SAU Community

Supercharging R34 Skyline

Ok so lets just say that "hyperthiticly" I'm considering supercharging my r34 skyline as im on my p's,will a sc14 supercharger make enough difference to bother with and would it be hard to hide,I'd plan on setting up a hiden on/off button so i can use it when im on the track and then turn it of for daily driving :)

What will i need? other then the supercharger and do i need to add anything,would i be able to do it myself without any hasel's?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so lets just say that "hyperthiticly" I'm considering supercharging my r34 skyline as im on my p's,will a sc14 supercharger make enough difference to bother with and would it be hard to hide,I'd plan on setting up a hiden on/off button so i can use it when im on the track and then turn it of for daily driving :)

What will i need? other then the supercharger and do i need to add anything,would i be able to do it myself without any hasel's?

i didnt know u could get a blower on your p's i thought all forced induction was banned

im in WA though so i can run wat eva i want on my p's haha

i didnt know u could get a blower on your p's i thought all forced induction was banned

im in WA though so i can run wat eva i want on my p's haha

yeah im just wondering if its not connected (fully) it will be p plate legal in qld but if i can hide it and drive normally then i shouldnt have a problem

dude.

im going dn this path soon. but using a vortech supercharger

i recommend you do your homework on this as it isnt just a matter of "boltong on a blower and away you go" there is a lot of things that have to be considered when supercharging.

and its not a cheap thing to do either.

and yes, a supercharger is classified in the category of forced induction....just a different way of doing it

there's no "not connected" bullshit when it comes to these rules. if you have one in your car it's illegal.

by that misconception if you have a 600AWKW GTR and ran an actuator switch to hold the wastegate open all the time (thus making no boost) you'd be legally allowed to drive it? No.

If you can't make the car more powerful to go faster, then just make the car lighter and the engine more efficient. ie. sell your car and buy an S2000... which is still within the P plate rules. Besides, just use the allocated time to get better at driving your car, work your suspension etc. When you're off your P's you can upgrade to a turbo car.

Failing that, just take the risk and run a turbo, if you get done then sell your car and go back to the drawing board, if you don't... count your blessings. Just don't waste your time and money on stuff like superchargers.

dude.

im going dn this path soon. but using a vortech supercharger

i recommend you do your homework on this as it isnt just a matter of "boltong on a blower and away you go" there is a lot of things that have to be considered when supercharging.

and its not a cheap thing to do either.

and yes, a supercharger is classified in the category of forced induction....just a different way of doing it

i know if i get caught im f**ked but thats why im going to hide it very well,and im doing my research now by making this thread.

there's no "not connected" bullshit when it comes to these rules. if you have one in your car it's illegal.

by that misconception if you have a 600AWKW GTR and ran an actuator switch to hold the wastegate open all the time (thus making no boost) you'd be legally allowed to drive it? No.

If you can't make the car more powerful to go faster, then just make the car lighter and the engine more efficient. ie. sell your car and buy an S2000... which is still within the P plate rules. Besides, just use the allocated time to get better at driving your car, work your suspension etc. When you're off your P's you can upgrade to a turbo car.

Failing that, just take the risk and run a turbo, if you get done then sell your car and go back to the drawing board, if you don't... count your blessings. Just don't waste your time and money on stuff like superchargers.

its not like its a huge amount of money for a sc14 and iv already thought of a way to hide it no one will be able to tell unless they pull appart my engine bay or front bar lol

im sorry but gonna have to say this,

but why f****g bother getting a supercharger if you are going to try and hide it? really think about it. that is the most f***d up thing ive heard!

why are you going to try and be a hero and take the risk of having something in your car that you are not allowed to have in the first place! you will get caught!

and you dont think that the noise of the blower itself wont be enough to grab a cops attention? think about it. this isnt a $5000 modification here, mine is costing me a round $30,000 in total if not more to do.

the charger will always be connected. so if's no butt's no maybe's. that how they work. they are always running a belt with the crank,

i think you really need to do your research and consider everything you have to do. and i mean do your research. speak to engineers. a rebuild will have to be done.

but why f****g bother getting a supercharger if you are going to try and hide it? really think about it. that is the most f***d up thing ive heard!

why are you going to try and be a hero and take the risk of having something in your car that you are not allowed to have in the first place! you will get caught!

and you dont think that the noise of the blower itself wont be enough to grab a cops attention? think about it. this isnt a $5000 modification here, mine is costing me a round $30,000 in total if not more to do.

the charger will always be connected. so if's no butt's no maybe's. that how they work. they are always running a belt with the crank,

oh i was unawair that they made a sound all the time,if thats the case ill just take the belt of when i dont want to use it?,i dont know much about superchargers so ull have to bare with me lol,all i know is i upgraded my diff and that made a good improvment now i want that lil extra go to get the wheels spinning easyer.

