SAU Community

The R35 Calming Effect

BARCODE

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the calming effect the R35 has on the boy racers.Especially the XRSSHSV ute brigade.I've got a nicely modified 300zx that every time I drive it some young V8 boy wants to race me.Since I've had the R35 the same dudes just want to wave to me or give me the thumbs up and take photos.Not even a hint of mines faster than yours which I'm loving as I do need my licence and in this car there is no stealth mode and I'm finding I have to check the speedo more often as what feels like 260 can quite easily be closer to 280.Got to say though when you do give it a bit I love the sound the turbos make and that's without a Willal Racing mid pipe which will be my first mod.(Martin Donnon from Willal Racing has not payed for this ad for any Willal Racing GTR products that I may or may not of mentioned)(spoken very quickly)but check out his website and have a look at the oil analysis photos.Very scary.I know I'm going on a road trip to SA.That's South not Skylines.As someone that believe it or not has not actually yet driven... say for example ,an F1 car but has driven that other techno marvel the NASCAR in my hurry to get thru a distant green light the other morning whilst being in M mode I did give it a bit of a nail and can only describe the experience as OMYGOD.So in conclusion I propose that in order to eliminate the road toll everyone should be made to drive an R35 and owning an R35 GT-R be made compulsory.Instead of this current KRudd government giving away money to teenage girls to have babies and widescreen TV's make them subsidise R35 GT-R,s so we can at last have a zero road toll.Anyone?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the calming effect the R35 has on the boy racers.Especially the XRSSHSV ute brigade.I've got a nicely modified 300zx that every time I drive it some young V8 boy wants to race me.Since I've had the R35 the same dudes just want to wave to me or give me the thumbs up and take photos.Not even a hint of mines faster than yours which I'm loving as I do need my licence and in this car there is no stealth mode and I'm finding I have to check the speedo more often as what feels like 260 can quite easily be closer to 280.Got to say though when you do give it a bit I love the sound the turbos make and that's without a Willal Racing mid pipe which will be my first mod.(Martin Donnon from Willal Racing has not payed for this ad for any Willal Racing GTR products that I may or may not of mentioned)(spoken very quickly)but check out his website and have a look at the oil analysis photos.Very scary.I know I'm going on a road trip to SA.That's South not Skylines.As someone that believe it or not has not actually yet driven... say for example ,an F1 car but has driven that other techno marvel the NASCAR in my hurry to get thru a distant green light the other morning whilst being in M mode I did give it a bit of a nail and can only describe the experience as OMYGOD.So in conclusion I propose that in order to eliminate the road toll everyone should be made to drive an R35 and owning an R35 GT-R be made compulsory.Instead of this current KRudd government giving away money to teenage girls to have babies and widescreen TV's make them subsidise R35 GT-R,s so we can at last have a zero road toll.Anyone?

my GTR has yet to have anyone try take it on. no GT2's have turned up next to me at the lights, I guess no one can afford one.... :)

most onlookers are still in the honeymoon phase taking pictures etc. have had a moped and a bike pull up next to the drivers window for a chat on 2 separate occasions this week and a stagea before that. some girls wanted a picture in the car last friday night...... the shits out of hand for now

K rudd is helping the GTR though... via the business equipment tax concessions! haha - GTR taxback program may just have gotten sweeter with the new budget (only works up to the luxury tax threshhold). I am no accountant so better check it out for yourself.

my GTR has yet to have anyone try take it on. no GT2's have turned up next to me at the lights, I guess no one can afford one.... :)

most onlookers are still in the honeymoon phase taking pictures etc. have had a moped and a bike pull up next to the drivers window for a chat on 2 separate occasions this week and a stagea before that. some girls wanted a picture in the car last friday night...... the shits out of hand for now

K rudd is helping the GTR though... via the business equipment tax concessions! haha - GTR taxback program may just have gotten sweeter with the new budget (only works up to the luxury tax threshhold). I am no accountant so better check it out for yourself.

U Need to get out more man

Agreed, honeymoon period people are just amazed to see a R35 in the flesh. Nobodies tried to drag me yet either which I don't mind at all. I did have a pretty cool race with a motorbike last month though. I think that's the more likely drag races we'll have in these R35's cause no other car can come close.

All the better for you cuz they don't want to get ass raped by your R35 GTR.

Any of you fellas wanna race my machine gimi a yell, I'll make your $170K car feel as though it's a Mazda 121 bubble :P

Located in canberra

Your 312rwkw gts-t will get smoked :(

come to sydney, ill give your R35s a thumbs up whilst i pass you on one wheel on the GSXR :P

My 1098R does a good job on most as well......but nice to have a Car that can still keep with most 600's.... :)

I'll go out of my way to get nice cars to take off just to hear them :D

The R35 is a lovely sounding vehicle btw...

Doesn't matter whether I'm in the gtr (r32) on the bike or in the daily. Although the bike does seem to be the thing that the faster cars are happiest racing.

I'd like to see a 1098r vs R35 race.

Jamie

I'll go out of my way to get nice cars to take off just to hear them :D

The R35 is a lovely sounding vehicle btw...

Doesn't matter whether I'm in the gtr (r32) on the bike or in the daily. Although the bike does seem to be the thing that the faster cars are happiest racing.

I'd like to see a 1098r vs R35 race.

Jamie

Do a youtube search....their is a 1098 (S I think...) on there......1098 S Kills the R35 on the straights...but braking and cornering the R35

makes ground.......

Do a youtube search....their is a 1098 (S I think...) on there......1098 S Kills the R35 on the straights...but braking and cornering the R35

makes ground.......

Found it, very cool and pretty much as expected... Car = Braking and Corners // Bike = Acceleration

There is a good "Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera VS Ducati 1098" video too... outcome the same.

Probably means that the R35 and the Lambo are pretty damn close too.

Jamie

Love the car but some owners are wayyyy too cockkyy. Sorry

Some - but some people are just cocks regardless what they drive. My experience so far says that most GT-R owners are OK - you gotta be an enthusiast, pretty wealthy one to own this baby. That's a world of difference to some M3 owners - slicked up hair, massive sunnies and ego issues - massive cocks.

:(

Love the car but some owners are wayyyy too cockkyy. Sorry

probably not the smartest forum to post that sentiment on.

it would be just as ignorant of me to state that modded grey import owners hang out at 7-eleven whilst wearing their pants on backwards and hats on sideways

might be an idea to get to know some of them first, everyone here is obviously an enthusiast so keep the thoughtless typecasting to a minimum eh?

Edited by handbrake