SAU Community

Clutch is FUBARED

chopobo

my clutch is f.u.c.k.e.d

it shat itself today. have to rev to like 6k before it starts biting

i want to go to nissan tomolo to buy the nissan patrol clutch which was mentioned in that other thread. Part no: R173N

Nissan Patrol clutch

i jus want to confirm if this is the right clutch and that it will fit my car (94 R33 GTST)

and jus to clarify, which year patrol model is the clutch from just in case the jockeys at nissan ask.

also anyone know where i can get it installed cheaply? or a place where i can use a hoist? (not too far from springy area as i dun think my clutch can last the distance)

also what gear box oil should i buy to refill?

god dammit clutches are freakin annoying when they fu(k up. :rofl:

please any help is appreciated.

LOL nissan patrol clutch is exactly the same.If you want a clutch ring paul at precision brake and clutch in bendigo he's built clutches for most top street and strip cars in australia and neighbouring countries.for ex..526rwkw supra single plate. he can be reached on 54436744 or 0427436744

Oh yeah its not cheaper unless you are buying genuine nissan parts.This bloke is well worth it,5 mins out ya time hand made button paddle clutch.or full face.dont forget pressure plate has alot to do with it aswell.A crappy clamp load pressure plate is gonna suck on a turbo line.

good work.. hopefully it goes well. I reckon there are a stack of places that can do it on the cheap - a clutch install is a clutch install.

prolly a good idea to get the flywheel machined as well when you get it all done, as that will improve the hookup of the new clutch.

damn Nissan - they build the gearboxes to withstand 300rwkw, and yet they only build the clutch to only 160rwkw or so :(

Originally posted by predator666 damn Nissan - they build the gearboxes to withstand 300rwkw, and yet they only build the clutch to only 160rwkw or so :( [/b]

i thought you knew better mr gordon!

It's much preferreable to have one's clutch let go than to strip the gearbox.

hence why you sohuld have you clutch slightly less than what your box can handle so the clutch will go first.

Much cheaper option. :uh-huh:

ok

jus bought the clutch from repco, was $236.95

PBR clutch kit

dun say anything about being a heavy duty daiken

but i can tell yah its weighs a bit

now i gotta find a muzza to put it on for me

the muzza at SLR performance centre in springy said 250 machine the flywheel and gearbox oil

other muzza said he will have to see but about 100 something depending on condition of the clutch

which muzza should i pick

Do you have to drop the k frame to the end of the threads to get to top bell housing bolts??.if so thats damn cheap coz its a prick of a job.I would go with oil and machine for $250.then its gonna feel brand new.And if ya can pay the difference get that redline shockproof oil.

Originally posted by predator666

yes, but ~160rwkw and around 300rwkw are largely different figures!

yes, but also, little japanese man dont like pushing a decent heavy/grippy clutch all day long either :shake: :shake:

Also im betting most of you still have the same clutch from factory... so they are getting a little older now too

When you get old clutch out check for wear on the plate.If its severley worn on pressure plate side its driver wear slipping and riding it.If its severley worn on flywheel side its engine power wear.

My twin plate was definitely the best mod ive done so far never thought a clutch would make my car feel so positive in launch and hard changing.To anyone else upgrading your clutch get the best you can afford as it makes such a good difference.

ok im gonna get it fitted tomolo morning

ill let you know on the results

ill be the test guinea pig

then if its good we all know patrol clutch is a good cheap alternative to buying expensive clutches