SAU Community

How To Remove The Red Lense On The Tail Light?

Lovic

Hi Puppey,

thanks for your help.

Yes, actually I m doing a similar thing as you did.

But just I dont really like that chrome led tail light, so decide to reuse the original red plastic cover. (cover the chromy)

However it is pretty hard to pull the lense off, (both the led's cover and the stockies' cover)

I believe r32 and r33 should be more or less the same.

So how did you do that?

Hi Lovic,

Oohhhh i see what u mean now. sorry i misunderstood ur question b4. :) that i have no idea how to do so sorry :) ... dunno if that's possible with r32.

initially i thought i had to do that (for r32) before i took the whole tail light off the panel (pls someone correct me if i'm wrong), but apparently i didn't have to open the red plastic cover.

so all i had to do was simply taking the original tail light assembly off the cover, and replacing it with the led light assembly. put windscreen sealant (i used it since it doesn't harden) and screw the light (cover and assembly) back to the car again.

do you reckon i understand you correctly? ;) ...

Hi Puppey,

That's ok, thanks.

Hi 75coupe,

You reckon over method is ok? there is no silicone or something similar sticky stuff to be heated up.

There was white sticky stuff on mine and I used the oven to soften it up and then slowly worked the red lenses off...