SAU Community

Newbie With An R33

G'day all!

I've recently brought a slightly done up R33 GTST T25 . 95 skyline and absoloutly loving it! Only thing is, is i don't know exactly what's been done to it and want to know. I know it's got a bit of turbo work and a nice big HKS front mount and Plazmaman piping and a new heavy duty clutch... but he didn't have papers for any of it. I know that's suss and all but i couldn't resist buying it.

Anyway, i just want to know a bit more of what i've got and what i'm running. I'm a bit down on knowledge for cars these days so any imput or comments would be great.

Cosmeticly she needs a tad of tlc but i will get to that in due time... when i've got money haha.

101_0054.jpg

101_0055.jpg

Hey man im a similar situation as I have just bought an R34 GTT and the dude i bought it off told me hes had the turbo high flowed but im not sure how i tell if its really done, other than pulling the thing apart which im not experienced enough to do :D

Yeah i'm only on my L's at the moment. Had a bit of troubles being able to go for my licence. I can go for my p's now but why do that when i wouldn't be able to drive my baby? I'll just stick with my L's for the moment. Until i can take out the turbo i guess.

hahaha, this is fkn funny. Sorry dude to laugh at your expense but who goes and buys a turbo car and then thinks they can take the turbo off and vic roads will go "arrh ok well if you have taken the turbo off i suppose it's all good, just make sure you don't put that nasty turbo back on again!"

Thanks Joshington that was one of the best laughs I've had in a while. Hope you get it all sorted.

Just FYI as well Joshington, there was at least one other thread started recently about the same thing, basically the car's build plate will say that it is a turbo, and that in VicRoad's eyes means that you can't drive it, even if you happen to take the turbo off. (not to mention it's an incredibly daft thing to do lol)

Just FYI as well Joshington, there was at least one other thread started recently about the same thing, basically the car's build plate will say that it is a turbo, and that in VicRoad's eyes means that you can't drive it, even if you happen to take the turbo off. (not to mention it's an incredibly daft thing to do lol)

yeah sounds like he jumped the gun....... couldnt wait

the best thing is to sell the damn thing....... go through all the P's....

and then buy something better in the end

you wont regret it in the end

Yeah i'm only on my L's at the moment. Had a bit of troubles being able to go for my licence. I can go for my p's now but why do that when i wouldn't be able to drive my baby? I'll just stick with my L's for the moment. Until i can take out the turbo i guess.

That gave me a good laugh!