SAU Community

Where To Get A Cage

SABBAi

Hi guys,

I'm chasing a workshop, etc who will buid a cage to spec *OR* supply and bend CAMS approved pipe for me to weld up. In Melbourne, we used to get stuff done by Davis Craig, but not too sure about a shop here in Brissy.

Any ideas??

S L Race Fabrications

24 Tradelink Rd

Hillcrest, QLD 4118

(07) 3800 8495‎

Scott does awesome work and has had a number of cars featured in magazines etc (installed seatbelts and a support bar for kiddy seat mounts in my wifes EH wagon).

Expect to pay around $2500 for a steel half cage created and fitted but it will be legal and ANDRA approved so you wont have problems from the PO PO.

You can shop around but i was disappointed to find that they were not cheap......

Cheers Imtorqing

I popped and had a chat with Scott from S L Race Fabrications. Nice bloke. We had a chat about the requirements for the car. Nice bloke too. Good price for a 4 point half cage with a diagonal brace.

His price was $1900. Mild steel raw cage. The price was the same for a bolt in, or a weld in jobbie. The weld in gets sweet little gussets between the B pillars and the hoop. Yet to decide if I need one yet. Lot of work still to go into the car, but it's good to know that I can get one fairly quickly and a decent price. He can arrang efor powder coating also.