SAU Community

Supercharging R34 Skyline

As for super charging and spending all that money...why not just twin charge it......smaller super charger and big turbo...she'll be sweet then...and you can spend 30k easily. Just an idea.

Cara's spending 30K, Josh just wants to build a stealth supercharger using stock parts from other engines etc.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cara's spending 30K, Josh just wants to build a stealth supercharger using stock parts from other engines etc.

Yep I know that was aimed at Miss Nizz...

He could hide all the stuff if he wacked a cover over the top of the engine.. or just tell the cops that the bonnet doesn't open anymore...

STOP! Opinion time!

There is no reason a supercharged RB25DE stroker won't make decent power levels running a vortech style blower. The only thing i would be concerned about is the amount of crank energy required to turn that supercharger. This is keeping in mind that at a similar output the supercharged mercedes SLK V10 (I think) needs well over three hundred horsepower just to turn the supercharger to produce six hundred ish.

The hotrod sitting in my fathers shed with a roots style blower has a 440 big block and has been built by a mechanical engineer and a bloke that builds race engines (who happens to also be the cars owner - go figure). Its streetable (just) and is often taken on cruises. That makes about 660 HP (perhaps more now it has been rebuilt a bit stronger) and more torque than you could imagine.

To bring things into perspective the best CAPA supercharging kit for a L-98 or LS3 produces around 500kW (670HP) and thats with a massive cubic capacity advantage.

In terms of dollars per HP I can't imagine its a wise investment.

30,000 + purchase cost of N/A R34 (I assume around 15,000) / 750 = $60 per HP.

With half that money you could build a killer RB30/25 at around $30 per HP while retaining the same peak power and most likely similar power/torque curves.

Fair enough do something different and pave the way for others. I agree its an exciting concept. I want to see the pictures when its done, perhaps even come along to an autosalon event and see it in person. However there are a multitude of problems to overcome in theory let alone in practice.

Supercharging can net the same result as turbocharging, but turbocharging is cheaper and better established because most skylines were turbo'd from stock. Thats the end of the story.

Back to the dude wanting an SC14 on that RB25DE - don't bother a) its too much hassle for too little gain b) you will be caught and fined. No you can't hide a supercharger, not even if you were McGuyver.

*nicks some popcorn and takes a seat*

McGuyver is pretty cool i rekon.

yeah but im going all out with my build. the whole engine is being re done to suit my supercharger.

Yep I know that was aimed at Miss Nizz...

He could hide all the stuff if he wacked a cover over the top of the engine.. or just tell the cops that the bonnet doesn't open anymore...

baahahahahaha :laugh: I did that once to a female traffic policewoman and she told me "I guess the pedestrian you going to hit have a far better chance of living then a working vehicle with a working bonnet hey?".

Cara - I do believe the concept of been individual, thats why I'm famous for the my MRR34. As for spending $30,000 on a modification all I can say is "YOU GO GIRL" make sure you document the whole thing so we can check out your progress.

ahjosh - Are you the same guy recently said on boostcruising that you were going to paint your 4dr R34?

i dont want all the wheels to spin just the back ones :down: ,and i dont want to give up something i love doing just because the police dont want me to.

You're a dickhead.

I hope you put the supercharger in.

I hope the cops pull you over.

I hope you lose your car and all the money you wasted on it.

Maybe then you'll grow up and get a clue.

You're a dickhead.

I hope you put the supercharger in.

I hope the cops pull you over.

I hope the cops f**k you in the street.

I hope you lose your car and all the money you wasted on it.

Maybe then you'll grow up and get a clue.

:down: made it better for you

mm kinda reminds me of last night

my mate called me, telling me his brother had something to showed me

i rock up

VH comma

full of rust

shitty comma v8.. IT HAD A f**kING T4 STRAPPED TO IT!

