SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

also, Which ones to get. Br type Rs, or VS ones? What does everyone recommend?

Oh and spring rates... I'm not looking for anything too hard! Does anyone have a link to the specifications?

What is the range of height adjustment for the Stagea? I can't seem to find it here! (I am tired though.. so be nice if it's obvious)

In BC's own material they claim to have 100mm of adjustment from std height.

There is not enough room under the rear to get that low. I was told they just select the appropriate spring rate for the vehicle, they did a pretty good job with it but im sure you could ask them for a particular rate if you were going to track it.

There is not enough room under the rear to get that low. I was told they just select the appropriate spring rate for the vehicle, they did a pretty good job with it but im sure you could ask them for a particular rate if you were going to track it.

There was a thread in suspension, a guy with a GTR asked for lighter spring rates than they normally supply in their external reservoir kit, and dampers were revalved to suit at no extra cost. So their service is pretty comprehensive, I don't think I've heard any negative feedback about them.

They are great quality to look at. I think because they are made by the company who manufacture a big brand and put the big brand label on.

Anyway, mine came with 10kg fronts and 12kg rears. cant comment on the ride as yet due to broken car

They have a firmed spring rate.

Having been a passenger and driver in Scott's M35 with the "cheaper" BC's, I can tell you that the ride is very nice for a daily.

Stay flat around corners and absorbs bumps easily without jolting through the seats.

• 4 weeks later...

all the 4WD suspension is the same. ARX is higher is all.

They dont recommend RS/RX suspension on ARX due to the larger rolling diameter wheels will foul the guards when you go that low

however, the BCs give you plenty of height adjustment to overcome that

Sorry for being a pain, my nets playing up so takes awhile to load otherwise i'd search.

Two suspension shops have told me 350Z and M35 are same coilovers, how ever Nissan are saying no.. Looking at a pair of Bilsteins for 350Z/350GT I don't see why they wouldn't fit, but would like to confirm first. Has anyone tried/succesfully fitted 350Z/350GT shocks?

Thanks

P.s for a RWD M35

Edited by JayM35

Sorry for being a pain, my nets playing up so takes awhile to load otherwise i'd search.

Two suspension shops have told me 350Z and M35 are same coilovers, how ever Nissan are saying no.. Looking at a pair of Bilsteins for 350Z/350GT I don't see why they wouldn't fit, but would like to confirm first. Has anyone tried/succesfully fitted 350Z/350GT shocks?

Thanks

P.s for a RWD M35

I think you'll find that the fronts will be the same as a V35, but the rears are obviously different from both the V35 and the Z33.

I think you'll find that the fronts will be the same as a V35, but the rears are obviously different from both the V35 and the Z33.

So that must mean V35 350GT coupe are different to V35 sedans etc?

The box of for the bilsteins I had were labelled V35 and Z33

• 2 weeks later...

all the 4WD suspension is the same. ARX is higher is all.

They dont recommend RS/RX suspension on ARX due to the larger rolling diameter wheels will foul the guards when you go that low

however, the BCs give you plenty of height adjustment to overcome that

I dont know if anyones confirmed, I read the whole thing and couldnt find a direct answer for the ARX.

I took Scottys old M35 Springs and Shocks. These Springs are for the V35 Skyline. The Shocks are exactly the same and the tyres now go *just* under the guard on all four. My exhaust hangs pretty low and I've had no problem with scraping, sideways it over the bumps :).

no rubbing touching funny noises nothing. The rides still abit soft lol definitely not like standard anyway. I found my rear suspension to be abit wobbely like though, but found that problem to be a snapped sway bar link will get around to it soon.

IMO it works fine. and being an ARX the body kit isnt as low as the Aero Kit or other kits. I like it, im not gonna put it on a track so I didnt see the reason to adjustables.