SAU Community

Anyone Run Their R35 At Eastern Creek (circuit)?

LSX-438

Ahh Stuart!

Yes i am currently uploading some interesting video of our little run... you freaked me out with two wheels on the dirt after turn 1, i thought you were going to turn the car around for sure. Keep a look out for the video soon, i have it all on tape!

Me too, (good thing I did rallying for a while) thank goodness its a Nissan, sorry couldn't chat - kids were over it! Hope I don't owe you a windscreen. If not, I can get new tyres!!

All going well, I will be able to get you on camera, for a while at Wakefield.

Thanks for the great clean run, my camera went flat on our run, so some footage (edited) would be great.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats mad that R35 gtr do times around the same as crazy modded Evos

1.45 to 1.48's in a evo, normal means 260kw at the wheels striped Re55's full coilovers and sways and bracing and upgrade brakes and someone that has been there tons of times and is a good driver

Nice can't wait to see these things have work done to them

Hi, Sorry new to site, just noting my R32 times on a good day at Eastern Creek. R32 mods - std engine, N1 turbo's, injectors, exhaust, apexi and HSD suspension, Dunlop (DZ03's Med), full trim and NSW rego, but dont give 35 an inch, cause it will take a mile, cause it can. Come on Lotto

Hi, Sorry new to site, just noting my R32 times on a good day at Eastern Creek. R32 mods - std engine, N1 turbo's, injectors, exhaust, apexi and HSD suspension, Dunlop (DZ03's Med), full trim and NSW rego, but dont give 35 an inch, cause it will take a mile, cause it can. Come on Lotto

that is farken quick, 1:45 - i wonder what times i'd get with my 32...almost ready to go with over 400awkw :closedeyes:

Me too, (good thing I did rallying for a while) thank goodness its a Nissan, sorry couldn't chat - kids were over it! Hope I don't owe you a windscreen. If not, I can get new tyres!!

All going well, I will be able to get you on camera, for a while at Wakefield.

Thanks for the great clean run, my camera went flat on our run, so some footage (edited) would be great.

Stuart here is the video of our run on Sunday mate:

Stuart here is the video of our run on Sunday mate:

Thanks, Duncan - Excellent coverage - must say felt better than it looked at turn 1 rallysprint?

The rest doesnt look as bad as I thought - (was very busy) - must say your steering wheel will out last mine!

Thinking of trying hard compound for Wakefield as several brands of mediums are over it after warm up and one lap, bet its wet - see you there!

Thanks again for a lap in the 35. Steerer / car / camera - excellent. :D

after watching that clip, it amazes me that you're getting mid 40's yet the straight line speed & turn 1 is not that high, compared to a bike.

i.e. my bike would hit 280+km on the straight & over 200+km in turn 1...bike has a huge advantage power/weight.

cars obviously carry much more corner speed running 4 wheels & much more surface area, my point is that you could make up a lot of time in turn 1 (i.e. there is a difference of 30km here alone) & absolutely smash your lap times :nyaanyaa:

i wonder if 30's would be on the horizon for the r35?

i gotta get an r35 (& keep my r32gtr at the same time)

after watching that clip, it amazes me that you're getting mid 40's yet the straight line speed & turn 1 is not that high, compared to a bike.

i.e. my bike would hit 280+km on the straight & over 200+km in turn 1...bike has a huge advantage power/weight.

cars obviously carry much more corner speed running 4 wheels & much more surface area, my point is that you could make up a lot of time in turn 1 (i.e. there is a difference of 30km here alone) & absolutely smash your lap times :dry:

i wonder if 30's would be on the horizon for the r35?

i gotta get an r35 (& keep my r32gtr at the same time)

True. i could probably carry another 20km/hr through turn 1, or more, can't wait to get back out there.

True. i could probably carry another 20km/hr through turn 1, or more, can't wait to get back out there.

I have watched your laps a couple of times and I love the Trackvision setup. Great footage...I have to get out there agin...cannot wait.

i showed 1 of my mates who has raced in the targa tasmania & quotes:

"That looked like an easy run… a bit more pushing and a little less braking will put down some impressive numbers"

this means you can potentially run a high 30 - that is ridiculously quick :sick:

i showed 1 of my mates who has raced in the targa tasmania & quotes:

"That looked like an easy run… a bit more pushing and a little less braking will put down some impressive numbers"

this means you can potentially run a high 30 - that is ridiculously quick :P

Wondering what times your bike does round EC, slicks or road tyres?

Our times for the 35 & 32 - both road registered - standard engines, average tyres - would place us, mid field in NSW Sports Sedan Racing category!! As only the first or second time at the track for these vehicles, I reckon - not bad!!

my times were consistent low 40's with a recorded 1:39 and pb 1:37, this was on street tyres but the bike had 180hp and only 170kg, massive power to weight advantage.

put it this way, aust superbikes which are 200k worth of r&d pull mid 30's

congrats on your lap times, ive always admired gtr's and these times confirm my choice of car

when my 700+hp 32 is run in ill take it to EC, pm me when u head out as id like to come out :P

my times were consistent low 40's with a recorded 1:39 and pb 1:37, this was on street tyres but the bike had 180hp and only 170kg, massive power to weight advantage.

put it this way, aust superbikes which are 200k worth of r&d pull mid 30's

congrats on your lap times, ive always admired gtr's and these times confirm my choice of car

when my 700+hp 32 is run in ill take it to EC, pm me when u head out as id like to come out :(

Please let us know when 32's run in, thats over 220kws more than I am running in my R32, with a PB of 1.45.9886.

