SAU Community

R34 Gt To Gt-r Conversion

wow, signed up to that site, read it all.. 15k to get it all done??

thats crazy!

wait.. was that in UK?

if it is in UK then it's about the same, not too sure what the currency is at now ..

got my car for 15-16k, a guy in melbourne got me a very good deal. I think the whole conversion + a little bit of performance work and some interior work will work out to around 15-16 as well ... so yeah..

also, i talked to a panelbeater today, he was worried the standard gt-r parts might not fit and that i might need a custom kit designed to fit a gt. Anybody encountered this problem before?

If so, then I'll definitely go for the east bear gts-r kit.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Daniel (SS8_Gohan) is the only bloke on here who's got the genuine East Bear GTS-R body kit on his car, so throw him a PM maybe he can give share his experiences,

From what i've heard it's very very durable for a fiberglass kit, being able to withstand Australian roads and bumps, they do cost a pretty penny tho, between 6-8K for the full kit, definitely worth it though, by far the best option.

Keep your old bumpers though in-case you decide to sell your car because there's no way people will pay much in terms of a premium for aftermarket bits, no matter how dear they are

Here's a few pics (hope you don't mind Daniel)

post-55803-1243006147_thumb.jpg post-55803-1243006111_thumb.jpg

All the best champ, be sure to post up pics!

yeah im quite sure he was in UK ... if u double the money its about the same price as it is here

damn thats really expensive! i think it'd only be around ... 3k (its around 1.5k for the parts for front, assuming same for rear half) for the whole gt-r conversion pieces, before fitted/sprayed though.

east bear kit is very nice, but you do miss out on the wide fenders, was hoping i could find some aftermarket wide gtt fenders, but you do have the guarantee that it will fit easily on a gt-t since it was made for it ..

thanks for that, gonna PM him right away :(

* does anybody know if the gt-r fenders will fit onto my car if i put the gts-r east bear kit on?

Edited by Jonno34

yeah im quite sure he was in UK ... if u double the money its about the same price as it is here

damn thats really expensive! i think it'd only be around ... 3k (its around 1.5k for the parts for front, assuming same for rear half) for the whole gt-r conversion pieces, before fitted/sprayed though.

east bear kit is very nice, but you do miss out on the wide fenders, was hoping i could find some aftermarket wide gtt fenders, but you do have the guarantee that it will fit easily on a gt-t since it was made for it ..

thanks for that, gonna PM him right away :(

* does anybody know if the gt-r fenders will fit onto my car if i put the gts-r east bear kit on?

The East Bear Kit is set up for the GTT so it means the front bar lines up with the standard front fenders and the front fenders line up to the GTT Side Skirts so i.e all you need to change is side skirt to the east bear skirt and the front bar .If you go down the road of changing Front Fenders to GTR then you will have to change the side skirts to GTR to line up to the front fenders, then that will also mean you possibly will have to change to R34 GTR Rear guards to line up to the rear of the side skirts unless you push it in a little and bolt it to fit (this is what MATT (RE Customs R34 car did) he has GTR front fenders and GTR side skirts but still kept the standard GTT rear quarters. So if you choose to change the rear quarter to GTR then you will also need to change the rear bumper to a GTR as well and also not forgetting the tail light covers will need changing as they are slightly different of not forgetting you will also need to change your petrol lid as well ($100 import for nissan japan -unpainted) so there is a couple of options.I do suggest if you choose to go GTR then buy second hand body parts as oem from Nissan Japan will empty your bank account real fast.

example :

R34 GTR Side Skirt RH part numbers : 76856-AA407 & 76852-AA407 ( estimate australian dollars $1100 - they come painted )

R34 GTR Side Skirt LH part numbers : 76857-AA407 & 76853-AA407 ( estimate australian dollars $1100 - they come painted )

R34 GTR Petrol/Fuel Lid Cover part number : 78830-AA400 ( estimate australian dollars $100 - $120 unpainted )

also if you do go the East bear option and you choose to go through Powerplay, i do hope you live in sydney and deal direct with them as their customer service and business tatics are very questionable to a few of us inter state buyers, im still owed over $2000 plus for a East bear bonnet which i never recieved over 2 years go now,anyway sorry got off topic ,you can do a search on powerplay yourself.

but good luck which ever direction you choose.

I chose full GTR all round as i found it cheaper purchasing parts from Japan auctions etc (although i did buy the front fenders from Josh at JSAI, very pleased)

all the best

Cheers,

David.

Unfortunately, I live in WA, and can't seem to find a good importer of parts who will do it for a reasonable price down here.

Was quoted some ridiculously high figures yesterday when i went to talk to one of them.

But i do have some family in sydney, might get them to help out a bit :)

Starting to question the whole conversion, could end up being a similar price for a gt-r :(

I pm'ed the guy who did the conversion on the skyline owners club (He was in UK)

and he gave me a list of parts i would need for the front ..

Unfortunately it is not quite as straight forward as i hoped there is a good bit of modifying to be done. for the fort end you will require:

gtr front fenders

gtr front splash guards or gtt ones can be modified to fit the wider arches buy drilling new holes.

gtr bonnet and hinges.

gtr bumper

gtr reinforcement bar or gtt bar can be modified to fit gtr bumper.

gtr bonnet catch

did anybody else need this many parts for the front?

also, the workshop i talked to yesterday told me the gt-r parts may not fit my car ... could be some problems

any similar problems NZMO?

cheers

jonno

I pm'ed the guy who did the conversion on the skyline owners club (He was in UK)

and he gave me a list of parts i would need for the front ..

