SAU Community

ok, well bombtrack and i are building a ke70 with an SR20det for a drift pig.

money is not huge on this build and we're aiming for around 200rwkw @ 950kgs stripped

planning on using an stock r34 turbo we have lying around and running e85

now a pfc is obviously the best cheapish option

BUT

could we get away with just a SAFC2 & an SITC?

e85 uses around 30% more fuel and is useless with out timing adjustment so an sitc would be needed, but will the safc be able to bend the signal far enough for the fuel? i dont have any real experience with safc's

i figure both could be had for around $500 second hand so its gonna be half the price of a pfc

$420 will get you a nistune chip + Tuner license ($220 for chip alone if some one else is going to tune it). $120 for a consult cable(Not needed if your not the tuner)

This will allow you to remap the stock ECU realtime. This will be just as good as a power FC and alot better than any piggy back system.

Nistune is cheap but quality of the hardware are software is awesome. I had it on my 32gtst and now on my 32 gtr.

Until i need antilag Nistune will be what i use.

Hamish i got a spare Nistune remaped ecu round the place for sr20. Cover the board price and its yours. Will handle E85 piece of piss.

Edited by URAS

dont suppose you got any lying around for an RB30?

nah they are a bit more valuable, ive got plenty of the rb30 nistune boards here though, we do a few each week.

how much do you charge to install them? can you supply them with cable and licence etc (wanna have a crack at tuning it myself)?

R34 turbo on SR20 ...

Aren't the flanges different???

You could make 200rwkw on E85 EASILY on a stock SR20 toooobo

Ben - dont get Trent into trouble and make him advertise, just send him a PM.

Although you know what Hamish - SR20 ECU's run pig rich, so running E85 on a stock ECU might lean it up nicely - sure it might ping a bit, but it would be free :P

ok, well bombtrack and i are building a ke70 with an SR20det for a drift pig.

money is not huge on this build and we're aiming for around 200rwkw @ 950kgs stripped

planning on using an stock r34 turbo we have lying around and running e85

now a pfc is obviously the best cheapish option

BUT

could we get away with just a SAFC2 & an SITC?

e85 uses around 30% more fuel and is useless with out timing adjustment so an sitc would be needed, but will the safc be able to bend the signal far enough for the fuel? i dont have any real experience with safc's

i figure both could be had for around $500 second hand so its gonna be half the price of a pfc

you can pick up a PFC without hand controller for under $700 if u shop around, and it has a better resale value than any of the other options when ur finished with it.

R34 turbo on SR20 ...

Aren't the flanges different???

You could make 200rwkw on E85 EASILY on a stock SR20 toooobo

Although you know what Hamish - SR20 ECU's run pig rich, so running E85 on a stock ECU might lean it up nicely - sure it might ping a bit, but it would be free :blink:

lol... d00d that is even too ghetto for teh pig...

yeah, was thinking of using an adaptor plate for the 34turbo, as we have one lying around (and a 33 one) but after speaking to trent i'm just gonna get a 2nd hand s15 turbo

you can pick up a PFC without hand controller for under $700 if u shop around, and it has a better resale value than any of the other options when ur finished with it.

true dat, but trent has hooked me up with a nistune board in ecu an case, so i'm stoked! deal DONE :)

ive seen non-handcontroller SR20 PFCS go for sub $700

either that or see sam - dr drift in brooklyn

can remap anything sr20 based and wins every time