SAU Community

The Journey To Find The One...gtr!

MatanZ

thanx for all the great positive comments! :( cheers everyone.

its a 92 model

the work im getting done is from potek, they seem pretty good.

1 little problem im noticeing atm is according the the power fc controller the air temp readin gets up to 40 - 50 degress and the water temp gets up to 70.

is this too high????

should i get the pods boxed up to keep them cooler cos after driving it i touch feel them and there warm!

my mate just sold his evo 9 for a black fd rx7...looks mean, but the evo was a much better car. the rx7 is stupidly tiny inside!!!

good to hear your going to protek.. dom & joe do some good work and have had some very quick gtrs come out of there..

congrats on the buy :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome car. great buy. id change the turbos pretty soon if they're still stock. GT-SS are awesome. i got mine when i was on my 1st rebuild. great responsiveness and power. a little too small for the 2.8 now though. i really need to look at selling them :D and getting some bigger 1s. Perfect turbos for the RB26

awesome car. great buy. id change the turbos pretty soon if they're still stock. GT-SS are awesome. i got mine when i was on my 1st rebuild. great responsiveness and power. a little too small for the 2.8 now though. i really need to look at selling them :) and getting some bigger 1s. Perfect turbos for the RB26

what type of price would u wana get for ure gt-ss????

and dom at protek looks after the car very well, they seem like a good bunch of guys there.

ans is there a bolt on, or something to that effect for coolin, like a box and some sort of better cool air intake, or best to custom make??

lol mate my air tems is arnd 42-44 degrees :action-smiley-069: i think the ARC box suffers from heat soak but does not really bother me.. :blink: i am usin GT2860-5 turbos and they seem to be good! lol.

• 11 months later...

ive always wanted to find the car that i would be able to call 'the one'

gone through a few cars on the way, so heres the pics to show the journey.

from a nice cool prelude back in the days, loved the interior and dash of this car.

post-33739-1242442699_thumb.jpgpost-33739-1242442715_thumb.jpg

to the first turbo...mitsu cordia.

was heaps of fun, but the torque steer was to toooo much! had 2 of those,

the silver one way modified nicely and loved it, but not the one, put the greatest sound system in it but got over that very quick

post-33739-1242442794_thumb.jpgpost-33739-1242442837_thumb.jpg

post-33739-1242442852_thumb.jpg

post-33739-1242442774_thumb.jpg

then skylines...r32 i belive is always the only skyline ive ever wanted.

gtst was ok but didnt really have the 'it factor.

post-33739-1242442871_thumb.jpgpost-33739-1242442880_thumb.jpg

so i decided i NEEDEd to buy an R32 gtr and im in love with the beast!!!!

i keep it put away in the garage and is purely a weekender because the feeling of coming home on friday and opening up the garage, taking the covers off and taking it out is unbelivable.

now i just look for excuses to drive it on the weekends lol

post-33739-1242442891_thumb.jpgpost-33739-1242442900_thumb.jpg

post-33739-1242442907_thumb.jpg

its very very clean, reasonable stock, tuned and dyno'd when i got it at 202kw at the 4.

running 13psi very safe tune but still fun for the road.

great fine white example of a 32gtr i think...and SUPER happy with the purchase.

....on order a set of 18x9.5 gtr face white advan tc2. fingers crossed they look good.

white rims on white car, still unsure. heres hoping! :P

ANY CRUISES IN VIC IM IN! and looking forward to it

[/quote

Mate. We should go for a cruise one daii, i have got a white 32gtr aswell.. if u ever go Let me kno plz Lol :)

• 5 weeks later...

Love this thread.

Inspiring stuff.

Im on the journey to find my dream car GTR32 as well.

I would really love someone to take me for a spin in theres.

Im not sure if I sould be looking for a stocker or one thats been worked up a bit.