SAU Community

Rb28 Stroker On Rb25det

Hey all,

Been searching the threads and (i must be shit at searching em) but i can't seem to find anything on the RB28 stroker kit (Tomei/HKS) kits for the GT-R.

I recently read that the Tomei 2.8L kit is compatible with the RB25DET NEO engines and just wished to know if anyone has done this set up or knows what type of power the engine can hold once this is done?

I was thinking of doing the old 25/26 top end 30 bottom end but found engineering to be a problem with that and i dont want to get majorly defected and screwed for the engine. So looking at trying to keep current parts and engine in and keep it as legal as possible in that respect.

How do the RB25blocks hold with those kits? What power can you make with certain turbo set ups and the rest...if you can bore and stroke the engine to 2.8L like the RB26 does that mean you can make similar power figures aswell?

Only option i got now is to either buy a RB26DETT and build it and engineer it or buy this 2.8L stroker and build my engine or get a RB25DET (since my engine is RB25DE) and engineer that with no problems before storking it.

If anyone can point me to the right links, or answers even PM me i would greatly appreciate it. Just need those few things cleared up so i can actually look at buying one and start building my engine already!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Been searching the threads and (i must be shit at searching em) but i can't seem to find anything on the RB28 stroker kit (Tomei/HKS) kits for the GT-R.

I recently read that the Tomei 2.8L kit is compatible with the RB25DET NEO engines and just wished to know if anyone has done this set up or knows what type of power the engine can hold once this is done?

I was thinking of doing the old 25/26 top end 30 bottom end but found engineering to be a problem with that and i dont want to get majorly defected and screwed for the engine. So looking at trying to keep current parts and engine in and keep it as legal as possible in that respect.

How do the RB25blocks hold with those kits? What power can you make with certain turbo set ups and the rest...if you can bore and stroke the engine to 2.8L like the RB26 does that mean you can make similar power figures aswell?

Only option i got now is to either buy a RB26DETT and build it and engineer it or buy this 2.8L stroker and build my engine or get a RB25DET (since my engine is RB25DE) and engineer that with no problems before storking it.

If anyone can point me to the right links, or answers even PM me i would greatly appreciate it. Just need those few things cleared up so i can actually look at buying one and start building my engine already!

Here is the right link

everything, you need to know.......

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/inf/pdf/53_en.pdf

Why not just sell your r34 GT and buy a gtr? If you're going to modify a car that seriously you may aswell start with the top of line model that comes with all the extra goodys like bigger brakes, 4wd, better handling and an already more powerful engine. By the time you finish building your rb25 stroker you will of spent 20k easily and still be left with standard brakes, suspension, interior which will all need upgrading once you finish the engine.

my 2c.

Why not just sell your r34 GT and buy a gtr? If you're going to modify a car that seriously you may aswell start with the top of line model that comes with all the extra goodys like bigger brakes, 4wd, better handling and an already more powerful engine. By the time you finish building your rb25 stroker you will of spent 20k easily and still be left with standard brakes, suspension, interior which will all need upgrading once you finish the engine.

my 2c.

True. But then again people fall in love with their cars and in the modified car world its hard to be different and unique. If you have the cash, why not? I sure as hell would love to.

But then if you were to think about it from a calm and rational point of view, then yeah, you probably would get a GTR!

If people wanted to be unique they shouldn't buy one of the most popular import cars ever lol. Don't know how you could get so attached to an NA R34 that you wouldn't trade it for the top of the range model. Ahwell if we all did the same shit it would get boring pretty quick so go for it.

True. But then again people fall in love with their cars and in the modified car world its hard to be different and unique. If you have the cash, why not? I sure as hell would love to.

But then if you were to think about it from a calm and rational point of view, then yeah, you probably would get a GTR!

Dont fall in love with a car, normal people *GIRLFRIENDS* find it hard to understand why you just spend 20 grand on your car to make the engine bigger.

well sometimes. if u get lucky u find alot of things for cheap

but 10gz for a stroker kit. just leave it 2.6L

i wouldnt call any of these things cheap

but of course for someone whos apprentice mechanic that still lives at home with his parents with no Expenses but the car... i suppose to some people it wont... :D

my 2c.

i think the same

i personally dont like anything thats a Non GT-R.... in fact i HATE any skyline thats a NON GT-R

but ive come into terms with the fact that not everyone can afford one even if they wanted to.

as well as a public skyline forum...so people are free to ask whatever they want with thier car

im with beezle. just buy an r34 gtr. after all the money your gonna spend on the car u will be quik. but cant go fast cause u wont stop lol

Untill you meet a Ford Typhoon on the road right

:D

i wouldnt call any of these things cheap

but of course for someone whos apprentice mechanic that still lives at home with his parents with no Expenses but the car... i suppose to some people it wont... :D

i think the same

i personally dont like anything thats a Non GT-R.... in fact i HATE any skyline thats a NON GT-R

but ive come into terms with the fact that not everyone can afford one even if they wanted to.

as well as a public skyline forum...so people are free to ask whatever they want with thier car

i said nothing bout it being cheap. i said it was expensive. i said u can find some parts sometimes cheap. me being a mechanic i get trade prices, and know people in performance industry

and how do u know i live at home with my parents ? i dont pay bills.. debts.. pay the house off ??

and how do u know i live at home with my parents ? i dont pay bills.. debts.. pay the house off ??

guessing...

*19 yr old

*male

*Ethnic background

*apprentice mechanic's wage

*blows, most of the money on his car... (for that kind of chump change, and spending all your dosh on your car, you would not even have enough for rent a week living on your own, let alone the expenses)

:D