SAU Community

Gtr35 Prices Drive Away

Doos

does anyone know how this compares to what the original 32, 33 and 34 gtr's sold for when they were new? both vspec and non vspec?

how much were they? anyone have the facts!? :rolleyes:

i had the aust delivered r32gtr which was bought for 125k + onroad

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stamp duty in WA is waaay higher than other states. Around 6%

I paid $167100 in SA Gunmetal non premium

yes i do know the stampduty is higher, but cant be as much as 20k difference.

gunmetal is 187.5k drive away here in WA.

:P

To give you an idea for when you go in to bargain the Nissan dealer down for a new R35 GTR, the company I work for has a nissan franchise, but we are not a platinum dealer, so no GTR.

If there is almost 15k discount in a 50k Navara, what do you think they are holding back on 180k worth of GTR??

To give you an idea for when you go in to bargain the Nissan dealer down for a new R35 GTR, the company I work for has a nissan franchise, but we are not a platinum dealer, so no GTR.

If there is almost 15k discount in a 50k Navara, what do you think they are holding back on 180k worth of GTR??

Hey, this car costs them max 130K IMHO.

guys, i have just been told by another dealer that there will be another price rise for cars delivered after 30th june 2009 , is this true?

or just a trick he is using trying to get me buy the car that he has coming to his dealer next month and just before the close of financial year?

that sounds like a sales ploy to me - the guy you know is working on achieving his fiscal year target haha

i might be wrong although im also in sales (not cars)

You are forgeting that dealers want to make some money somewhere and they are not making any selling a Navara with $15k discount even though Nissan are giving them half of the $15 k.

Another thing to consider with expensive cars, every $1 they discount the car buy they only loose 52 cents in NSW . 33 cents goes to LCT, 10 cents to GST and 5 cents to stamp duty. A $10 k discount on th GTR will reduce the dealers proffit by $5200!!!

The reason the price went up was the increase in the LCT from 25% to 33% or around $8 k on a $160 k car.

Edited by wrxhoon

Agreed. Dealers don't make much money selling the car, although they will try to. Generally though to make anything they have to sell you options and get you back for servicing.

I worked for a large company that did the dealer extras like paint protection etc. and can tell you that good rust proofing (NOT electronic) is the only thing worth having. It's a prick of a job to do for the sprayer and it works bloody well.

Electronic ones are shite and we sold them for $120 to the dealer, who charged $800

Tint with lifetime warranty was $130, they on-sold it for $580

Paint protection, well the bottle cost us about $40 and did about 6-7 cars, they charged $250 a pop.

bastards.... and yet they get upset if you even suggest that car salesmen are scum

You are forgeting that dealers want to make some money somewhere and they are not making any selling a Navara with $15k discount even though Nissan are giving them half of the $15 k.

Another thing to consider with expensive cars, every $1 they discount the car buy they only loose 52 cents in NSW . 33 cents goes to LCT, 10 cents to GST and 5 cents to stamp duty. A $10 k discount on th GTR will reduce the dealers proffit by $5200!!!

The reason the price went up was the increase in the LCT from 25% to 33% or around $8 k on a $160 k car.

They raised the price in the USA by $7000-8000 stately extra production costs. That price is the reason for the $8k price increase I believe in Australia as well. For all cars delivered after June 30th or something like that.

Doo's if you get one mate, do not, i repeat DO NOT, get "paint protection", it is possibly the biggest rip-off in new car sales this side of the GTR servicing costs. I know some manufacturers charge nearly $1k!! (might cost them $75 for the kit).

Yeah, i wouldnt do it either...

I was just stating this was the deal on the table from the dealership to retain my business...

Instead I went to BMW...

No that was 3 days ago. Gold Coast had super silver in stock ready to go & Adelaide could supply gun metal in august & another black one in sept (according to sales manager) I expect Adelaide to always be more. Dealers here dont think we would ever cross the border! The BMW dealer here is amazing.....you want discount!!! the last few cars I have bought have been from interstate.

Yeah, i wouldnt do it either...

I was just stating this was the deal on the table from the dealership to retain my business...

Instead I went to BMW...

lol i took a lady freind out to look at some years ago to look at some girls type cars.....just to play devils advocate

the guy kept talking up paint protection during the sales process and i advised in the beggining that was something that we did not want

he was adament to sell it to her though

so i said are these cars prone to rust? is that why you have mentiond p,p like 15 times in the last 30 minutes?

and he started stuttering and then we left

I'm reading here that people think there is $15K margin/discount on a top of the range D40 Navara ST-X 4x4 Crew Cab turbo-diesel. Please tell me you people are taking the piss? I've never read such a mistruth in my life!

The Navara D40 ST-X dual cab 4x4 turbo-diesel manual has a retail price of $47,860 + ORC (auto is $50,110 +ORC). The dealer would be lucky to have $4,000 margin!. There has been a national retail offer on this vehicle (on 2008 plated vehicles) for $39,990 +ORC to ABN Holders (a $7,870 discount). Nissan would be subsidising dealers to the tune of about $3000-$3500 of this and dealer contributing ALL their margin to do this kind of a deal. I talk from 7 years previous dealer experience and 15 years in the motor industry.

A GT-R would probably hold about $16-18K dealer margin, plus whatever they charge for dealer delivery (not sure what prep costs are involved tho).

I reckon, buy a GT-R in 12 months time...see if you get charged silly dealer delivery. In Victoria at least, in 12 months I reckon $164K on road would be more than enough for a GT-R standard at a current RRP's.

wheneva I have bought cars I have always worked on not to offer anything less than a 10% discount of total driveaway price.. I'll be buying next years GTR model (I'm in no rush, may aswell wait and see what revisions they make).. Interesting how much it will be next year and how much I can bargain down.