SAU Community

Wrx Driver Kills Person Travelling In The Other Direction

D_Stirls

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong i think the wrx drivers are complete and utter dicks, but it isnt rocket science to judge how a car is moving at night. the loud revs, hektic blow of valves and the sheer distance those cars travel under quick exceleration is a dead give away.....

I posted this last night in the wasteland soon after the article was posted... silly drivers.

Heard on the radio the other day the police commissioner or something dribbling on about just the speed cameras in the city raised some hundreds of millions of dollars(cant remember exact amount they said) and touting "how effective" the speed cameras were working to reduce the road toll... I got a good chuckled out of that!

Heard on the radio the other day the police commissioner or something dribbling on about just the speed cameras in the city raised some hundreds of millions of dollars(cant remember exact amount they said) and touting "how effective" the speed cameras were working to reduce the road toll... I got a good chuckled out of that!

Yep road toll is 49 now ... compared to 33 this time last year! Those cameras sure are reducing the road toll. :P

Yep road toll is 49 now ... compared to 33 this time last year! Those cameras sure are reducing the road toll. :P

and so are the new anti-hooning laws we got this year!

Edited by Rocky88

and so are the new anti-hooning laws we got this year!

Yeah, but admittedly they haven't been around long enough to have a measured effect yet. We also can't believe the data given by the govt or media. And there is always that aged old attitude of "won't happen to me" from the hoons anyway.

Seeing as the community blames the lack of drag strip for the hoons ... I'll blame the previous Road Safety Minister's driving record for the increase in hoons drag racing.

Edited by RubyRS4

Yeah, but admittedly they haven't been around long enough to have a measured effect yet. We also can't believe the data given by the govt or media. And there is always that aged old attitude of "won't happen to me" from the hoons anyway.

Seeing as the community blames the lack of drag strip for the hoons ... I'll blame the previous Road Safety Minister's driving record for the increase in hoons drag racing.

that was exactly my point on last page... do you think that hoon will be willing to kill someone if he only gets 1 year jail, but he will change his mind if that is raised to say 2 years?

dont get me wrong i think the wrx drivers are complete and utter dicks, but it isnt rocket science to judge how a car is moving at night. the loud revs, hektic blow of valves and the sheer distance those cars travel under quick exceleration is a dead give away.....

You've missed the point. :P If these guys weren't dragging/speeding, noone would have been dead, even if there was an impact. Noone can blame the Toyota driver for the outcome here.

that was exactly my point on last page... do you think that hoon will be willing to kill someone if he only gets 1 year jail, but he will change his mind if that is raised to say 2 years?

I dont think the Suburu driver planned to kill anyone and thought of what the consequence might be when he stepped out of the house and jumped into the car...

I dont think the Suburu driver planned to kill anyone and thought of what the consequence might be when he stepped out of the house and jumped into the car...

Unfortunately, no one plans to kill Vu (well, not the sane ones anyway) ... but the second he chose to drag race and put everyone in a dangerous game, that's when he became liable for the outcome.

The toyota driver didn't have a chance. Most drivers take a quick glance to measure the distance between their car and yours, not the speed between your car and theirs. The toyota driver was correct in assuming the wrx were doing the speed limit ... because its illegal not to. Even a little over would have been expected ... but not 150kph!

This is exactly how a close friend of mine was killed on Days Road many years ago. She never had a chance. A stupid reckless driver (on bail for murder I might add) slammed into her car killing her instantly and forever disabling another good friend. She never had a chance against a hoon.

Edited by RubyRS4

well thats in other words kinda what i said... no hoon is prepared to kill someone regardless of what the penalty is...

You've missed the point. :P If these guys weren't dragging/speeding, noone would have been dead, even if there was an impact. Noone can blame the Toyota driver for the outcome here.

no youve missed my point. they guy in the toyota pulling across a 2 lane road infront of traffic shows lack of due care for other road users and his own safety. you could say that if the wrx's were not speeding it wouldnt have happened but then again you dont know, this guy could have still pulled out infront of the next car.....

The toyota driver didn't have a chance. Most drivers take a quick glance to measure the distance between their car and yours, not the speed between your car and theirs. The toyota driver was correct in assuming the wrx were doing the speed limit ...

if you are just looking if there is cars then you are a danger to yourself and a danger to other road users.

you shouldnt be making outlandish assumptions in life or death sittuations like that

how come no one has pointed out the fact that the bloke in the toyota drove infront of them....... in all honesty there are 3 drivers showing lack of due care.......

i did think of this aswell you would still see the headlight of on coming cars and you can usually tell how fast they are approaching, but late night cold wet fog bad visibility ect ect the main wrx that hit didnt actually look that bad so speeds would have been low 100

Yeah good one, let's blame the victim/dead. Regardless of what Rhys believes, the Toyota driver was not showing a lack of due care. An error in judgement because a hoon in another vehicle was speeding excessively does not equal lack of due care.

What about the due care of not drag racing in the first place?

What about the due care of observing what is in front of you? (not looking at the car next to you whilst hooning)

What about the due care for allowing enough stopping distance in the event of an emergency?

And on and on, and so forth.

We've all been there. So consider the poor driver: night time, company in the car, a conversation, general observation in traffic, feeling tired from a full day, look both ways ... cars not in the immedaite area, execute your turn, "Hang on where did those cars come fro..." BANG!

People should stop blaming other persons for the most obvious lack of due care made by the biggest hoons! I'm certain the Toyota driver is further down the list of persons at fault. Wake up.

What about the driver that ran? I say throw the book at the prick. Just because he didn't crash, doesn't make him any less accountable!

Edited by RubyRS4

Yeah good one, let's blame the victim/dead. Regardless, the Toyota driver was not showing a lack of due care. An error in judgement because a hoon in another vehicle was speeding excessively does not equal lack of due care.

What about the due care of not drag racing in the first place?

What about the due care of observing what is in front of you? (not looking at the car next to you whilst hooning)

What about the due care for allowing enough stopping distance in the event of an emergency?

And on and on, and so forth.

We've all been there. So consider the poor driver: night time, company in the car, a conversation, general observation in traffic, feeling tired from a full day, look both ways ... cars not in the immedaite area, execute your turn, "Hang on where did those cars come fro..." BANG!

People should stop blaming other persons for the most obvious lack of due care made by the biggest hoons! I'm certain the Toyota driver is further down the list of persons at fault. Wake up.

What about the driver that ran? I say throw the book at the prick. Just because he didn't crash, doesn't make him any less accountable!

+1

The driver than did the runner should be charged with manslaughter as a minimum and every other offense they can get the cunt for like leaving the scene of an accident, reckless dangerous driving, endangering life ect ect ect....

I think the community has to have a responce to this one, make it big and invite the media. If you have a cruise or just a meet and greet with a couple hundered cars (maybe even collect money for victims for crime) just to show that a majority of people out that drive the same style of cars or actual enthusiests(sp) and that we aren't all punks then we can try and reduce the fallout from this actions of the stupid few.

If we are all united in our public condemnation of the stupid behaviour then we might have a slight chance of not being tared with the same brush, Afte all if we are just posting on NS our dissapprovial then to the general public we are slient on the matter. If the event was to be held then only some spokes people should be allowed to speek to the media and their words chosen carefully so they can't twist then when editing the story.