SAU Community

Hey guys im sure othere ppl hav posted this b4 but here i go. Iv been importing an r34 gtt and it is taking very long the importer keeps saying yer itl b here next week or tomoro or somthing like that when the day comes he ses customs is f*king him arnd my question is. Is it normal for somthing like this to happen or is somthing shifty going on. I been waiting abt 3 months and the car has been in Australia at customz for abt 1 month. im starting to get very annoyed

If you car has been on the docks for a month there are a few possible excuses:

1) Your car has swine flu, or loaded with cocaine, and has been pinged by customs

2) The workshop forgot to apply for import approval and they're still waiting on it

3) If you are paying your importer rather than the suppliers direct, your importer has run out of money and they won't release the car off the docks until the bills are paid.

Regardless of the reason, make sure you're not having to pay the storage fees.

Edited by Iron Chef

• 3 weeks later...
If you car has been on the docks for a month there are a few possible excuses:

1) Your car has swine flu, or loaded with cocaine, and has been pinged by customs

2) The workshop forgot to apply for import approval and they're still waiting on it

3) If you are paying your importer rather than the suppliers direct, your importer has run out of money and they won't release the car off the docks until the bills are paid.

Regardless of the reason, make sure you're not having to pay the storage fees.

hi been a little while i still havnt got my car. the importer sed that customs wanted the original pink slips of the car and that they only recently started asking for them n he didnt know. it sounds like a load of crap to me any1 know if this pink slip or deregistration stuff came out new or been arnd for a while? and how much would storage cost if its been in there for just say 2 months?

hi been a little while i still havnt got my car. the importer sed that customs wanted the original pink slips of the car and that they only recently started asking for them n he didnt know. it sounds like a load of crap to me any1 know if this pink slip or deregistration stuff came out new or been arnd for a while? and how much would storage cost if its been in there for just say 2 months?

It's completely normal for the importation process to include deregistration slips being verified. But normally that is done BEFORE the car is shipped to Australia. Customs would only ask for that documentation if they have reason to suspect foul play. Sounds interesting man, you could ring them diret and find out exactly what is going on?

• 1 month later...