Have also enjoyed bike track day's in the past - bike still in shed, old 98 Hirebus (GSX 1300R), only 204hp on road tyres, 1 owner 13,000km's on clock - pm me when u head out, as would be great to catch up :D p/b simular .

They are great times you guys are running - well done.

That trackvision is fantastic, I need to get more info on that!

R32 Stuart: What mods have you done to the car, engine, brakes, suspension, tyres, weight red etc? From the sounds of it it 'seems' relatively minor but it's bloody quick!

They are great times you guys are running - well done.

That trackvision is fantastic, I need to get more info on that!

R32 Stuart: What mods have you done to the car, engine, brakes, suspension, tyres, weight red etc? From the sounds of it it 'seems' relatively minor but it's bloody quick!

Hi Pretty basic old girl - HSD Suspensions, changed the rear springs to lighter as it was too skippy, brakes are ECB's have had issues - but so far full support from distributor and worked well at EC. Engine is a stocker 80,000kms cam gears, N1 turbos, 700cc injectors, coil packs, clutch, Trust exhaust, SWR on rear diff, front standard.

The biggest mods are mines baffled tapet covers, my ugly tapet cover catch system - running external oil pump system from tapet covers back to sump ; thus so far saving us the expense of engine rebuilds, I dont beleive oil restictor and bigger sumps solve the problem of the nick name bearing. Do beleive, lots of people have wasted lots of money on RB26's from money making and misinformation; shame hey!!

Also pissed off, some major tuning shops, tuned our GTR as 2wd with 40% less torque and minimal kilowatt change, then optional businees on 4wd dyno. Please note huge difference 2 versus 4 in real horsepower / torque and tryes must say in 2 years hillcimb championships - various state champion Type SV - wasnt impressed personally with Bridgestone - found the Dunlop exceptional in medium compound - must say in supersprints over cooking tyres badly after 2 laps. 1580kilos with driver - going to try hard compound for next meet.

Don't forget, both Duncans 35 and our 32 with some mods - are still stock engines.

The 32 could not compete with Duncans times with or without issues at Oran Park and Wakefield. my congrats go to Duncan again - on his his times with a fresh car!!

Thanks anyway - please any other disussions will try and reply on general dicussions not R35 Discussion Thread. Its all new this site at the moment but working it all out!! Evo ly (Slowly - haha)

Hi Pretty basic old girl - HSD Suspensions, changed the rear springs to lighter as it was too skippy, brakes are ECB's have had issues - but so far full support from distributor and worked well at EC. Engine is a stocker 80,000kms cam gears, N1 turbos, 700cc injectors, coil packs, clutch, Trust exhaust, SWR on rear diff, front standard.

The biggest mods are mines baffled tapet covers, my ugly tapet cover catch system - running external oil pump system from tapet covers back to sump ; thus so far saving us the expense of engine rebuilds, I dont beleive oil restictor and bigger sumps solve the problem of the nick name bearing. Do beleive, lots of people have wasted lots of money on RB26's from money making and misinformation; shame hey!!

Also pissed off, some major tuning shops, tuned our GTR as 2wd with 40% less torque and minimal kilowatt change, then optional businees on 4wd dyno. Please note huge difference 2 versus 4 in real horsepower / torque and tryes must say in 2 years hillcimb championships - various state champion Type SV - wasnt impressed personally with Bridgestone - found the Dunlop exceptional in medium compound - must say in supersprints over cooking tyres badly after 2 laps. 1580kilos with driver - going to try hard compound for next meet.

Don't forget, both Duncans 35 and our 32 with some mods - are still stock engines.

The 32 could not compete with Duncans times with or without issues at Oran Park and Wakefield. my congrats go to Duncan again - on his his times with a fresh car!!

Thanks anyway - please any other disussions will try and reply on general dicussions not R35 Discussion Thread. Its all new this site at the moment but working it all out!! Evo ly (Slowly - haha)

Out of interest Stuart how much power does your car make?

Also (sorry, i know i've aksed this twice before) what wheels are you running and do you have a contact?

Cheers mate.

Out of interest Stuart how much power does your car make?

Also (sorry, i know i've aksed this twice before) what wheels are you running and do you have a contact?

Cheers mate.

Last Dyno was 310.6kws and torque levels off @ 8000. Last tune by CRD Silverwater, improved the car enormously. Also must say, not that fussed on Dyno's but they were are kind as you can be to the car, sorting many silly stuff ups from previous tuner.

Re: Wheels - we run Koyo Drift Tek because this is all we could find available although would not recommend these as they will bend just from running over ripple strips, potholes etc. We have purchased 14 new in the past 3 years, on last purchase we asked for assistance/discount from Koyo, we got straight no as the wheels were being used for racing. Sorry cant really recommend anything in particular!! Good luck in your search. Contact Troy at Jack Baker Tyrepower Adelaide - 08 8410 1312. All the same, if you need any wheels reparied - must say, Mag Wheel Repairs by Custom Painting - Brian or Ron 02 9621 3355 Kings Park (Blacktown) do a great job.

Tyres - running Dunlop's DZO3s / mediums - recommend Hards for supersprints though - contact Peter at Garys motorsport

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...