SAU Community

R34 Gt To Gt-r Conversion

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7k for a bodykit..imagine the power you could get for 7k.

why not have both - power and style,its only money..........

Sadly it does not grow on tree's.

I like my genuine Cwest kit, it was under 7k, but not by a lot, haha.

I want a ZTUNE Bonnet next.

Cwest is nice indeed, but yes expensive also

yeah i was wondering bout that, but they did say its fibreglass, but im quite sure the east bear kit is plastic so not too sure how it works, will confirm with c-red when they reply my email, i think that should be relatively soon, will let you guys know when i find out.. but i really hope its around 3-4k for the kit.

maybe they get it cheaper than retail ... really no idea, but again, i'll confirm with you guys after i get the email from them

yeah the top secret bonnet is pretty nice, havnt been able to find a relatively affordable fibreglass/plastic version though.

1k only for fitting and spraying?

wow thats pretty damn good, i was quoted 2.5k to fit/spray half a kit on by a little company in perth, i've got to look around a bit more, but i was pretty sure he was a bit expensive ...

whoops, that reply was for the last page, didnt see that so much new stuff had been posted ..

i dont really feel the urge for a huge amount of power atm, but im sure the urge will come soon enough.

haha.. wish i had a money tree in my back garden .. i think im gonna be needing it soon

have you factored in rims and suspension? kit will look horrid without. And don't JUST get lowered springs...

Front bumper is urethane (hence the price) but i there might be a fibreglass version as well. But everything is fibreglass, skirts, lower skirts, rear bumper. I don't believe you can get anything else in plastic.

So price difference would be negligible even if the front bumper is fibreglass.

well we'll see, like i said, it was an estimate from him over the phone .. and he will confirm the prices over an email hopefully soon...

yes, looking for rims atm, hoping to do the whole exterior in one go. (rims + bodykit + lower)

considering either some nice 5 spoke volks, need to have a proper look around when i have time, but the few nice rims i have seen are volks, or if i can find a well priced set the standard gt-r rims since they are quite nice.

my mate can hook me up with his old r34 nismo gt-r struts, but i really dont know if that will fit my gt

and yes definitely will lower it, but i drive the car a fair bit, so probably not too low since the road i take most has a ridiculous amount of speed humps ..

i really do want the kit though, and if it is 3k, then probably my cheapest option and i would get it regardless, all depends on c-red's email, if that fails ill look around for the west yokohama or do the nismo gt-t bumper from jsai

im gonna get this done no matter what though :)

*edit* hoping to spend in total around 10k (or less hopefully) for the exterior (rims about 2-2.5k, body kit fitted/sprayed around 6k, suspension/lowering unsure of price, must check around)

and probably another 2k or so on interior (just some nice seats and of course rails)

Edited by Jonno34

GENUINE west yoko doesn't look much chop IMO

i reckon your best bet is the JSAI stuff, from all accounts, you do get through eventually. You'll get what you want without the massive EB price tag

yeah if the east bear from c-red works out to be too expensive again, i'm planning the nismo z tune gt-t bar with n1 lip mole, vented hood from vivagarage, east bear rear since its relatively cheap and i like the stock side/rear look, some of the other kids go wayy over the top and its not very practicle for day to day use anymore.

really hope that it goes for around 3k, but not overly optimistic about it.

hopefully he'll reply tomorrow, he seemed like he'd be good about his emails.

the west yoko kit looks pretty tough to find anyway, would rather buy local and save all the hassles of importing parts

How about someone sources a GTT nismo kit and fits it too the JSAI kit with Josh's help it will then look "good"

The actual first GTT done lives/visits my appartment so I see it every weekend or so, it looks shit. I think its just that grill!

• 2 weeks later...

I used to ask them for this kit but just thinking about who can fit it for me.

The problem is just the rear panel. It will cost you $3k for the whole kit (without painting and fitting it).

Then, you'll become Z-tune

90391256.jpg

86578270.jpg

50727896.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

guys, bad news, i called again to confirm with C-Red about the east bear kit, before i went over, and apparently their not bringing in the kit anymore.

Pretty confused since they told me they would over the phone the first time.

Maybe i'll try calling them another day and see what happens, but it was the same person both times ...

i was quoted 7k to fit a body kit on and spray my car a new color btw, was horrified (not from c-red)

back to the drawing board for me, but im planning on putting on a nice gt-t kit on for now, then sell and buy a gt-r later. gonna check out genuine west yokohama kit first though, east bear is definitely out, far too expensive now.

ninepond what kit is that? looks similar to east bear, but front and rear fenders have been changed.. very nice though.