SAU Community

Rebuild Turbo?

skinkis

I´ve used the search function, but haven´t found what I´m looking for.

I´m new to Perth (and Australia) and I´ve bought myself a Skyline a couple of months ago.

I´m looking for a shop/company that rebuilds turbos, mine has started to whine quite a bit, and I don´t want to buy a second hand turbo.

Looked through the consolidated work shop thread as well, but didn´t find anything there?

Perth is a pretty big city, someone have to be able to rebuild a turbo?

/Hampus

+1 for Turbotech.

Another to try is:

MTQ Engine Systems

63 Beringarra Avenue

Malaga, WA, 6090

Phone 08 92091677

Fax 08 92091897

Email [email protected]

Web www.mtqes.com.au

Turbotech and MTQ are the two sole authorised distributors of Garrett trubos in WA. They both rebuilds tons of turbos.

a gasket leak will either be a tick or a puffy type noise depending on where it is, a whine will be from your turbo developing shaft play (worn out bearing), thats assuming that the whine has been correctly diagnosed to be comming from the turbo area

+1 for perf4manz, they did the turbo on my s14a before i bought it, very reliable turbo but i dont know what work they do at the moment

+2 for mtq, they actually have a bolt on turbo for rb25's that using the gt3076 core and machined out stock housings, i have ordered one for a friends car, theres abit of a wait on these though

Edited by snozzle

a gasket leak will either be a tick or a puffy type noise depending on where it is, a whine will be from your turbo developing shaft play (worn out bearing), thats assuming that the whine has been correctly diagnosed to be comming from the turbo area

+1 for perf4manz, they did the turbo on my s14a before i bought it, very reliable turbo but i dont know what work they do at the moment

+2 for mtq, they actually have a bolt on turbo for rb25's that using the gt3076 core and machined out stock housings, i have ordered one for a friends car, theres abit of a wait on these though

I know that there´s no leak, it´s definatily the turbo which is whining.

I´ve scrapped a couple of turbos before back in the days when I had Saabs :/

Never scrapped one on the Cosworth though... better quality perhaps :)

Can you post up any quote/pricing you get plz? Would be good to know.

The Cossie :/

I´ve emailed them for a quote, I know that they probably can´t give me a firm price without having a look at it first, but hopefully they will be able to give me an idea of what type of coin we´re talking about...

I´ll post it when I here back from them....

6 months and I bet you change your opinion!

I´m not too sure... I come from a town in Sweden with 100 000 people :P

It´s a "little" bit bigger over here :w00t:

Can you post up any quote/pricing you get plz? Would be good to know.

The Cossie :P

1600 + GST for an original stock RB25 Turbo...

2200 + GST for an upgrade which would almost be equivalent to a GT30BB 100% bolt on with all the necessary fittings.

Who was that quote from?

Was the original stock RB25 turbo, just repairing it? or was that giving it a steel wheel of same size as the ceramic ones?

The quote was from Turbotech, and that was for a original turbo with the ceramic wheel.

Ouch, u can buy 2nd RB25DET turbos for 300$ on SAU. Why would u pay anymore for a turbo that is ceramic. Anything over 1000$ should be steel and preferably be ball bearing. So get a hiflo RB25 turbo for 2000$ or a GTRS for 3000$ in a kit

Ouch, u can buy 2nd RB25DET turbos for 300$ on SAU. Why would u pay anymore for a turbo that is ceramic. Anything over 1000$ should be steel and preferably be ball bearing. So get a hiflo RB25 turbo for 2000$ or a GTRS for 3000$ in a kit

I've heard mixed reviews about high flow turbos. You might want to surf the forums to check out why. IMO, go for a GTRS kit, if you can't afford it now, buy a cheap replacement 2nd hand, and save up till you have enough for the GTRS.