SAU Community

Vic Red P Platers

saris

hey guys i am new to the forum and i just have some questions in regards to a 1993 BNR32 GTSt type M

I am curently under the new red p plate laws and i have seen in other threads that many in this forum seem to think that driving a turbo R32 is the only legal skyline to drive because of the power to weight ratio 125KW/1 tone or somthing like that.....i just wanted confirmation if this is true...

...however if i am not aloud what are the consequences ie. loss of demerit points a massive fine car impounded???

Or i was thinking of just buying a non turbo R32 manuel and just driving it with an automatic lisense.....i wuld really apreciate it if anyone gave their thoughts and some helpfull advice

thanks alot guys :P

If you are under the new laws the 125kw/tonne rule does not apply to you. You cant drive a turbo skyline on your P's. Best get an N/A. And get a manual licence because you will get raped for driving a manual with an auto licence.

What? That's ridiculous. No...

If you have a manual license you do not have any restrictions in regards to driving auto or manual. lol.

yeee im not fussed about insurance im just thinking about the licence and if cops pull me over, there is a large chance that they will not notice, but there is a chance of them noticing the gear shifter lol

rh1n0 i hav an automatic licence due to lazyness wen i got my Ps lol.....that is the dilema :P

Oh my mistake, I read that wrong. I read that if you have a manual license and you're driving an auto you get in trouble.

I am pretty sure that you can lose demerit points for driving a manual with an auto license.

yeee im not fussed about insurance im just thinking about the licence and if cops pull me over, there is a large chance that they will not notice, but there is a chance of them noticing the gear shifter lol

rh1n0 i hav an automatic licence due to lazyness wen i got my Ps lol.....that is the dilema :P

Don't go assuming all cops are stupid, they will notice the restriction on your license, and if they don't like you, chances are they'll fine you. Also, if I were you, I would be "fussed" with insurace, you wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life paying off that Ferarri you rear ended.

If you are driving a high powered vehicle on your probationary licence you will recieve a $225 fine but no demerit points.

Bullsh*t.

Can get fined to up to $1100 and lose demerit points.

If you are driving a high powered vehicle on your probationary licence you will recieve a $225 fine but no demerit points.

If only you were right...

3 Demerits - so basically get busted twice in the space of 3 years - you loose the license. (thats if the 6 points for P's still counts)...

Basically not worth the risk especially if your license is important too you.

Bullsh*t.

Can get fined to up to $1100 and lose demerit points.

Can and up to being the operative words. Its not a given.

I was fined $225 and no points both times I got done.

Who here has actually been fined for this?

Who here thinks they know everything by reading shit posted by people who are wrong?

yeee thats what i thought, but what would happen if i got pulled over in a manuel and i had an auto licence? asif they would notice, or would they?

Im on my P's (green) and most of my mates are too.

And a fair few of them have been busted driving a manual on an auto licence.

Cops seem to notice, they will get P platers for anything haha.

I wouldnt risk it.

it sounds lik its better off goin legit and being legal to avoid hastles with the cops n wat not......i think i am just goin to go for my manuel licence and get a manuel N/A R32 untill i get off my Ps or get bored and buy a new car :)

thanks alot guys (Y)

Who here thinks they know everything by reading shit posted by people who are wrong?

I was in my mate's car when he was slapped with a fine. It was substantially more than $225 and he lost his license (not sure how many demerit points he had left to start with though).

Also, check the vic roads website and it clearly states the laws/fines to do with this.

this is a lil off topic. But im on my green p's and have had it for about a year and six months. Am i able to drive a r32 turbo?

If you got your P's before July 2007, then your allowed to drive a turbo car, so long as its under 125/kw per tonne.

Im not sure how much a 32gtst weighs though, so maybe lol.