SAU Community

Turbo Timer Not Working

PIOTREK

Hey guys as the title says, gradually my turbo timer stopped working. It sometimes turned on and sometime it didn't.

I concluded that the problem is in some sort of connection. I took off the plastic surroundings and cleaned and soilders all the connections again. Since then it stopped turning on full stop.

I have looked at this tut showing how to do this (APEXI).

This is a photo of wat the connection looks like:

post-48038-1241842449_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions?

i know their very temperamental when i first put one in my car a few years back, make sure theres no lose connections! just go back and double check everything.

yer thats the next step, i just assumed that it was the connection near that hand brake.

Since i spent all day wiring up a sound system, cbf playing with more cable lol

if you already have the apexi harness, you could always just go to your local jap parts place or an online one and grab another 2nd hand apexi unit, they're only like $40.. might be less heartache trying to diagnose the current one

yer thats very true, i only really created this thread for people see the photo and tell me if the white wire (turbo timer) is hooked into the right point in the circuit. First i wanna make sure all the connections are correct otherwise its a waste of money.

• 14 years later...