SAU Community

R32 Wont Rev Past 3 To 4 Thou

Hey all

I just went and looked at this r32 gtst for sale today now the car hadnt been driven in about 7 months and had been parked in the garage since. so we put a new battery in it and when i went for a test drive it wouldnt rev past 3 to 4k rpm and it would miss and try to back fire the car has no mods bar a 3inch axhaust and has done 112thousand ks. it had a quater of tank of petrol and all vacuum lines under the hood were all conected and electrical components ok also, any one got any ideas what it could be?

my only thought so far is the car had only a little fuel in it so the petrol had sort of evaporated and gotten a little shitty over the past months,, any suggestions?

cheers Keith

Replace the tank of petrol in it with some fresh 98 octance stuff and try again. I think your on the money.

If it was running fine 7 months ago then would assume not coilpacks or plugs.

Edited by JiN_MaN

soundz a lil suss mate. jus tak ur time, i rushed in nd brought my r32 gtst but itz been nothin but a headache 4 me hah dats my regret. sounds the goods tho id say its the old fuel

I agree, fuel sediment settles over long times and can block your injectors, causing similar [if not as extreme] problems. I'd still be careful and possibly get the RACV to do a Comprehensive inspection of the vehicle before you buy it. I bought mine after a RACV Test and they outlined -all- of the potential problems with it, meaning you have a list of 'to do' before you even drive off.