SAU Community

Just Jap Stealth Intercooler Problems... R34 Gtt

hi guys i recently got a just jap stealth intercooler for my r34 gtt with the nismo aero body kit, i got the intercooler on ok but am having a real hard time getn the front bit of the chassis back on infront of it.... it seems no matter wat i try it is about a cm or 2 from fitting back neatly wether i try mounting the intercooler higher like on the same bolt as the release lever for the bonnet or lower with a bracket and to the side like jase-r34 did... (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Jj...lth+intercooler)

in the picture wat the red arrow is pointing to the front of the fan stops me fron having the fmic back any further and the yellow line is the part of teh chassis that i cant get back on only just because the intercooler doesnt seem to fit in that gap... so i cant get the holes lined up to put all the bolts back in...

any1 got suggestions or have this happen to them?

thanx

post-54869-1240323651_thumb.jpg

the bar your talking about is called a reo bar. i had to trim a bit off mine to get it back on. just mark on the reo how much you have to cut and get out the grinder. lol.

i was hoping i woudlnt have to cut it but i guess it aint that bad... its a bit anoyn but i thought they were ment to b bolt on kit basically lol

yeah, i had to cut a little, i rang and asked if i had to cut anything when purchasing, and they said no :)

only way to not cut would to be to remove the thermo or put a rather thin one on

bolt on kits that come with everything u need should also include an angle grinder haha

or say on them

"Bolt on Intercooler...

Caution: by no means necessary will this part will not bolt on!)

i got the same intercooler and got the guys at eas performance to fit it for me and the only cutting that was done was the plastic bits on the front of the standard r34 front bar and that was it. i can see mine sits up against the reo bar but no cutting or trimming on it at all.