SAU Community

will have to ask ken for that one, he purchased it from slide performance

pm him tomorrow 'KEN-R34'

for the record.. ive got my hands on an r34 gt-t too now, i cannot wait to burn this stock clutch out and put a 3 puck in it!! muahaha

Edited by snozzle

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

changing flywheel bolts is not a bad idea, if they have been used over and over you most probably want to change them, if the clutch has never been changed, i wouldnt be too fussed

the clutch install will be identical however removing and re-installing the gearbox will involve a few more steps, if you need any specific help just PM.

hope that helps

• 3 years later...

question gents how did you guys manage to remove the topmost bolt on the exhaust side. Did you have to remove the dump pipe at all cant see anything fitting in there and its harder than even the starter bolt. This is the one i have left before dropping the box.

managed to take out that bolt i was asking about before. Now my question is i have taken all the bolts pretty certain. But the box in not dislodging from the engine. I pulled out the pin that holds the throw out bearing too

Hey Bryce, im doing it too today on my Stagea. I know the bolt your talking about, mine was even worse (GTR box is longer)!

The box should start to separate with abit of a wiggle, if not, you must have missed one.

had the same problem, as my starter motor moulding was fouling on the tunnel. Had to get really close, then rotate it to position at the last minute to line up & pop in.

Did you use a clutch aligning tool or by feel?

The aligning tool I used wasn't perfect either. You have to feel & equal the distance between the clutch & pressure plate through the three gaps where the pressure plate springs attach to the diaphragm. Tighten the bolts up evenly & oppositely. Make sure you can move the aligning tool a few times to make sure it moves.

As long as those three gaps are fairly equal, it will be pretty much spot on. This the first time I've actually used an alignment tool (the apprentice did a clutch in his 33 & I thought I'd give it a go).

• 2 years later...