SAU Community

Front Facing Plenum Advice

K-LESS

Hey All

I own a 1996 Skyline R33 Gts25t S2 and recently just discovered the part where the top radiator hose connects to on the inlet manifold has broken away so was thinking about replacing the intake manifold to a front facing one. Does any one know if they require dyno tuning as I hear some plenums lean out the no 6 cylinder. Also does any one have any experience with the advance torque motersport front facing plenums? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Kailaas

I would advise re tuning as it does change alot of things, it takes about a metre of intercooler piping out of the equation

Haven't come across those plenums but a friend of mine used the plazmaman plenum and it came up sweet

Yeah I was looking at the plazmaman ones and would have most probably got one of those ones if the part where the radiator hose connects to wasnt broken. As for getting it fixed im not to sure as how to get the plenum of the car as most guys will only fix it if I remove the plenum :S

dont get the one you suggested. i just looked at there website and there nothing more than a new bit of metal welded onto what looks like a very poor copy of a greddy inlet thats had the end bit cut off. also they say you will have to mod the thermostat housing. crap design if you have to do that. also the plazman still uses the oem lower half. if you need and must have a new inlet get a ku enginering one and your car will need a remap after it.

dont get the one you suggested. i just looked at there website and there nothing more than a new bit of metal welded onto what looks like a very poor copy of a greddy inlet thats had the end bit cut off. also they say you will have to mod the thermostat housing. crap design if you have to do that. also the plazman still uses the oem lower half. if you need and must have a new inlet get a ku enginering one and your car will need a remap after it.

Thanks for your help. Where can I find a ku enginering inlet? I just had a breif look on google but could not find anything.

Cheers

The ku ones are a huge task to fit....

• need to be faced (they bend like a banana so u wont be able to do them up without having a leak)
  • sensor provisions on coolant outlet need to be re-routed else they hit against sensor
  • coolant apparatus need to be modified
  • thermostat housing needs to be modified
  • longer accelerator cable is needed(front r31 skyline will do the trick)

You will need a retune for sure, expect better off boost response and also more mid range and top end power

hah, you guys should see the monstrosity i'm rocking in my hcr32.. it was custom built and apparently engineered using some air dynamics program and trumpeting inside (i don't know if i believe them a 100%) but regardless, its massive, i got rid of a ton of piping and i've got tons of torque and low end comparatively speaking. besides, its an rb20.

Truly a monstrosity though.. :)

Edited by Paradis v.1

Sounds like alot of work. Sounds like might just have to save up for a computer and get a RIPS or a Genuine Greddy Intake Manifold.

Pretty sure the stock manifold can support more power than the internals can handle. However if you have one of those Chinese intercooler setups then you will benefit from the reduced intercooler piping.

If you don't have a front mount yet get greddy/trust one that plumbs straight up to you factory piping.

[edit] ah just read it has to be taken off to be fix, K-LESS talk to http://www.boostedperformance.co.nz/,

they use to do these installed for $700

1.JPG

Edited by daxter

Pretty sure the stock manifold can support more power than the internals can handle. However if you have one of those Chinese intercooler setups then you will benefit from the reduced intercooler piping.

If you don't have a front mount yet get greddy/trust one that plumbs straight up to you factory piping.

[edit] ah just read it has to be taken off to be fix, K-LESS talk to http://www.boostedperformance.co.nz/,

they use to do these installed for $700

1.JPG

Hey Daxter. The picture of the plenum you have showed me still retains the factory intake runners. The part that comes of the factory intake runners which the top radiator hose connects to is broken so I am trying to find one that replaces the whole set up with out having the problems of running lean etc.

My car is pretty much standard just got the basic things. Full 3 inch Exausht, Front Mounted Intercooler, Apexi POD Filter, and a Tial External 38mm Waste Gate with a 0.8 bar spring but for some reason only still run 9 psi lol. Am tryna aim at geting 220 - 230kw at the wheels and get used to that before I aim for 250 - 300rwkw.

Cheers

Sounds like alot of work. Sounds like might just have to save up for a computer and get a RIPS or a Genuine Greddy Intake Manifold.

ya, the guy was planning to do a line of them in canada, built many off the model of his couple, but then his business went to hell, lost interest, etc etc. so i got it for a great deal. looks very boxy and odd though