SAU Community

South West Of Wa Run

Prefered Date for Quindanning run  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of you may have read that for ages we've been thinking of a run to some towns in the South West.

Of course we all have different ideas of what this should entail.

It also seems that it is difficult to suit everyone (actually read impossible).

So I am organising a run through Mandurah, Bunbury, Collie, and an overnight stay at Qunidanning Hotel (which has to be one of the quaintest hotels anywhere).

I am aiming for the 6th, 13th or 20th of June. Personally I am going to leave our daughter in Perth and make a little more romantic.

All the accomodation is in Double rooms. The run will be restricted to 16 people. Whether you bring a partner or not is up to you.

The accomodation cost is $70/two persons for Room and Continental Breakfast and $80 with cooked breakfasts.

$50 for a single person, and $60 for cooked breakfast option. You will still sleep in a double or Queen size bed regardless.

The 'Pub' part would rival any English pub, with good hospitality and a great log fire to boot.

Be aware there are NO SHOPS in Quindaning, just the Hotel, PO, and a couple of houses!

This would be a great place to have a few beers and tell a few yarns around the fire (or piano) before final orders and bed.

Check it out at http://www.quindanninghotel.com

We will come back through Dwellingup and Pinjarra on the Sunday, Probably stopping in Pinjarra for a bite on the way back.

I can promise some nice winding roads and great scenery.

I am going to leave this as a Stagea WA run, but if we can't get enough takers then I throw it open on the Skyline forum.

Please give me an indication of your interest.

Edited by Appealing

I will need to check the dates but for me it's pretty much a Saturday day only thing.. if it turns out I'm not working and there's no training on the Sunday, I should be able to do the overnighter.

We are IN like FLYNN!

we are free all 3 of the dates -

now- how can we assure we are going to get a room on the specified night?

Shall we book our room once we settle on dates?

I am not on here all that often so perhaps PM me or give me a call on the mobile if anything changes

sounds good and lotty seems keen as

We are IN like FLYNN!

we are free all 3 of the dates -

now- how can we assure we are going to get a room on the specified night?

Shall we book our room once we settle on dates?

I am not on here all that often so perhaps PM me or give me a call on the mobile if anything changes

sounds good and lotty seems keen as

Oh and John- Lotty works in Tourism and Hospiltality and told me to give you big thumbs up for planning this.

Yeah Sean we will have to pay as soon as I get the booking date sorted. (so that I don't get lumbered with 12 extra rooms for Iolanda & I)!!

Thanks for the support.

OOPS I just realised that I can't make it on the 20th & 21st :blink: ........I have an expo on.

So my preference is now 6-7th June.

Please note this is not for couples only, just for people who want to mix, and appreciate the country side, driving their Stagea and at the same time making a donation to the economy by burning fuel.

We will have numerous stops, (no doubt!) for Food, Fuel, and photos.

If you decide to bring children, that's your choice. I just want to make the driving a little easier, (and the get together at the pub), so that I don't have to keep hearing "are we there yet" etc.

I have tried to plan this as a break!

For some reason I cannot edit the post, and take out the dates! If a moderator can help here that'd be great.

Gee I really thought that people would get into this!

A chance to have a great cruise, do a bit of bonding in some nice locations!

Ha ha..... oh well, I guess that the majority of Stagea owners, bought them to be different and so most of us are indivualistic. Goes with the territory 'spose.

I'll give this a few more days and post it onto the main SAU page.

At least it looks like 2 Stagea's will be going........ the rest can sit at home an whinge about never having any meetings organised.

yeah.. I expected a bit more of a response too.

G`day Sean did you really,as seen so often it`s hard to get any one to get sorted as most don`t seem bothered,it`s dissapointing but that`s the way it`s is with are Fellow owner`s as i did say i would go but iam in to footy & we`er playing saturday`s so i pissed that i can`t get along :) ,but will look forward to JULY as it`s a great chance to give the Stagea a work out :wub: ,Not that i don`t do that any way :) ,BUT you can now give us the HEAD`S UP on what the hotel`s like & may be put another one together at later date :P ,LET`S HOPE WE CAN GET FEW MORE OUT & ABOUT ON NEXT DATE,cheer`s chuckie.

ROFLMAO :laughing-smiley-014: "but iam in to footy"....... now that's the understatement of the Century!!!

Yeah Charlie, I would have made it on a "bye" weekend (or is that a "bi")... but really I thought August was a tad too far, and the weather may not be as good....... but then you just never know.

Anyway plenty of other cruises....

Wow, sounds like some good fun on the horizon! I'm in. I'm just sorry i didn't see this sooner.

Thanks John for messaging me about this, I'm free for all of the above, but it seems that 6th - 7th Is the preferred?

Ah! I can't come... sorry guys, looking at my finance for the next 2 months, an apprentice like me won't be able to afford it... Sorry again

Aw, pity Tim. You were the only bachelor!!

Now what is the barmaid going to do?

I think that you should raid your piggy bank (or get your girlfriend to pay).

I closed up bar with a Barmaid once.. biggest mistake ever.. oh the headache!

so is this event stilll a goer or what???

Hi Sean, Yeah mate! very much a goer..... I have thrown it open to the Skylines and Club motivate, so now out of about 400 readings we have 4 cars.... I'll leave you to read into that whatever you like.

So far...........

Sean & Loretta

Steve & Amanda

Andrei & Anna, (& Anton)

John & Iolanda.

Funny eh... I thought Stagea People liked to cruise? Oh well!

Edited by Appealing

Excuses, excuses, excuses....

Family, job, hobby, wife, kids, garden, house.. you name it :D

It all comes back to the priorities. We live only once (unless someone here is a cat but that's a different story), we all socializing here and we all (well at least many of us) are complaining every now and then that we dont have many activities... and when opportunity comes - bingo ! only 4 cars going to turn up...

I am not going to say much or put shame on anyone; i am not going to ask anyone to reconsider their decisions. But i am going to repeat myself - it's all about priorities. Period.