are someone that just likes to listen to normal cd's and and doesn't want to manually change discs.

It's back to burning MP3 cd's for me now - or just listening to the radio.

I got the "premium audio" package in the Mrs VW and that is a kick ass sound system - I was expecting the GT-R's premium one to be similar but its lacking in depth and the music box thing is a PITA to use unless you are someone that just likes to listen to normal cd's and and doesn't want to manually change discs.

Sigh............ mines the "premium package" as well. Oh well might have to steal my "eclipse gear" from the rex

I have actually found the system to be great, I adjusted the treble and bass and then started ripping disks to the music box. I have programed my music to the styles that I like and just have it mix the music.

2 MORE SLEEPS AND I WILL FINALLY HAVE MINE :D:)

2pm Friday and did I mention I am excited.

BTW has anyone looked into/had thier windows tinted?

Also i love good quality music in my cars, what are everyone's thought's on the OEM sound system

Cheers

Mark

All sweet if you got the premium PKG......you will love it. :D

nissan aus now looking at sourcing and supplying JDM rear camera and kit with instructions, not fully over the line yet but here's hoping.

also now pressing them on ipod/mp3 download and satnav options.

yep they told me the same thing. that was until I told them the part numbers and what I really wanted was a FSM- to which I got a resounding no. that manual lives in MLB btw. the dealers request a section at a time

thing being they may source the $1500 kit but its not a guaranteed fit into the electrics of the local car. thats he whole point of what I'm trying to acheive.

Edited by Chris Rogers

Well after around 3 hours behind the wheel I already formed the following thoughts.............

Sound System (premium) while not disappionting, is still not worth the extra money. :ermm::ermm::ermm:

Suspension is much softer than i thought (compared to my rex anyway)

Dunno how I am gonna get a helmet on for track use (I am 6'3").

That's about it for the downside so far............

BUT THE CAR........................

BLOODY AWESOME :):);):banana:

Anyway I can hear it calling me :D:D

Cyas

Mark

Edited by Wild Thing

• 4 weeks later...
if you use an iphone, this belkin unit fits nicely next to the wheel using the dash cig lighter.

I've used one of these FM radio transmitters before on an IPOD in my other car. The quality was not good at all since having to go through a bad FM band or something.

Is this Belkin unit give REALLY good quality or do you notice a noticeable drop in quality over a normal song playing off your music box?

I've used one of these FM radio transmitters before on an IPOD in my other car. The quality was not good at all since having to go through a bad FM band or something.

Is this Belkin unit give REALLY good quality or do you notice a noticeable drop in quality over a normal song playing off your music box?

I only use it to charge the phone and hold it where I can use it. not for music. essentially a $89 dollar charger and stand, I have uploaded my music via the very tedious CD upload option