Edited by ahjosh

they can be run on a clutch so they may be connected, but not operating.

i think you really need to do your research and consider everything you have to do. and i mean do your research. speak to engineers. a rebuild will have to be done.

a rebuild doesn't have to be done, it depends on how much boost/power is being pumped through it.

either way, unless you are hell bent on a supercharger, its a stupid waste of money, plenty of turbo kits available, will make the same power for a faction of the cost.

putting on a SC whilst still on your p's is another stupid idea too. how do you plan on "hiding" something that has to run off the crank, and has to force air thought the intake?

if u want ur wheels to spin easier then get a turbo.

to be honest you sound like a cowboy. sorry but its true. there is more to a supercharger than just upgrading your diff mate. that is if you want your engine to actually last. and no you just cant take off the belt. it doesent work that way,

that is the most f***d up thing ive heard!

why are you going to try and be a hero

that's fuckin hilarious coming from someone who's stroking their N/A and adding forced induction in the hope of making big power.

I dunno if you're aware, but Nissan stroked the RB engine to 2.6L and added two turbos to it about 20 years ago. Its quite cheap these days and can happily make 11ty billion kw given the amount of money you'll end up spending on stroking the 2.5L and custom supercharger kits. $30,000? you could sell that N/A 34 to some unfortunate P plater at premium prices and buy yourself an R34 GTR using the money you'd save on supercharging.

AFAIK stroking an N/A to 2.7L and adding a supercharger to it is the most fucked up thing I've heard. And doing it to be different just reeks of someone trying to be a hero. So please, don't be the kettle that calls the pot black.

if u want ur wheels to spin easier then get a turbo.

to be honest you sound like a cowboy. sorry but its true. there is more to a supercharger than just upgrading your diff mate. that is if you want your engine to actually last. and no you just cant take off the belt. it doesent work that way,

its hard going from a turbo car to a non turbo car,i wont say how i plan on doing it over a site monitored by police but take my word for it they will have a hard time finding it,if they find it then congrats they can take my lisence,but im still only CONSIDERING doing this,just looking for pro's and cons

they can be run on a clutch so they may be connected, but not operating.

a rebuild doesn't have to be done, it depends on how much boost/power is being pumped through it.

either way, unless you are hell bent on a supercharger, its a stupid waste of money, plenty of turbo kits available, will make the same power for a faction of the cost.

putting on a SC whilst still on your p's is another stupid idea too. how do you plan on "hiding" something that has to run off the crank, and has to force air thought the intake?

yeah depends on the time of blower tho aswell on whether they can be run off a clutch, but i honestly wouldnt see the point of supercharging to have it "running" all the time

i am hell bent on blowing my car. i have everything sorted for it. i have my "team" you could say aswell. i cant wait. but im not going for something that i gonna make me spin my wheels easier. my setup is gonna be done properly from the word go.

that's fuckin hilarious coming from someone who's stroking their N/A and adding forced induction in the hope of making big power.

I dunno if you're aware, but Nissan stroked the RB engine to 2.6L and added two turbos to it about 20 years ago. Its quite cheap these days and can happily make 11ty billion kw given the amount of money you'll end up spending on stroking the 2.5L and custom supercharger kits. $30,000? you could sell that N/A 34 to some unfortunate P plater at premium prices and buy yourself an R34 GTR using the money you'd save on supercharging.

AFAIK stroking an N/A to 2.7L and adding a supercharger to it is the most fucked up thing I've heard. And doing it to be different just reeks of someone trying to be a hero. So please, don't be the kettle that calls the pot black.

and?

ur point is? its my money and my car. i shall do what i want and how i want and i dont care what you think about it.

like with most things i do, everyone has a negatitive opinion on it.

and i dont think u actually read my post correctly either as i was mainly applying what u quoted to the fact what is the point of having a supercharger if your not going to use it properly?

and just so you know, i will be making big power. dont assume that i wont.

yeah depends on the time of blower tho aswell on whether they can be run off a clutch, but i honestly wouldnt see the point of supercharging to have it "running" all the time

i am hell bent on blowing my car. i have everything sorted for it. i have my "team" you could say aswell. i cant wait. but im not going for something that i gonna make me spin my wheels easier. my setup is gonna be done properly from the word go.

i enjoy driving with abit of an angle,thats my hobby so if spending a lil extra $$$ on making my car that little bit easyer to drive sideways then im more then happy to do it and take the risk's,i just want info on it before i go and "waiste" my money.

that's f**kin hilarious coming from someone who's stroking their N/A and adding forced induction in the hope of making big power.

AFAIK stroking an N/A to 2.7L and adding a supercharger to it is the most f**ked up thing I've heard. And doing it to be different just reeks of someone trying to be a hero. So please, don't be the kettle that calls the pot black.

i was inadvertently trying to hint at that with my previous post about turbo kits doing it a lot cheaper, but i 100% agree. :)

if they want to waste spend money on something that achieves the same results for a lot more money, let them go for it!

i was inadvertently trying to hint at that with my previous post about turbo kits doing it a lot cheaper, but i 100% agree. :)

if they want to waste spend money on something that achieves the same results for a lot more money, let them go for it!

if i spending that lil extra money increases the life of my lisence then im all for it,turbo ill have that blow of sound, supercharger wont,and a sc14 is only a small toyota supercharger.