Unfortunately it is not quite as straight forward as i hoped there is a good bit of modifying to be done. for the front end you will require:

gtr front fenders not needed if you modify the front bar to fit GTT like i had done

gtr front splash guards or gtt ones can be modified to fit the wider arches buy drilling new holes.

gtr bonnet and hinges.

gtr bumper

gtr reinforcement bar or gtt bar can be modified to fit gtr bumper. yes modification needed

gtr bonnet catch

did anybody else need this many parts for the front?

also, the workshop i talked to yesterday told me the gt-r parts may not fit my car ... could be some problems

any similar problems NZMO?

cheers

jonno

Simple Answer : MONEY ,,,,and any part can be made to fit your car.

haha cheers, im quite sure now im set for the east bear kit

the full gt-r conversion looks very complicated and expensive, the east bear looks simple and good

oh my god ... i just called powerplay imports this morning, the kit costs around 6.5k +++

dont know what im going to do, but i looked on the east bear site, the whole kit there costs around 3.5k ...

oh my god ... i just called powerplay imports this morning, the kit costs around 6.5k +++

dont know what im going to do, but i looked on the east bear site, the whole kit there costs around 3.5k ...

Wow suprised they answered the phone ,miracles do happen i guess.

yeah 3.5K (not delievered)

have you tried RHD Japan, it will give you a total cost with deliery included for the kits

Click Here link

it will be probably close if not a little more than powerplay.

it costs 3k to deliver a body kit from japan? oh my god thats terrible ...

I have a friend in Japan and another friend who is a pilot, he mentioned once that he can send some stuff i need for like 10% the price or something. Gotta check that out .. might work out alot cheaper.

worked out to about 7k total cost for the whole kit from RHD japan.

yeah they didnt pick up their phone on saturday on friday, got lucky then haha

it costs 3k to deliver a body kit from japan? oh my god thats terrible ...

I have a friend in Japan and another friend who is a pilot, he mentioned once that he can send some stuff i need for like 10% the price or something. Gotta check that out .. might work out alot cheaper.

worked out to about 7k total cost for the whole kit from RHD japan.

yeah they didnt pick up their phone on saturday on friday, got lucky then haha

Well Jonno, think of it this way , at least it will test your dedication to this project. like myself i have gone past the point of going back so its no longer a money thing,it has become something i must finish now no matter how much money i loose /spend in the long run.I love my ride and love the hobby of tinkering doing all this so its worth it in my opinion, each to their own i guess.

but i can understand how many have not gone through with it when they realise the costs involved, they could have saved the money and sold their r34 and bought a GTR for the costs but hey not everyone has 10-15 large sitting around in one hit to sell their car and add it together to buy a 34GTr. so this is the alternative.

yeah im quite sure i'll stick to modifying my car, insurance costs for a twin turbo/turbo are a fair bit larger anyway, it'd work out more expensive in the long run and this way I get to do it up exactly as i want to

need to work out the cost of doing the full conversion... i'd prefer it that way but i think some parts of the actual gt-r dont fit perfectly on without some modification, so a bit worried about that bit.

btw, a bit off topic but finished respraying the centre panel of the interior today same as gt-r (silver down the bottom, black up the top) but i kept the ashtray black, thought it looked better that way :)

FYI I think its monkey warehouse or someone similar who sells a GTT widebody kit to make GTT a GTR. $350 for rear buldges and $300 for GTR copy fenders. Fibreglass im sure you know.

Rear wing can be sourced overseas for about $350-400 delivered.

Front bar is easy to get once you've found those GTR fenders about $700-$1000 depending on bar.

Rear bar will now fit no problems with wide body. ($700 - $1000)

You will also need GTR Rear lamp covers or modifications to them.

A Fuel cap cover in metal is advised.

Side skirts will now need to be modified to fit however should not be difficult with wide body (they will need to be fattened as widebody is not all the way down) $400-$600 (hard to source)

GTR wheels $2000

Bonnet $1000 - $3000 original.

Hindges - $150-200

Cheaper option is to source a body kit for GTR, EG Z tune $1000 or so then a nice z tune hood hindges and the wide body and you'll save about $4000 as you wont need to original nissan body parts.

You will need to then respray the car a desired colour.

I think the cheapest option is contact Jet speed (or check out website) and get the front bar they've made for GTT and build the car around it. Its honestly pointless.

Enjoy - P.S not worth it

Edited by DECIM8

Hey Jonno, you do what you want mate, im doing it and its fun, im enjoying, like i said to me it aint about the money ,its about the enjoyment of doing it,its your ride your the one who is driving it.

yeah at the moment its pretty much deciding between the east bear gts-r kit, and the full gt-r front end conversion for now (z-tune front bumper from jsai, stock fenders looking at the ones from vivagarage 300 for both, and the hood I am still trying to find, trying to find the same type of bonnet used in the new fast/furious 34 gt-r),

going to contact JSAI and C-Red in perth who also sells the east bear kit and see which one will work out best for me, alot of phone calls to make soon.