SAU Community

What Car Should I Buy?

That's another good point.

You're not from around here, you don't know just how common Falcon and Commodores are!

Literally every second car on the road will be a Falcodore, so whilst you might have a a straight line bullet, the only heads you'll be turning are the drivers of other Falcons with P plates and 20" chromies.

Like the guy said above too, Falcons depreciate like crazy. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy a Ford/Holden.

Edited by KezR33

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just woried if you are after sex appeal from a car and get a ford you will become attractive to unshaven, hi-vis, hardhat wearing tradies named macca, donga, bob etc

but the ford despite the bad wrap everyone gives them are a nice car with heaps of power

it is a modern car with modern suspension archeteture and modern features

yes it is not the pinicle of design but you get a lot of car for your money which if you want to putter round in will be fine, or highway trips

ie you can tow a boat and wont shit a kidney on a rough road

you can fit more then 2 people and 6 t shirts in it

i'm more than certain you will not be rally drifting it everytime you get in it so 4wd turbo with rally suspension is not always necessary for an everyday car

if you were driving a rally of track sprint nearly every weekend i would consider otherwise, bit if you were a seperate car would be wise.

will go like stink from the lights if you need to do that thing and in general is a well rounded car.

the only thing to realy consider fords to be a bit plastic and show their age after a few years - but you can say the same for a wrx or evo

take care of it and i'm sure it will survive.

overall nice car and very cheap at the moment

its fine for people to give their opinion and ideas after never driving any of the above and only reading about it behind their keyboards.

your arse in the seat means more than some misguided pc jockies and i believe the ford (ducks from a flying object) is very comfortable and a good alrounder for your money (ducks again from another flying object)

Edited by 910trx

Ughh this is upsetting...

You say you want a car with sex appeal and you go out and buy an Ford G6E turbo.

That not being bad enough you then rat out an R34 GTR for being too dated and not value for money unless its less than $40k - have you driven one lately?

Well if you can point me to a better sub $50k than a 34GTR be my guest - I think you will be hard pressed.

EVO X and new STI - not bad cars if you like junk I guess... they both look hideous IMO. Even the makers themselves have explained they are trying to move away from the EVO's and STI's of old...

As for your Ford, you'll be getting an auto and will be sick of going moderately quick in a straight line then hitting your window everytime you make a left hand turn due to their fantastic handling.

Anyways these are only my opinions - I do wish you all the best with whatever car you choose, just don't try make it something its not...

2x for an Aristo.

You can get a very clean example for under 13k landed.

2JZ

Looks good.

Comfy.

Different.

Ill be getting one very soon if i can find the right one :)

Its actually great hearing everyones opinions. I respect most of the drivers on here more than I would any other car forum, i've owned a few skylines and I know that most people got into these cars in the first place because they are happy to look sideways instead of following the pack. Sadly I think these days the pack are gravitating towards the skylines and times change.

Speaking of times changing, the g6e turbo is not the hottest car but it looks very classy and understated for an australian car and its frankly unbeatable value for money when it comes to performance for dollars. Anyone who hates on it is living in the past, its a fantastic achievement for a local car company. Its so good i'm sure if you drove it you would change your opinion on the car company as a whole.

So lets talk about corners. As great as corners are, how often do we hit a beautiful section of twisty road in our daily driving compared to traffic lights and boring sharp left and right hand turns at intersections? I think for most of us the twisty roads only get visited on the weekends and it represents a small percentage of how we use our car.

With that tied up and said, I am blowing my budget it out of the water and getting into the bmw 135i. its a lightweight luxury car with a twin turbo 3 litre sports package. I'm in love.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :D

Much better than that Ford.

As I said earlier, the depreciation on that thing burns holes in pockets.

The Beemer will give so much better driver satisfaction - all the best!

Light body, beautiful engine, great stoppers. Not sure about steering feel...

too dated for $50k.

I'm actually considering a new Ford XR6T.. What do you guys think?

I was about to reply that but saw this post. Im selling up mine to get an XR6 or a bike.

My boss has a Typhoon and its fu*king mad.

So lets talk about corners. As great as corners are, how often do we hit a beautiful section of twisty road in our daily driving compared to traffic lights and boring sharp left and right hand turns at intersections? I think for most of us the twisty roads only get visited on the weekends and it represents a small percentage of how we use our car.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

As a skyline owner I make it my business to find said "beautiful section of twisty road" even if I am just popping down to the corner for milk.

Falcadore owners go out of their way to avoid those embarrrassing "beautiful sections of twisty road" :D

As a skyline owner I make it my business to find said "beautiful section of twisty road" even if I am just popping down to the corner for milk.

Falcadore owners go out of their way to avoid those embarrrassing "beautiful sections of twisty road" :D

So true!

'Tis quite exillarating to do early morning warm-ups in different parts of the Mtn's twisties and...

'tis also pathetic to catch up to F'dores and smell burnt stoppers at the bottom.

lol, $1080 insurance premium on a $90,000 135i convertible twin turbo with a $700 excess through suncorp

Doesnt get much better than that

Seems pretty ridiculous considering what they'd want for a $20-$40k skyline

Edited by pentae

His budget keeps on going up and down like my Mom's temp at menopause!

Firstly it was $10-40K > new XR-6 T price > new 135i 2XT Convertible. And then complains about insurance premium?

Have we got a Manic here or what?

His budget keeps on going up and down like my Mom's temp at menopause!

Firstly it was $10-40K > new XR-6 T price > new 135i 2XT Convertible. And then complains about insurance premium?

Have we got a Manic here or what?

Lol, possibly.

But if you read closer I was actually talking about how great the insurance premium was compared to when I had an import (that was 1/4 of the money) and how ridiculous that is.

sexy?

Then you must buy something that you do not have to explain to anyone. Disobey this rule and you fail.

This means a bunch of those cars and the bmw is out. As you can't be caught saying ;

"....yeah but, it's like the 1 series only it's got a 3 litre twin turbo motor in it and the gear box is ..blah blah blah.." = sexyness of farting out your mouth

You might want to just buy a fast car you like to drive and for the sex appeal just get some advice and maybe take a bath and look after yourself.

My cars can look like someone ran over them with a monster truck as long as they go like hell and drive well.

I'm Married :D

Edited by rev210

XR6T has the power and the fun in it...can get them for 15K 2004 model, not so great on the eyes and everyone has em but in terms of performance with a few minor mods, they go hard.

But you want something sexy lookin for your budget, Why not get a dealer used 350z or a private one and then get a supercharger kit for it :(

Or a R34 GT-T with sme tasteful mods. for under 30K.

Or a Evolution 7/8, awd, clean, has some power, can be modded, not too big.

I guess personally if you didn't want the 34 GT-R i would get myself a Evolution 6/7/8

But i wouldnt get a 32 GT-R or a 33 considering i will always look back and go i could have a 34 right...but if you waited a lil while longer once the 35's come out into play a bit more the 34's might drop a few more k and probably see them around 35K later this year early next year.