SAU Community

Heya Guys.

im taking my car to the drags tomorrow night.

it has 217kw at all four wheels with 450 nm of torgue.

do u guys have an idea of what time id get ??

or whats the best tyre pressure psi on standard rims tyres 245/45/17's that are slightly bold lol :)

and would like to know. your power and times u have ran.

cheers Chris.

Depends on a few things.

How well your reaction time is?

Who gave you your Dyno sheet and was it accurate?

Who tuned your car?

Will it be wet or dry?

How good is your clutch?

I will though take a guess.

You will be in the high 12's.

Depends on a few things.

Who tuned your car?

Will it be wet or dry?

How good is your clutch?

ahh sweet. thanks for the reply.. ill let you know what i run tomorrow lol ( hopefully it is dry )

It's a little more complicated than "x" Power = "y" Time

you need to take into account suspension tune, driveline, how good you are between gears, all that stuff comes into account too.

That's why you haven't been inundated with figures.

Stock R33 GTR sould do about 13.7 secs, with 206 kW's.

(Nissan claim 206 kW's).

You with 217 kW's, you should do better then 13.7 secs.

Depending on how good your launch + (clutch, tyres, suspension + all your mods) and reaction time is, I would say high 12's.

14.9@98MPH

217KW WAS AT A FOUR WHEELS....He should get high 13's with that.

206KW From Factory is at the fly-wheel.....AT FOUR WHEELS is like 170KW....this is why a stock GTR does 13.5 seconds.

Got Boost and REV210...........really guys a holden does those times....

Chris....you are a laugh too.

206KW From Factory is at the fly-wheel.....AT FOUR WHEELS is like 170KW....this is why a stock GTR does 13.5 seconds.

yeah but, he hasn't run his car yet.

So until he does, he gets the appropriate response for a 'gonna'

14.9@98MPH

They would be alot meaner to him in the motorsport section :starwars:

haha. nah man i know what time gtr's run stock. mine was 166.7kw at all four wheels stock. now its 217 at all four wheels right.

stock standard with the full light wieght asian drivers.. iv seen em hit low 13's and a 12.9 .

but mine has heavy duty clutch ( gonna launch ride the clutch kinda launch so i dont bog down ) at about 4000 rpm

and hills motorsport tuned and dyno'd my car.

so yeh. unfortunetly i couldnt race. but i will be racing this wensday. so ill let yous know then

i know im an average drive ( 19 yr old.. bla blah too young ) ... but im hoping for low 13's high 12's

as im only launching at 4000 rpm

Depends on a few things.

Who tuned your car?

Will it be wet or dry?

How good is your clutch?

His reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with his quarter mile time...

The person that tuned the car has nothing to do with what quarter mile it'll do...

He won't be racing if it's wet...obviously...

If the dyno is accurate and isn't reading high and you do in fact have 217kw at the wheels, my guess, in a 33 GTR (if you can drive) would be a mid 12 at around 110mph.

For reference purposes, and this isn't the best reference...in a calais turbo auto with exactly 200kw at the wheels I did a 12.69@110mph. You should get a better 60 ft that that ever would've, effectively lowering your ET, and with a little more power, pull better mph. I'm just trying to factor in a little extra weight the 33 would be carrying, but yeah...anyway good luck.

His reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with his quarter mile time...

The person that tuned the car has nothing to do with what quarter mile it'll do...

He won't be racing if it's wet...obviously...

If the dyno is accurate and isn't reading high and you do in fact have 217kw at the wheels, my guess, in a 33 GTR (if you can drive) would be a mid 12 at around 110mph.

For reference purposes, and this isn't the best reference...in a calais turbo auto with exactly 200kw at the wheels I did a 12.69@110mph. You should get a better 60 ft that that ever would've, effectively lowering your ET, and with a little more power, pull better mph. I'm just trying to factor in a little extra weight the 33 would be carrying, but yeah...anyway good luck.

well said mate.. thank you very much

ill be sure to let yous all know soon