SAU Community

Looking For A Distributor And/or Ignition Module Mr30 L24e

Hi,

I'm looking for a distributor for an '83 Skyline. Have tried various local wreckers (Melbourne SE suburbs) without any success.

Details are: Nissan Skyline 2.4E

Model:8/83 MR30

Engine: L24 fuel injected 

Distributor: D6K8-02 9903

22100 P7 101

Ignition module: E12-80

cheers,

JohnH

I would assume any L24E Auto dizzy would work, I know it's the case in reverse.

66yostagea had a similar problem & I gave him a auto dizzy and he couldn't get it to work, but when replaced with an manual, his problems sorta just went away.

Cheers, D

I would assume any L24E Auto dizzy would work, I know it's the case in reverse.

66yostagea had a similar problem & I gave him a auto dizzy and he couldn't get it to work, but when replaced with an manual, his problems sorta just went away.

Cheers, D

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I haven't been able to find one (manual or auto).

John 

I have a manual dizzy, but that's no good to you.

I'll call Queensland tomorrow and see if he has one up there still.

Cheers, D

Many thanks...

JohnH

John,

I have an AUTO dizzy leaving Brisvegas to me today. It doesn't have a rotor button & could have a suspect vacuum advance diaphram, but it's FREE other than postage from me to you.

Best I can do on short notice.

Another place you can look is a couple of Pick A Parts in Canterbury Rd Montrose.

Cheers, Dennis

I have one - fully rebuilt with new ignitor. And I might have a spare un-rebuilt one. But my R30 is a manual.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I assume, from GR's response that it won't work but, just in case, do these numbers happen to match?

Distributor: D6K8-02 9903

22100 P7 101

Ignition module: E12-80

I might also need a rotor button and the distributor cap. Where are you in Melb? I'm in Wheelers Hill (Glen Waverley). PM a response if you prefer.

regards,

JohnH

Edited by jrh001

John,

I have an AUTO dizzy leaving Brisvegas to me today. It doesn't have a rotor button & could have a suspect vacuum advance diaphram, but it's FREE other than postage from me to you.

Best I can do on short notice.

Another place you can look is a couple of Pick A Parts in Canterbury Rd Montrose.

Cheers, Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the fabulous service. Pls let me know when you're ready and I'll PM my details. You can also PM about payment.

Fortunately, the Skyline is only my reserve car (mostly driven on Sundays!).

regards,

JohnH

I used to be in Glen Waverley! Now I'm in Tarneit (Hoppers Crossing North), work in the city.

I'm not so sure about the transmission-specific nature of ther dizzy. I recall, while I was waiting for the rebuild, I grabbed one from a wrecker - I don't recall them asking if it was for a manual or auto.

I used to be in Glen Waverley! Now I'm in Tarneit (Hoppers Crossing North), work in the city.

I'm not so sure about the transmission-specific nature of ther dizzy. I recall, while I was waiting for the rebuild, I grabbed one from a wrecker - I don't recall them asking if it was for a manual or auto.

Hi,

I work in the city too...  Getting the distributor reconditioned is another option. I've been quoted $200+ by a place in Nunawading.

I assume you're using the reco distributor in your car, or is it a spare?

cheers,

JohnH

Nissan P/N - 22100 S6701 (D6K9-042X04).

Ign Module = E12-80.

And it has a rotor button and cap.

Don't have a use for it now, as I have installed a L20ET with a Wolf 3D.

(can't immediately find the "spare", assuming I do have one - still trying to sort out after moving houses.)

Nissan P/N - 22100 S6701 (D6K9-042X04).

Ign Module = E12-80.

And it has a rotor button and cap.

Don't have a use for it now, as I have installed a L20ET with a Wolf 3D.

(can't immediately find the "spare", assuming I do have one - still trying to sort out after moving houses.)

Does it look similar to this one? D6K8 distributor

JohnH

• 2 weeks later...