SAU Community

Stolen Car

nism0man

was onli insured third party so i dont know if it helps.

cheers for the concern guys it really helps.

ill keep u guys updated

Is it the added fire & theft one? If it is, it should be covered.

car was found and crash badly :) im going to check it out tommorw. it was found all the way in cannington

can u guys also keep an eye out for a gold gucci purse it belongs to my gf

it was important to her as it was a gift from friends. cheers

Thats horrible, sorry to hear about that :D hope it gets all sorted for you. Best of of luck on that.

apparently this is happening a bit more recently, people doing breakins for keys of imports, i keep mine hidden, but yeah read on silwa forums a few weeks ago about a very similar crime committed in perth.

Serious?! I'm hiding my keys (& wallet) from now on. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the keys were left in a safe place inside the house. This is so rude though and one reason why I used to sleep with my keys (when i lived in a dodgy area).

Will the insurance cover it? or are you stuck trying to repair?

For some reason someone keeps stealing cars and launching them off the roundabout on Ranford onto the lower new section. Some people have no respect! Good luck!

Andrew thats terrible, sorry to hear mate...mmmm sounds like it's time to transplant the running gear into something else. Race car?

i heard insurance doesnt cover you if they have the keys when they steal the car.

Theft is theft, it can make it more tricky to prove though

Hopefully they catch who did it otherwise I think you will unfortunately be left short changed by your insurance company. If you don't have third party with theft then they won't cover it at all, and if you do they'll only pay out a certain amount in some circumstances (last time i looked it was up to $10k with just cars).

just for u guys info...

the insurance company will not cover the car if the keys were left INSIDE the car.

For example.. leaving the keys in the ignition when going to pay for the fuel.

In other cases, they should pay out.

this is just getting way too out of hand, im hiding my keys from now on.

i hope for your sake its insured for a good amount and you get payed out, unfortunately the car just wont be the same again

as said earlier, yes the thief should have flown through the front windshield.

and +1 for pin code alarm systems

man did this happen friday night? cause i was driving near morley high and got pulled over. cops breatho-ed me and took my details saying there was a car like mine stolen around the area.. i drive a white r33 but... sorry to hear about this.

OMG, did they leave any of the panels intact? it looks like they managed to hit every one?! is it only panel damage or did they trash the interior as well?

That is a real shame as your car was in great nick.

One of the rules of life - "Never Fu#$ with another man's vehicle".

5 minutes alone with the bastards responsible would be a bonus.

So sorry to see the poor girl like that man, I hope the insurance side of things works out.

Woah, that is crazy. Sorry to see the c**ts did that much damage. Any word from the insurnace company?

Buy a GTS4 and swap the running gear etc across. There was one for sale for 6K with blown head gasket.