SAU Community

Latest Shenanigans

• 4 weeks later...

SIT REP.

Well, like it or not we all know, and have to abide by the basic laws of physics. What goes up, must come down. Gravity is a constant. And every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Likewise we all have to abide by the basic rules of tuning when it comes to our cars. At the forefront of these is Newton's third law, 'red goes faster.'

So if we apply 'red goes faster' with 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction,' then we can hypothesis that 'red stops faster.' And thus we widen to reveal two R33 gts-t front callipers with all new seals and a fresh coat of stop fast red.

r33_brakes01.jpg

r33_brakes02.jpg

As far as other interesting things we've been working on, well there just isn't all that much that's actually interesting. We pulled the rear callipers off to re condition those as well, and thought whilst we were at it we'd get some braided rear line too. However in trying to undo the brake line all I managed to do was round the nut off. It was a proper round too, destroyed, and I was even using the correct sized flare nut spanner too. Oh well, win some lose some. So we took all the solid line off right back to tee piece and flexi line that goes from the diff to the floor pan, got some braided line being made up for that section too whilst we're at it.

So still waiting on a few more front end bits, mainly front rotors and front braided line and we'll have a moving vehicle again. Super keen to take it down to Winton with all the suspension and brakes done, but with the NA RB30 auto. I envisage giggles to be had by all.

• 1 month later...

G'Day lads and lassies,

Just a quick one today to announce that my time in the Capital has come to an end. I've finally manage to crawl out the shift work mine shaft and have landed a nice new day job back home in Albury.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me out over the years here in Canberra and it was a pleasure to meet all of you.

I'll still be trawling around the forums and I'm sure I'll be back for an event or two as well. I'll keep updating the progress on the 31 and hopefully now that I'll be living in the same state as the car some real work will start to get done.

Until next time,

I'm out,

RobMz

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmmm loooooooooomy.

R31DashLoom.jpg

So this is the back of the 31 dash. Decided to remove all the unnecessarily loom, radio, a/c, foot well lights, trip computer etc. For those asking, 'why would you bother,' I can only say, I don't know . . . I guess I get bored.