SAU Community

I Don't Love My Skyline

Who doesn't love their car?

I've owned it for 3 years now. It's a daily and gets treated like a daily too. It gets serviced and all the maintenance attention it needs, but I don't really feel compelled to keep it clean. I don't seem to care about it anymore. I've put money into it and made it go a bit quicker and handle a bit better and stop a bit better. I enjoy the way it drives and have put only a couple of visual mods to make it bearable in my eye. The S1 R33's are a bit on the ugly side, and I've thought that since day 1.

It's reliable, it goes relatively well but doesn't break any fastest car in town records and don't really want it to. I feel spending anymore money on the car is futile. Heck I even dropped my comprehensive insurance for third party fire and theft.

It get's washed like once every 6 - 8 weeks. The mods that were put on were put on with a 'she'll be right' attitude.

I know it's a good car, but that's all it is to me now.

Share your hate for your car...

Edited by KeyMaker

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...

Drive an accent as ur daily for a while, then u'll love it... mine sits in the garage and gets bugger all use and gets cleaned about that much...

i felt the same about the looks of S1's before i bought mine.... but since i bought it, i think they look alright...

Haha...

Drive an accent as ur daily for a while, then u'll love it... mine sits in the garage and gets bugger all use and gets cleaned about that much...

i felt the same about the looks of S1's before i bought mine.... but since i bought it, i think they look alright...

Lol you've got to convince yourself to think that so you can drive it. I had to

only had a 33 series II for a month. 2nd week i got it some idiot cut me off and smashed into my right front guard. got it fixed up by a panel beater that did a shit job. now i'm left with a shitty guard and cbf fixing it. i have the "she'll be right attitude" now too. lol

ive had my R34 for nearly 3 years (Sept this year will be 3), and she is my daily. Ive just moved to a country job so i dont drive her everyday now , but when i do take her for a drive i love every minte of it, and i sure do miss driving her everyday to work and home like i used to when i lived in the city......

i still like my 33. which is unusual since i get bored with my cars fairly quick. some days it suprises me actually. i am driving and think to myself, fark i love driving this car. lol

and when its clean, i look at it, in all its black reflective shiny glory, and think mmmmmm, thats nice :thumbsup:

the other day someone asked me, why i dont sell it and get something else. and i said, coz i'd prob buy another skyline lol

Who doesn't love their car?

I've owned it for 3 years now. It's a daily and gets treated like a daily too. It gets serviced and all the maintenance attention it needs, but I don't really feel compelled to keep it clean. I don't seem to care about it anymore. I've put money into it and made it go a bit quicker and handle a bit better and stop a bit better. I enjoy the way it drives and have put only a couple of visual mods to make it bearable in my eye. The S1 R33's are a bit on the ugly side, and I've thought that since day 1.

It's reliable, it goes relatively well but doesn't break any fastest car in town records and don't really want it to. I feel spending anymore money on the car is futile. Heck I even dropped my comprehensive insurance for third party fire and theft.

It get's washed like once every 6 - 8 weeks. The mods that were put on were put on with a 'she'll be right' attitude.

I know it's a good car, but that's all it is to me now.

Share your hate for your car...

do u have a lamborgini or something and u cherish that? or maybe ur just to lazy to look after the car?

do u have a lamborgini or something and u cherish that? or maybe ur just to lazy to look after the car?

no exotics here....or anything expensive for that matter. Partly laziness. When I clean it i put a lot of effort into it, then I like it when its clean. Then it gets dirty within the week then I hate it again and neglect it for another month.

no exotics here....or anything expensive for that matter. Partly laziness. When I clean it i put a lot of effort into it, then I like it when its clean. Then it gets dirty within the week then I hate it again and neglect it for another month.

lol come on man just look after it more then ull love it again

btw u got any pikz of it? would love to see how it looks

I hated the way my R33 got me pulled over just about every other day - which resulted in me losing my licence on a technicality. I also hated most of the culture associated with owning an import (the fanboyism, the young idiots, the hoons stepping into soarers and skylines, the forum heroes etc).

That said, once I have twelve points left to "spend" I will buy another one and go crazy with the modification stick probably a four door R33 S1 GTST with a built RB30/25DET or I may even turn to the dark side with an Evo GT-A (I confess I am inspired by the C-RED "EFO" damn that thing is yummy) or possibly an Aristo.

I've often contemplated buying another car. But with all the money I've spent on this one, I know I'd be selling a practically good car that does almost everything I need/want a car to perform like. So that's what making me keep it. That and I'd be selling at a mega loss

no wonder man!!! you need to paint those side skirts. thats what's turning you off.

if my car is dirty, i'm kind of indifferent towards it. but when it's clean, i'm all smiles. i cant imagine having a half done body mod.

get it painted you lazy ass :thumbsup:

ye i hate my car, especially after the new engine, and new rear diff. everytime some thing breaks i swear that its the last straw and that next ill sell it

yet i cant even try selling it, so im gonna buy a lappo for a daily and keep the gtr for weekends! win win situation, at least now i can dump it to ground and not worry about the shitty city parking!

steve