SAU Community

I Don't Love My Skyline

We forget the point of the skyline sometimes or any sportscar for that matter, I was really getting bored of my r34 gtr until i bought a hyundai getz as my daily drive so now when i take my car out on that cool clear night i really appreciate its intention, its ability to arrouse my wedding vedgetables lolz!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We forget the point of the skyline sometimes or any sportscar for that matter, I was really getting bored of my r34 gtr until i bought a hyundai getz as my daily drive so now when i take my car out on that cool clear night i really appreciate its intention, its ability to arrouse my wedding vedgetables lolz!

Yeah I've been riding my bike a lot lately, love riding it. But now it feels good to drive the skyline when you don't drive it as often, feels different.

Forrester GT is where its at for practicality and some go

agreed..

issue is finding one for the ame price of the sale of skyline.

My current options are

wrx hatch

Gen 2 Legacy GT (with complimentary VOD)

agreed..

My current options are

wrx hatch

yeah i'd like to step into a gen 2 legacy wagon :(. Not pretty, but i wouldn't want it to be. Even a gen 1 would be ok.

agreed..

My current options are

wrx hatch

i'm thinking exactly the same for the next car (but wahts VOD?)

or a 03 corolla sportivo (only about $14k now!)

One night after servicing my car with a mate he placed the carbon fibre/fibregalss bonnet down but didnt clip it in the whole way, i told him dont worry i'll do it after. I then moved my car outta the garage and drove his in and got to work on it.

A few hours later i was driving over to my parents place doin bout 80 when the bonnet came up! scared the shit outta me! i didnt even know what happened, it was at night and there werent many street lights,.. then BANG! everything went black. Suprisingly i didnt panic,.. i seen a small amount of light from the very bottom of the windscreen and looked through that to pull my car over to the side of the road. When i got out and seen what happened i was pissed! The bonnet was hard up against the glass and was flimsy as and the roof was caved all the way in to about 1/2 an inch above my head on the inside, looked like someone had jumped on the centre of my roof??!!... lucky!!! i ripped the bonnet back down and clipped it in as the carbon fibre had held but the reinforcement fibreglass on the inside was f**ked! The bonnet had flexed in the centre when it came into contact with the start of the roof and kind of whip lashed the tip of it into the centre of my roof. I got inside and pushed the roof back up before driving very slowly the rest of the way to my parents place.

Next day i stripped the inside of the roof out and found that the "T" reinforcement pillar across centre and towards the windscreen had popped off and the glue that was holding it before needed to be re-glued. (the pillars are attached at the sides of the car with sheet metal tabs and the cross pillar is just to give stability to the roof if any weight is placed on it, Its not a roll bar as such),.. I went to a panel beaters and he gave me some glue that they use for that for $0 (Bears smash repair) and said that'll hold it (guess he felt sorry for me lol). I glued it up there and proped it up with whatever i could find, ie broom sticks cut to length and wedged between the pillar and the floor. I left it like that for a day or 2 and then removed the broom sticks, it held perfectly. The roof now has a small dint in the back right corner that i can pop out with a suction cap but sometimes a section about as big as my hand drops in a little untill i pop it back out from the inside.

It eats away at me every time i look at the roof cause to fully fix this im gonna need a new roof, but i dont have the money to do that since i just got my own place and im there by myself. To top it of me and my mate were talkin bout gettin some bonnet pins for my car when we were servicing it lol, all u can do is laugh...

Edited by series2r33

These things called Skylines can be annoying at times, with the maintence and cant park it any where, but compared to other cars ive driven I must have one simple as that, and since owning my first GTR recently it only makes the problem worse, I have come to live with Godzilla and wouldnt have it any other way.

Edited by KuZiBrO

These things called Skylines can be annoying at times, with the maintence and cant park it any where, but compared to other cars ive driven I must have one simple as that, and since owning my first GTR recently it only makes the problem worse, I have come to live with Godzilla and wouldnt have it any other way.

but i bet you feel pretty good when you're driving it haha.

Also you've named your car? I don't understand why people name their cars. I understand if you're a chick and you name it, but cmon guys. It's a car for goodness sake

Dont you guys see...that what you're doing currently shows the aura of the skyline?

The fact that we all come on these forums, spend hours on them, pour our hearts out about how we love/hate/dream/kill our cars is what makes the Skyline a special car - it has attitude, it has persona and character.

Most other cars we'd just go f*k it...its just a car and kill it or get rid of it.

But its just something about having a line i reckon....makes u want it/not want it, love it/hate it. A little more of this and a little less of that, and the car is yours, its you and personaifies only YOU.

And its cos of that that i love my skyline

but i bet you feel pretty good when you're driving it haha.

Also you've named your car? I don't understand why people name their cars. I understand if you're a chick and you name it, but cmon guys. It's a car for goodness sake

Named his car?

If you're referring to Godzilla bit, its a nick name all gtr's have, originating from 1989 "Wheels" magazine issue making reference to the Japanese monster.

:rofl:

Dont you guys see...that what you're doing currently shows the aura of the skyline?

The fact that we all come on these forums, spend hours on them, pour our hearts out about how we love/hate/dream/kill our cars is what makes the Skyline a special car - it has attitude, it has persona and character.

Most other cars we'd just go f*k it...its just a car and kill it or get rid of it.

But its just something about having a line i reckon....makes u want it/not want it, love it/hate it. A little more of this and a little less of that, and the car is yours, its you and personaifies only YOU.

And its cos of that that i love my skyline

I agree. I love my girl. Can't wait to get in it and drive it every day. And i agree that even though they all look the same if you got all the skyline's and put them next to each other every single one would be different. Because of it's and the owner's personality.

Amen to that.

Yeah I've been riding my bike a lot lately, love riding it. But now it feels good to drive the skyline when you don't drive it as often, feels different.

AGREED! I commute on my bike now and take my car for weekend squirts only and i appreciate it so much more now it's relieved of daily duties!