SAU Community

Turbo's Gone

Service the car often does not get rid of oil contamination problem. You won't be seeing them doing free warranty service or refund for sure. Thats the shit thing with Garrett BB turbos, They have very restrict border line for warranty and 99.99% time its not their fault. So you will be pissed and swearing with a dead turbo and it is bloody expansive to rebuild.

Smart business on their part more than anything else.

Accepting warranties for someone else's fault isn't smart business

Yeh for sure i can agree with that but a f*ked turbo after 7week's been run on low boost most of the time and installed by a well known company is crap there was nothing wrong with the install or services i bet i just got a dodgy shit turbo again and now have to suffer for it.

• 2 weeks later...

As a generalisation. If a turbo is faulty it will usually fail in the first 5 minutes of use.

Something else to think about when replacing a failed turbo is why did the first turbo fail?

Just slapping another turbo on there and expecting it to of fixed other problems that may have cursed the other turbo to fail is a bit reckless.

If a damaged turbo is replaced and the new turbo works for days, weeks or months before it fails it’s 99.99% of the time not a fault with the turbo.

Turbos are spinning anywhere from 60,000rpm to 180,000rpm so if the turbo is faulty it will self destruct very fast.

Edited by fantasy