SAU Community

Vic Red P Platers

saris

Firstly I will say that the fine is $227 and 3 demerit points as I just looked in penalty guide book couple of days ago. If you drive manual on Auto licence trust me if you are intercepted police WILL notice. I check every probationary license to see if Auto conditions and check if car is auto or not. Pretty small fine I think around $115 and no demerit points.

I won't comment on red "p" green "p" etc as I haven't bothered to check into it. Too many laws changing all the time and whether "p" plater driving turbo car doesn't really bother me too much.

i heard that in July the laws for p platers r goin to be changed ie. no more passenger restrictions and we will b able to drive turbo cars aslong as they are considered a family car or are in the power to weight ratio thing again...........i am really curious to the answer because if so it will put me off till after july to buy a car......

i heard that in July the laws for p platers r goin to be changed ie. no more passenger restrictions and we will b able to drive turbo cars aslong as they are considered a family car or are in the power to weight ratio thing again...........i am really curious to the answer because if so it will put me off till after july to buy a car......

Yeah that law is mostly for low powered turbos.

Like the volvos etc with 1.4 turbo's for better economy.

Sadly sports cars dont come into that category, or as family cars haha.

I heard you might still have to apply to vic roads for a permit to still those cars still.

was i the only one to pickup that he wants to drive a 1993 BNR32 GTSt type M?

didnt know they existed :blush:

Haha i noticed that too, but thought there was no point in getting technical

yeee im not fussed about insurance im just thinking about the licence and if cops pull me over, there is a large chance that they will not notice, but there is a chance of them noticing the gear shifter lol

rh1n0 i hav an automatic licence due to lazyness wen i got my Ps lol.....that is the dilema :(

Right. So when you hit that brand new Commodore, or Beamer you're willing to pay $30,000 to $100,000 to replace it?

If you car is a shit box, get third party, but make it a legal shit box.

Not being on my P-plates anymore, i didnt pay much attention to the introduction of the new green/red laws. Seems to me its not all that worthwhile getting a N/A Skyline as they are too heavy. Surely you'd be aiming for as close to the power-to-weight ratio as possible? Try and get your hands on a S13 or S12.

my 2c

[edit]

I agree with Kez. if you dont have atleast 3rd party and you're on the road, you're a free kin inconsiderate idiot.

Edited by abacusnow

Seems to me its not all that worthwhile getting a N/A Skyline as they are too heavy.

Most people are after the car, and the image, not necessarily the performance. Of the thousand of Skylines in the country, i'd hazard a guess that less than 10% of them actually touch a track. I know that's why i bought mine (an NA), because i like the car. Fastest you can legally go in Vic is 100kph (110 on one freeway), which my R33 can comfortably do, even though it's 'heavy'. It sounds like this bloke has his heart set on owning a skyline, so what's the diff?

Why do mid life crisis sufferers buy ferrari's? So they can park them outside their favourite cafe and look cool, not to cut quick laptimes around Sandown.

If you on green P's and got your license during the 125kw/tonne restriction law, r32 gtst series 2 (1991-1993) are legal due to being heavier than series 1. Although try explaining that to a cop who is eager on slapping a high powered vehicle fine on you :ninja: