SAU Community

What Non Nissan Would You Transplant An Rb26 Into?

I'm idly wondering whether one day I'd buy an 80s car and fit an RB26 into it.

several reasons: weight, uniqueness, RWD, and complete surprise (sleeper value).

so what models are great candidates?

I've read of a 318i that took an RB26 as a race setup. Two years and

an awesome result, but was done as a hardcore track car. The engine bay looked

a little cramped though.

Then there is the rips 240z. I'm sure a more streetable 240z with an RB26 would

be great fun.

so what else, apart from vin diesel's dodge charger.

edit: eg http://videos.streetfire.net/video/VW-Scir...DETT_210630.htm

rb26 in a vw sirocco.

Edited by moneypit

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, i wouldn't put a Rb into an old z car. Firstly: it just doesn't have that great old sound that the L series engine has. Secondly: Its been done before (though rb25 is more common). A turbo'd L series engine, on the other hand, is much rarer :down:

You could piss off many an American car fan and put a 26 into something nice & lightish like a C4 Corvette, however fitment of a longer engine might upset the weight balance I guess.

An 80's Volvo would be good.

And completely unrealistically, and stupidly... RB26 into some Morgan Plus 8 Turbo or similar.

A Galant/Legnum VR-4, 'tis my dream!

i've had a legnum, and there is not a hope in hell of fitting one in there, they have an east/west V6 with gearbox and transfer case all in the engine bay.

the 6A13TT engine + W5A51 gearbox is probably about as long as an RB26 by itself, so even an east/west fitment of it wouldn't work.

mitsubishi gto would be awesome, pity they same dramas as leggys with lack of room and no gearbox tunnel

just give it the same treatment as your track car, cut enough metal out and it will fit.. might just be in the passenger seat :P

just give it the same treatment as your track car, cut enough metal out and it will fit.. might just be in the passenger seat :P

ive thought about it before i got the track car but realised its alot of stuffing around when a gtr is alot less work, being different is sometimes a pain in the arse.

i saw a 1994 mitsubishi magna on car sales for $12000 about a year ago and i'm like wtf this guy is dreaming so i click on it and read about it and it had a bloody rb26 from a 32 in it LoL....talk about sleeper man. that thing would torque steer like a bloody idiot.

i'd put in a cressida. that would be nice.

i saw a 1994 mitsubishi magna on car sales for $12000 about a year ago and i'm like wtf this guy is dreaming so i click on it and read about it and it had a bloody rb26 from a 32 in it LoL....talk about sleeper man. that thing would torque steer like a bloody idiot.

i'd put in a cressida. that would be nice.

any pics of it?

i find that hard to beleive, as its in the same boat as the legnum/gto.

they all run east/west engines and no transmission tunnel, so would likely have no room to fit a 26 in, especially not a gearbox.

An old mercedes perhaps. Convertible. Although on second thoughts .. they are too heavy.

I wouldn't mind doing it on a mid-90's 500SL, I love those cars, wonderful fun to drive. Cruising with the top down with a nice blow off valve sound would be great IMO.

i know what you mean mate but i saw it with my own eyes lolz and it seemed pretty legit. no pictures man. it was funny cause it still had the hubcaps and everything stock. no exterior modifications. just rb26 that made like 300kws or so.