SAU Community

Vi-pec Ecu?

JamesK

Ok I think i might have seen a thread or 2 of this product around the forums but the stupid - in the name makes it impossible to search just was wondering people's experiences with this ECU and I think the obvious question: is it worth over a PFC? (Please don't kill me Paul) just curious

Little research

Vi-PEC

v88_a.png

V88 Model ECU

ViPEC fuel injection, and engine management systems, were developed for Ray Hall Turbo Pty Ltd to fill a gap in the market, for ECU that were reliable, powerful, easy to tune and having features that worked correctly. ViPEC is willing to listen to what the market wants, and is dedicated to giving customer excellent support.

ViPEC produces two engine management models, the V44 and V88. Also plugin ECU based on the V44 and V88 for Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda and Toyota cars. All offer three dimensional mapping of fuel and ignition and are full sequential up to eight cylinder. Support for up to twelve cylinder wasted spark. Also a four channel twin capacitor CDI ignition.

ViPEC software has advanced tuning tools like QuickTune which enables hands free tuning with no input is required from the user other than running the engine through its various RPM and load sites. Features TuneAhead™ which tunes cell around the site being tuned.

Motorsport features like Antilag, Flatshift and Launch control are standard features on the V44, V88 and plugin ECU.

The V88 model has E-Throttle (Electronic Throttle Control). This was devloped using automotive industry standards, and ensures accurate and safe throttle control.

Peak and hold injector drivers on the V88 are 10 amp. Both the peak Amps and hold Amps can be set separately in the software for optimum injector control.

The engine management systems are well designed with special attention to resistance to interference from other engine components. Main processor is soldered to the ECU board and not in a socket. This ensures a high level of reliability. All models can be upgraded by downloading the latest firmware.

Marine versions of the V44 and V88 are available. These are not just in a sealed case like other make ECU. The whole case of the ViPEC ECU are filled with Silicon making them 100% water proof at all times. The V44 model is ideal for small water craft like JetSki's. The V88 for ski race boats.

I just searched "dirtgarage" and "ECU" found this New Plug-in Ecu Coming, Better than Power FC and aussie made, also turned up Vi-pec Ecu, One for the wagon!! and Guilt-toy Installs Vipec V44 Plug In..

I've read good things about it, I was considering going E85 + this ECU when I go aftermarket turbo's which is looking like a long long time away. lol

HEY! Hamish havent seen you in a while hows everything bro, should of came to Pizza, but I neeeeedd mooorree powweerr....mind picking me some E85 while your at it? haha

if you are going to consider a vipec

go for an autronic or motec unit instead

probably the same price, more tuners available and probably better product support

given its more mature

yeah youd be better off going for autronic smc for sure

these range of ecu's are really geared, feature wise, price wise for motorsport competition

sure you can use it in a mild street no problems, but typically the cost and features dont suit

ie its too expensive and you dont need remote telemetry to track what gear you are in

Speak to Trent @ Status Tuning, he's had a play with some, i think he had some good things to say about them as well.

But he can also tune all the other ECU's mentioned in this thread, so he could give you an unbiased opinion on which one would suit you.

Do you have a powerfc already?

hey mate. I've got a vipec ecu running my r32 GTR. Straight plug and play and im really happy with it. Wouldnt go anything else. Cold start is amazing, running 800cc injectors, big cams and doesn't miss a beat. Plenty of protection, fuel cut options, boost cut, boost control. Got 420kW at all 4 at 22psi. Lovin it. For more info call scott at insight motor sport in Sydney. Great tuner! Knows his shit

Edited by MAD R32 GTR !