SAU Community

Are There Any M35's In Canberra?

I've searched around the forum and found an older Stag in the good old ACT but haven't found any mention of an M35. Or am I going to have to buy one sight unseen and un driven from the internet? :stupid:

And then get shocked at how big it is (seems lots of posts on here talk about how you can put a fridge in the back, just how big are these things?!

I've searched around the forum and found an older Stag in the good old ACT but haven't found any mention of an M35. Or am I going to have to buy one sight unseen and un driven from the internet? :stupid:

And then get shocked at how big it is (seems lots of posts on here talk about how you can put a fridge in the back, just how big are these things?!

Dimensions are listed here;

http://www.northshoreprestige.com.au/vehic...el=stagea#specs

The car is bigger that a Subaru Outback but only maginly longer and slightly wider.

yay! someone new! i've got an S2 RS4s, only ever seen one M35 in canberra but it had NSW plates. there are about 4 others C34s that i know of, 'the driver' has a white one but last i heard it was bent, there was another white one at trojan motorsport, a silver one that lives in gungahlin somewhere and i think there was a guy down southside with an S1. i also have a white one in my backyard in bits.

D.

yay! someone new! i've got an S2 RS4s, only ever seen one M35 in canberra but it had NSW plates. there are about 4 others C34s that i know of, 'the driver' has a white one but last i heard it was bent, there was another white one at trojan motorsport, a silver one that lives in gungahlin somewhere and i think there was a guy down southside with an S1. i also have a white one in my backyard in bits.

D.

Hi,

I have seen one S1 or S2, not sure which, once down here but never a M35. I've seen a couple of Legnums recently and looked into them on the net but am not sold on them as much as an M35 fromall the reading I've done.

I've bought a number of cars off the net but all I've driven before by either trying a friends, renting one or "test"driving one at a dealer.I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a Stagea having never driven one (certain things stop me from travelling up to Sydney at the mo and I need to act now). Crazy? :down:

Edited by Houdini

Hi,

I have seen one S1 or S2, not sure which, once down here but never a M35. I've seen a couple of Legnums recently and looked into them on the net but am not sold on them as much as an M35 fromall the reading I've done.

I've bought a number of cars off the net but all I've driven before by either trying a friends, renting one or "test"driving one at a dealer.I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a Stagea having never driven one (certain things stop me from travelling up to Sydney at the mo and I need to act now). Crazy? :P

Maybe us Sydney residents need to do a cruise to ACT :thumbsup:

I'd be in for it, not sure about the other m35's tho!

I could take ya for a spin, or are you more interested in buying?

I can tell you that you wouldn't regret it, it doesn't feel like a large car when you drive it, technically it's not really that large, slightly smaller than a Ford or Holden wagon (old version, the new version is around the same size or slightly smaller?)

Well some Canberra drivers coming out of the woodwork. No M35's showing up though and a NSW dealer swears there's a couple here. Canberra is a small place and I would've seen them :wacko:. Where are you hiding?

I've bought a number of cars off the net but all I've driven before by either trying a friends, renting one or "test"driving one at a dealer.I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a Stagea having never driven one (certain things stop me from travelling up to Sydney at the mo and I need to act now). Crazy? ;)

Nah, not crazy man...

I bought mine from Northshore Prestge (Sydney) 2 years ago over the net.

At the time, there was not even anyone on these forums that had one.

Leap of faith (plus I fell in love with it straight away), but thankfully the guys at Northshore Prestige were and still are VERY helpful.

Wouldn't change a thing... except I would have gotten the exhaust on straight away :P

Edited by iamhe77

Well some Canberra drivers coming out of the woodwork. No M35's showing up though and a NSW dealer swears there's a couple here. Canberra is a small place and I would've seen them :P . Where are you hiding?

Don't feel too bad about not having spotted them, there are many more in Sydney etc. and I've done 5000+ km's and I have only spotted WC34's!!

I've been too Sydney airport, around to La Perouse, Central Coast, Lithgow, Broke (via Old Putty Road).

They do a good job hiding, because mine hasn't been spotted and put on the "spot the stagea" forum yet ;)

D.

I have a white S2 RS4. I work at Mitchell so its mainly parked out of site, but I get out and about a fair bit. The guys at Trojan do the work on mine - very good guys and excellent work. I have had mine for over 2 years and still going strong. The exhaust mods are the best thing to do for stageas, and I am sure the M35 is no different. I still have the SMIC on mine, so I enjoy the weather getting colder!

Well I'll have to check out the trojan guys to see if they know anything about M35's because mine is coming :P deposit paid. And I've never even seen on in the flesh! Exhaust is first on my list.

Nah, not crazy man...

I bought mine from Northshore Prestge (Sydney) 2 years ago over the net.

At the time, there was not even anyone on these forums that had one.

Leap of faith (plus I fell in love with it straight away), but thankfully the guys at Northshore Prestige were and still are VERY helpful.

Wouldn't change a thing... except I would have gotten the exhaust on straight away :P

What exhaust did you end up going with?

What exhaust did you end up going with?

Standard Dump (with pre-cat), Kakimoto front pipe (de-cat), Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust.

Sounds bloody good and flows nicely. :)

Only thing is that I would probably prefer to fit the Kakimoto R exhaust as it is 80mm (same as the front pipe) whereas the Legalis is slightly smaller at 3".

Anyone here got a Kakimoto R exhaust (for M35 of course) in good condition and is in Vic by any chance?

I only want the Kakimoto R because the pipe diameter will match the front pipe. I much prefer the Legalis twin pipe muffler. :)

I have a white S2 RS4. I work at Mitchell so its mainly parked out of site, but I get out and about a fair bit. The guys at Trojan do the work on mine - very good guys and excellent work. I have had mine for over 2 years and still going strong. The exhaust mods are the best thing to do for stageas, and I am sure the M35 is no different. I still have the SMIC on mine, so I enjoy the weather getting colder!

next time you need tyres, come up the road to jaxquickfit and find me

D.

• 2 weeks later...