SAU Community

What Non Nissan Would You Transplant An Rb26 Into?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of getting shot. *dons flame suit of +5 fire resistance*

I wouldn't consider putting an RB26 into anything other than a GTR or GTS4. Too costly to maintain. Oil problems. Damaged bearings are damn common. On a plus side heaps of aftermarket support.

You want to do an engine swap into something different? Well its going to be hard anyhow if the engine doesn't belong there. Just be done with it and use a 2JZ-GTE or twin turbo/supercharge a 1UZ-FE.

pretty sure it was front

:P

i'm pretty sure i know the car you're talking about... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sl...ay-t191543.html

in which case, it was proven to not be a magna engine bay.

there is NO way a 26 will fit north/south in a magna engine bay as its not very deep, and designed for east/west engines.

there is also NO way a 26 will fit east/west with a gearbox attached to the back of it, my legnum had a V6 which was almost half the size, and the gearbox used to hang under the chassis rail as it was, let alone with a straight 6.

Dont know why, but ive always thought of a VL Calais, Rb26 on a 30 bottom, T51R etc as a thing that would be a fun toy for skidpans and generally driving like a dickhead.

Shame all the douchebags with dose etc have f*ked it up.

And its by FAR the easiest non nissan chassic to do that to for obvious reasons

Dont know why, but ive always thought of a VL Calais, Rb26 on a 30 bottom, T51R etc as a thing that would be a fun toy for skidpans and generally driving like a dickhead.

Shame all the douchebags with dose etc have f*ked it up.

And its by FAR the easiest non nissan chassic to do that to for obvious reasons

VL Calais, 26/30, T51R, Transbrake.

i'll take one!

LC or LJ Torana. A nice VK commodore with vl k frame and mounts.

A c110 skyline and a 180b/200b coupe, but theyre Datsuns. Mk3 supra

I remember that rb26 magna, it was converted to rwd if i remember correctly. It had a tranny tunnel cut and welded in, no idea what rear end they used. Was plain white with the standard 14's on it. The owner had too much money.