SAU Community

Wrx Driver Kills Person Travelling In The Other Direction

D_Stirls

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i Thingk u should all think about wat ur saying about ppl here SOME MIGHT BE FAMILY to ppl involved in the accident!!

And dont even f**king start with this shit that non of u have ever dragged/speed/put ur foot down at the lights or on a quiet rd. Yeah i feel sorry for the ppl involved in this but apart from that i think u should all keep ur f##king rude remarks to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S If you've got a problem or cant/dont understand something ive said im more then willing to spell it out to u

Apologies in advance if an innocent victim in all of this is a relative of yours.... but, a quiet Rd doesn't make it permissible to speed, drag, hoon or whatever you want to call it. The only ones I feel sorry for are the passengers in the WRX's and all occupants of the Corolla. I have zero sympathy for the morons drivers of both cars, I have sympathy for their families and friends who have to deal with it now.

how come no one has pointed out the fact that the bloke in the toyota drove infront of them....... in all honesty there are 3 drivers showing lack of due care.......

He didn't deserve to die.... however, had he done the right thing he'd have lived, had either of the other two drivers done the right thing it wouldn't have happened. Thats how it is, it takes an unfortunate set of circumstances to create that situation at some point they are all at fault and equally resposible for there being an accident, the WRX drivers increased the consequences of the circumstances 100 fold.

Wankers!

I think scott has family involved in this so id watch wat u all say!

While I'm sympathetic to your situation, people here have a right to say what they feel. If they were in the position of the Corolla passenger or driver, they would have as much right as anyone to feel enraged at such stupid speed limits. The impact ripped the car in >half<, that means that they were travelling at inexcusable speed. Read my comments in the thread regarding the WRX/Skyline crash a month ago, you'll find my views haven't changed much.

Nobody here is a saint, and I know many here have exceeded the speed limit, but that itself does not make it right.

I hope your family member gets well soon. But I stand by my prior comments - a jail term is a valid punishment for the death of an innocent man. Nobody should have to look over their shoulder constantly while driving a car, wondering if some knob is going to plough into them at 100+ kph.

-D

CRAIG i was referring to does it matter to how im involved in the situation. I have stated i am and have no intention of telling u or any1 else on here how, so as i've asked/stated please think about the other ppl/family involved in this situation before stating your opinion.

I really dont think this is a big ask and i hope u will all respect this

To the people saying that the driver of the Toyota shouldn't have pulled out infront of the WRX, how well do you think that you can judge the speed of a car travelling directly at you from 200m away. I will put money on the fact that you aren't as good as you think you are.

Here's something you might be interested in;

60kph= 16.6 Meters per second

150kph = 41.6 Meters per second

So you look down the road and there's a car that is 200m down the road, you pull out and within 5 second there on you. where as if they were at 60kph it would be 12.5 seconds.

Also to HVN_032 i can 100% garentee you that i have never done 150km/h in a residential Zone.

Ok and thats good to hear, I dont know where this sum of 150 km/h came from.

Theres been no report to my knowledge of speed/cause yes i know apart from the obvious about this.

No Knowledge of speed! Are you for real! 1 car is a write off, The other cut in half and some innocent person died! 150kmph at the minimum!

+7

I reckon a huge "SAY NO TO HOONS" cruise would be awesome. I'm using the word hoons loosely.

serious look at ur sig talkin shit about commos u dnt sound lik a street racer

an i dnt think anyone here can sit bak an say bad street racers coz i bet 99% of u hav all broken the rules at one time, an it only takes that one time to kill some one.

an unless u now they were racing etc dnt kick bak like the media an jump on the street racing band wagon. i 2 now ppl involed an hav been told other wise about wat happened on the night if its true or not who nows only the 3 cars involed.

an i dnt think anyone here can sit bak an say bad street racers coz i bet 99% of u hav all broken the rules at one time, an it only takes that one time to kill some one.

an unless u now they were racing etc dnt kick bak like the media an jump on the street racing band wagon. i 2 now ppl involed an hav been told other wise about wat happened on the night if its true or not who nows only the 3 cars involed.

mods, can we get a spellchecker? I can barely read this

-D

Very unfortunate.

Clearly Mike and his cronies know SFA on how to combat street racing.

Rann.. Please take the advice of Interstate; help get this drag strip up and running AND 'help' make it affordable. Develop a program to encourage civilians to take it to the track, combine it with anti-hoon laws and you have a comprehensive package.

Time to swallow their pride and really take some action.

Edited by SLAPS

hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another good post.

the wanker would rather spend billions on road works/useless tram extensions than build a safe facility for ''rev heads''

at the end of the day, hoons = revenue = recuperating some of the cost of said useless ''upgrades''.

i really hate our current gov. both state & federal .

Yeah good one, let's blame the victim/dead. Regardless of what Rhys believes, the Toyota driver was not showing a lack of due care. An error in judgement because a hoon in another vehicle was speeding excessively does not equal lack of due care.

ignorance is bliss aye old chap?

you contradicted yourself, by making an error in judgement he was showing a lack of due care.... now as ive said before the wrx drivers where complete and utter twats for risking the life of themselves, there passengers, other road users and any possible pedestrians.

like you said yourself, this guy probly was having a chat to his passenger, late at night, almost home (there is a figure stating sumthing along the lines that most major road accidents happen within 15kms of there residence) so just looked up quickly saw lights down the road and went. so there for not propperly annalysing on coming traffic.

*** just as some people tend not to read things clearly on here let it be known im not making excuses for the wrx drivers, they need to have the book thrown at em. but merely pointing out the other possible side to a sad story

CRAIG i was referring to does it matter to how im involved in the situation. I have stated i am and have no intention of telling u or any1 else on here how, so as i've asked/stated please think about the other ppl/family involved in this situation before stating your opinion.

I really dont think this is a big ask and i hope u will all respect this

This is a public forum, a place purely existing for people to put in their 2 bobs on any given thread. With your emotions heavily vested in this recent event, it'd probably be a wise idea to stay out of this one.

RIP Tom Brooks

Found out today I actually know the guy too! He was a year above me back in primary school and is an older brother of a mate of mine back in primary school and part of high school. My condolence to his family.

Whats that got to do with anything? You saying anyone that bags out another car is a street racer?

R.I.P. to the victim, and condolences to his family and friends. I hope his girlfriend makes a full recovery.

Got a call tonight informing me that the girl in the car is a friend of mine, and at the moment im holding back tears telling you guys this.

I will pass on all your well wishes when I manage to go see her. The good news is that she only suffered a broken collar bone and bruising, but the girl will not be the same losing her boyfriend. I hope the other drivers get punished!!