SAU Community

Poll - Which Workshop To Use For Rb28 Build?

tangomatt

Poll - Which Workshop To Use For Rb28 Build?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

As poll title says, I am contemplating using either one of these workshops (CRD or UAS) for a RB28 build. I have contacted both via email and they both sound confident in being able to provide expertise and high quality workmanship on the engine build and tuning. I do not know which one to choose!

Any additional comments, please pm me.

Thanks

Why dont you try other places too.

Like Shift Performance (lansvale) or InCar Performance (wetherill Park)??

I took my old 180 to both places and they both are good. Shift is pricy, but they work on alot of skylines. I personaly would deff pick InCar over shift any day!

Or

why dont you try Birrong Automotive? They seem like they know what their doing. After all didn't they buid that tubed 33??

Don't quote me on this but wasnt it the quikest 33 in nsw (or was it Aus, i cant remember).

Edited by ~Aphrodtie~

I appreciate all your feedback :blush:

I am after a workshop who will deliver expert engine building, reliable and trustworthy service and have the technical know how to integrate V Cam in the tuning to maximise what its worth. I believe this may be one of the first V Cam install in Australia from scratch. I understand there are a few GTRs lurking around with V Cam already fitted from Japan when car was imported. I may be wrong. Again any feedback will be much appreciated as I do not know anyone with who has dealt with either Jim from CRd or Joh from UAs directly.

I have contacted CRD and UAS and they both sound confident that they will get the job done the right way first time round. Again I do not know who to entrust my pride and joy with and also to trust enough to part hard earned cash with.

Cheers guys.

Please HELP!

I've just spent 10K having CRD mod my R34 GTT.

They were all extremely helpfull, knew their stuff, and had no problem answering all my questions over the phone (some of of them probably stupid ones) both before and after the job was completed.

Jim did an excellent job of tuning the power FC, and I would not hesitate to use them again.

id go for crd, u just have to look at the cars that come out of that place to know they are serious about what they do, they are ment to be the GTR experts, plus they have a 4wd dyno which helps more and they dont stuff around, they get in and get the job done.

ive used them a couple of times now n i couldnt be happier with the service from them, even tho its n hour n abit drive to get there, i wouldnt go anywhere else now

Thank you for your input. I am researching in a few more engine builders as well - Red R Racing; Lewis engine builders in SA; Specialty engines which built the Hi Octane R32 GTR etc.

Appreciate all your help.

Cheers

I would highly recommend CRD or Dart Automotive.

Both know GTR's backwards and have a great deal of experience when it comes to building a tough stroked RB.

Dahtone Racing. Perhaps Grim Performance?

If I had to choose id pick CRD, more confidence than UAS but dont know either particularly well just friends experences.

Thank you to all those who have contributed to this thread. I have gained a lot of insight in the GTR tuning scene in all states after contacting and speaking to more than half a dozen workshops. I have selected the one who is going to carry out my RB28 build. I will keep everyone posted as to the progress.

A big thanks again!

Matt