NO BOOST CONTROLLER! NO WASTEGATE! NOTHING

he turned the car on

started okay. he smiled, he revved it went bang

so like the others say

just drive na for the time being

i dont want all the wheels to spin just the back ones :down: ,and i dont want to give up something i love doing just because the police dont want me to.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA oh god... just get a cheap Commodore and thrash that shit around.

yeah im just wondering if its not connected (fully) it will be p plate legal in qld but if i can hide it and drive normally then i shouldnt have a problem

man like all these guys are sayin if your willing too risk getting caught u may as well just turbo it youll probs get better power 4 a better price n e way

Cara - I do believe the concept of been individual, thats why I'm famous for the my MRR34. As for spending $30,000 on a modification all I can say is "YOU GO GIRL" make sure you document the whole thing so we can check out your progress.

ahjosh - Are you the same guy recently said on boostcruising that you were going to paint your 4dr R34?

thanks dude, everything will be recorded and what not i cant wait to begin getting all my parts and have the ball rolling on this project!

I'm glad your making your car something more then "just another turbo skyline"...

how often do you see a supercharged skyline ?

let alone in Australia...

Cant wait for this build to start Cara :down:

Best of luck with the build !

It seems like all the people who use to buy Hyundai Excel's have now started to buy Skyline's

It's because the turbo setups work so bloody well it's almost pointless building a supercharged one :P

I'm glad your making your car something more then "just another turbo skyline"...

let alone in Australia...

Cant wait for this build to start Cara :P

Best of luck with the build !

um, i've seen a s/c'd na skyline in vic built at great expense. it was bitterly disappointing to the owner who thought they were gonna end up with something more special than a lightly modded gts-t, disappointing mainly cos they didnt end up with anything particularly special at all.

the way i see it, building a supercharged skyline that goes as well as a lightly modded turbo skyline is like swimming to tasmania when there is a perfectly good boat you could have jumped on in the first place.....

all the best anyways i guess

not even gonna bother to address the nuff nuff who is keen for more power so he can "spin his back wheels whether the cops like it or not" lol

Edited by thommo

and when I thought that ahjosh couldn't get any worse... BAM... he proves me wrong...

Nothing against him supercharging the car... but trying to hide a p-plate illegal modification, and no comment on him saying

"i dont want all the wheels to spin just the back ones,and i dont want to give up something i love doing just because the police dont want me to.".... well actually i have a comment... he sounds quite like a commodore driver... oh i cannot wait for the day he loses his license and complains about it...

... he sounds quite like a commodore driver... oh i cannot wait for the day he loses his license and complains about it...

I'm glad they have toughened the P plater laws for these reasons.

18 Year old + high power car = big potential for disaster.

Don't get me started on commondore drivers! That's another topic

Personally i agree its a good idea but like everyone is saying just understand what you are trying do is tricky at best and

will cost a bit more per horsepower than the turbo

in my eperience a stock looking engine will fly under the radar most times, the old 'thats how they come in japan' officer may even work for a centrifugal blower.....maybe.....positive displacement would definitly be easier.

as long as you dont have *extra fuel pumps in the boot

*a after market ECU in the glovebox or in plain view

*blow of valve or engine bling(pink cam covers/polished everything)

*missing cat/sooty rear bar

*turbo timer running when pulled up

*pod filter/jumbo intercooler (if you can avoid it)

*excessive gauges

you dont have to do what the others do, but this is the sort of thing you need either heaps of money and no reguard for how its spent or a vast knowledge of the principles and practicle application of them, not to mention the gear, time and contacts required to undertake something like this.

if he cant afford to go to the skid pin every now n then, he cant afford to SC his line...

bottom line his project he is destined for failure.

fixed :P

He sounds like someone that loves to take shortcuts with everything... i still remember his skyvia (s13 silvia with r32 front and rear end)...

well tbh, to me it sounds like he's got the typical dunnydore mentality :D ....DO A BURNOUT!!! its soooo cool these days. :P hope u get caught and ur car gets turned into scrap!...dont waste ur money till after ur P's then keep the 'hooning' to legalized areas. last thing we need is more fools giving us long-time skyline drivers a farkin bad name.

Edited by Nemesis