SAU Community

R34 Gt To Gt-r Conversion

if they were just wider gt-t fenders i dont think anything would need to change since they were made for the gt-t..

if u meant gtr fenders though then yeah you'd probably have to change fenders, skirts, and rear bumper, and yeah you'd need a custom made bumper that fits the gtr fenders n stuff, what r u planning to do with ur car?

btw i think some places do make custom body kits but those would cost aloot im quite sure

fibreglass kits arent BAD though right? most kits use it ...

still hoping for a east bear kit though, no luck on a second hand one, gonna keep trying to get in touch with jsai to ask him bout the full conversion, which really could be cheaper than the east bear ..

its all so confusing ..

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if i were to use fenders made for a gtt together with my exsisting gtt front/side skirts and rear bar, then part of my wide rims would still stick out? eg: between the front fenders, front bar and side skirts and between the rear fenders side skirts and rear bar. Catch my drift? I think my only option would be to use both front and rear GTR fenders mated to a gtr bodykit but get a custom front bar.

the gt-r conversion costs alot mate, im almost about to back down n just put a nice gt-t kit on :|

if you change the fenders you have the change pretty much the whole car i think.. which will cost alot of money

why a custom front bumper? my favourite part of the gt-r is the special front bumper, which involves changing the hood

now at the risk of sounding completely retarded, in what way do you mean your rims stick out? i think r34s are only allowed to have 18 inch rims anyway...

sorry if thats really dumb ..

anybody know where to get a gt-r hood that looks like the one in the latest fast furious?

i cant find them anywhere, its pretty much the same as the z-tune one but without those extra vents inside of it...

east bear makes a nice one, but i don't know if that would fit other gt-r bumpers/fenders, and it'd prob be extra pricey since its plastic too ...

Edited by Jonno34

dude, look close. They're two completely different bumpers. The one on the previous page looks like dog crap.

the ebay link should not be using pictures of a completely different bumper

haha yeah but apparently you modify it a bit, its on this thread here...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...85#entry4630285

you remove the weird little bars in the grill area, and i think in the nicer one posted on the ebay site a mole was fitted too ...

*edit* was mainly worried that you'd seen the kit before and it wasnt very good quality or something ..

i think its the west yokohama kit? never heard of them before..

any idea on where to get that hood before btw?

Edited by Jonno34

looks like an east bear bonnet, which would suggest it's originally something else

trans.gif

check the big names, top secret, jun, c-west, etc etc. But you can get it from East Bear

and no, they're still two completely different bumpers even without the middle things and you can tell from ebay link that the shape of it is shite.

yeah i thought the bonnet vents on the ebay kit looked a bit dodgy, but i was hoping it'd be the angle or something ..

wishful thinking :banana:

yeah east bears so far the only company i can find with it, i think i've seen it on a few sites but their always in carbon fibre and not sold there in fibreglass/FRP ..

will the east bear bonnet fit onto a normal gt-t front bumper with a mole?

im thinking about the z tune gt-t bumper from JSAI with the mole in this pic, i think its n1 mole.

this kit usually uses a gt-t bonnet, so not too sure if east bear would work, but vivagarage sells a nice hood with the vent the way i like it but for a gt-t, so that should work out well.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6272/rimg0036xv7.jpg

or hopefully i can find the REAL west yokohama kit, not too sure if i'd have to use a gt-t or gt-r hood for this one though.

have to look into it a bit more.

going to go check out which other companies make that hood ..

cheers

hey good news!

c-red is bringing in a few more r34 east bear kits, i just called them

cost about 3k for the whole set.

Thats good news, let us know how it goes, also is that 3K for the whole kit front/sides/rear ? or just the front?

well this is also on my list of things to do.

i just managed to finish my rb2630 build and just waiting on a tune, hoping for a good 400rwkws.

also purchased GTR bonnet struts and latches a few months back.

so all i basicly need to do is get some guards and front bar.

im planning on a genuine Do Luck front which i got quoted from Import Monster for 2.5k and Z tune Guards. However i really wanted to buy the guards from Jsai to save money but i hear they have ripped off heaps of ppl.

=[

n714504119_1585301_2786.jpg

Thats good news, let us know how it goes, also is that 3K for the whole kit front/sides/rear ? or just the front?

whole kit :blink: including bonnet, which is a good deal considering its east bear, however he did say it was fibreglass, not plastic as powerplay in sydney said.

i have to email them to confirm, waiting on a reply, but thats what he said over the phone

whole kit :blink: including bonnet, which is a good deal considering its east bear, however he did say it was fibreglass, not plastic as powerplay in sydney said.

i have to email them to confirm, waiting on a reply, but thats what he said over the phone

yeah 3k for the whole kit, have to email to confirm, still waiting on his reply, but he said 3k over the phone

hey japmuscle will the gt-r nismo struts fit my car? mine are leaking and i have to get them changed and one of my mates said he'd let me have his struts cheap since he upgraded them to teins, but he's got a gt-r.

i think jsai are quite good, i've heard alot of good things about them and seen that alot of people have bought for him, but he does seem a bit unreliable to contact, but i doubt he would rip people off, its just bad business.

btw what bonnet is that on the black 34? i've been looking around for something like that, cant really find much besides the east bear one, most of them make it similar to the z tune bonnet, or in carbon fibre only, hard to find a fibreglass one ..

does jsai still in business?

their website is dead, i cant contact them...

also does anyone try this gtr style front bar?

r34gtrstyle.jpg

Hi! i tried this bumper, but i modded the grill part. Check it out:

cimg0707kt.jpg

cimg0705iv.jpg

If your wonder what that pinkish color stuff is? its body filler, when i modded the grill.

Bumper will still needs to be sprayed

unless c-red wants to lose money, they won't be able to do the whole kit for $3k.

Here's the YEN ONLY prices direct from East Bear

157500- front bumper

58800 - bonnet

63000 - rear bumper

56700 - side skirts

50400 - underspoiler kit

there are some slightly cheaper prices if you buy a combo of stuff.

So YEN ONLY you're up to 329700 @ 76 yen = $4338 AUD - that's JUST parts.

Doesn't include GTR components needed for the bonnet, fitting or spraying either. Oh and a little thing called "shipping" as well. Plugging the PARTS ALONE into importmonsters calculator gets you a $6k price tag delivered @ 77 yen.

Then perhaps add $1k for spraying/fitting (cheap price) and we're back at that ~$7k mark.