SAU Community

Got My 4 Rb30 Blocks Today..

Hi all.

Just recieved my 4 x RB30 blocks today.

Is there any difference in the RB30 blocks? Aka. series 1 or series 2?

Are all the RB30 blocks the same from the factory?

How to tell a turbo block from a NA block?

And yes, this time I have searched. hehe. :P Could be I'm stupid at searching.

be easier if you took shots of the exhaust side of each block and the front face too.

then comments can be made and you can log them to each block

but yes, there are differnces in the turbo drain return, and front tensioner locations etc

Yeah i bet he did. I wont tell you then how much i just got 10 for then...

EDIT: Hold up, he paid $2000AUD each for 4 blocks? Even in Sydney the prices arent that bad.

post-20486-1240317414_thumb.jpg

This is a Turbo or Series II block

Besides the feed / return lines I am unaware of any other differences between a Series I and Series II block.

I believe the Turbo block used a higher flow oil pump but not 100% sure.

I also believe that the pistons in a turbo block have a dish, again, not 100% sure.

I wish I knew a place that sold cheap rb30's here! Every wreckers I go to wants over $300!!!

Feel like selling some N1GTR? lol

Edited by [200]

post-20486-1240317414_thumb.jpg

This is a Turbo or Series II block

Besides the feed / return lines I am unaware of any other differences between a Series I and Series II block.

I believe the Turbo block used a higher flow oil pump but not 100% sure.

I also believe that the pistons in a turbo block have a dish, again, not 100% sure.

I wish I knew a place that sold cheap rb30's here! Every wreckers I go to wants over $300!!!

Feel like selling some N1GTR? lol

Thats funny, they came from Brissy :P

Sorry mate, not selling, they're all destined for mates cars.

I bought them from Spool imports :) He has been very very helpfull. My car is the only one with RB25DET here in denmark, and now its going to get a RB30DET instead. (200sx - s13)

The price is just fine, as i have sold the 3 others, so my own engine hasnt cost me a dime. :) But need to choose the one I want.

I will be changing pistons/rods/bearing etc. And use RB25DET oil/water pump.

The thing I'm after is if one block is more prefered than the other. (only block) If a turbo block is more suited for turbo in any kind over the NA block. (remember I will be changing pistons/rods/bearings etc)

Also, if I coat the pistons will the oil squrters be required to fit? (I know I have to drill and tap for them)

EDIT: Sorry for picture qaulity, its my cell camera. Hope you can see it good enough

post-24535-1240327196_thumb.jpg

post-24535-1240327232_thumb.jpg

post-24535-1240327253_thumb.jpg

post-24535-1240327275_thumb.jpg

Edited by nissan200sx.dk

The RB25DET crank pully, will that fit the RB30 crank? (Im am not using power steering and AC in my car).

the 3rd pully on the crank is removable on the RB30 crank pully, which is good as i dont have any space infront of the engine for my water cooler. So a std RB30 crank pully with the 3rd pully bolted of, would that be good enough?

Cant find a place here in Denmark that can acid clean the block. How should I clean it out then? Spray my own acid cleaning agent on and wash it down? There is alot of "stuff" in water channels. Could I just use something to remove it? Like when cleaning a shower for limescale, I think its called.. (Water that builds up over time stuff, dont know the english word)

Thank you.

Right now I have begun to read the entire RB30 conversion thread. 346 pages.. damn. Have read the .pdf from Cobra30